TTTNE 371 - Now Chocolate-Coated!

felice

Finally. I don't feel so alone here now.

Oh, you're not alone. I may be the biggest LOST fan you'll ever meet. I loved that series start to finish. If you just "let go" and watch it (which, ironically, is what the entire series is about) it's a much more enjoyable ride. But it's not for everyone.

I do not want to start a huge debate on the merits/failings of the show - this isn't the place for it. Just wanted to add my opinion. Besides, there is already a LOST thread in entertainment. Several, actually, including the real-time rewatch schedule I posted in September.

My mom currently lives in Harper (somewhere in Northern Idaho) Small world ;)

I graduated from Boise, but only lived there 2 1/2 years. We used to love to go camping up in the mountains.

That's awesome. I don't know Harper though.. Must be closer to Canada. I grew up in Pierce, here's a pic of how little and secluded it is :lol:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z186/NKAWTG/IMG_4724.jpg

Not much to do but go play in the woods :)

Oh and Boise is a nice place too! Did you go see the lava fields ever?

Don't watch the video unless you saw Lost (it's from the episode that was broadcasted before the season 6 premiere).

40.40-42.40

'Most believe that what is done is done. You can not change faith, no matter how hard you try.

And those who challenge what is destined will always be met with disappointment.

For faith has a way of charting its own course, but before one surrenders to the hands of destiny

one might consider the power of the human spirit and the force that lies in one's own free will.'

That's awesome. I don't know Harper though.. Must be closer to Canada. I grew up in Pierce, here's a pic of how little and secluded it is :lol:

http://i192.photobuc...TG/IMG_4724.jpg

Not much to do but go play in the woods :)

Oh and Boise is a nice place too! Did you go see the lava fields ever?

I have never looked to see where Harper is before :lol: (I'm a bad daughter) it is north of Spokane.

Yes, we went to the lava fields. I probably didn't appreciate them enough (but I was 17 and more interested in my friend's brother than the rock ;) )

It is a very beautiful state, but mum is not happy living in the middle of nowhere

I have never looked to see where Harper is before :lol: (I'm a bad daughter) it is north of Spokane.

Yes, we went to the lava fields. I probably didn't appreciate them enough (but I was 17 and more interested in my friend's brother than the rock ;) )

It is a very beautiful state, but mum is not happy living in the middle of nowhere

It is gorgeous, just not much to do :lol: most places you have to drive a few hours too get to a fast food restaurant. Why are they there, might I ask?

All I can say is this....

The Okeefenoke Swamp.

Huge blip on cell phone coverage in the southeast corner of Georgia and north east Florida.

Even in cool days in January, they do swamp tours and you can see 17 ft gators.

I never want to be in the 'ick' Myrish swamp when I have an option between the Okeefenoke and the Everglades!

Any of you Florida people ever see an invasive python? They are are far north as the Savannah River wetlands between SC and GA.

And whose has 'Big Cat' tales about large felines that supposedly don't exist (no, not big catfish tales...we all have those here in the south)?

It is gorgeous, just not much to do :lol: most places you have to drive a few hours too get to a fast food restaurant. Why are they there, might I ask?

My aunt and her family live up there and they talked my mom into it. Now they have pretty much abonded her, so she is rather miserable, but on SS so no way to move unless she sells the place where she lives and it is hard to do that. (mom is 74)

Fly-By

T-Mow set me up a shot of Hennessy, a double Scotch and a Gin you know how i like it, make sure it's a dirty glass :cheers:, AHHHH ok i'm off again.

(stands a minute, can't stop looking at Lany's avatar :drool: )

Ok now i'm really leaving HAR HAR HAR :leaving:

Damn...missed that fly-by crow. And he didn't even look at me :cry:

That's OK Lany, its an awesome pic.

OF course it is Wednesday and my apartment is finally done!

Group snuggle at Bex's tonight with little 15 lb Wendy snuggling up to everyone in turn hoping for a treat!

HAR HAR HAR ;)

My aunt and her family live up there and they talked my mom into it. Now they have pretty much abonded her, so she is rather miserable, but on SS so no way to move unless she sells the place where she lives and it is hard to do that. (mom is 74)

Oh that's not good. The real estate there is so cheap even if she does sell, she won't get much ..

Yeah, but the old TTTNE'ers are sensitive and can't appreciate sassy-ness.

At least have the balls to say this kind of stuff to the people in the thread your actually talking about.

Finally home...

St.Arya, that place is absolutely beautiful! Nice place to grow up in, but I can see it would perhaps be problematic for teenagers there, unless they are very much into outdoorsy stuff. I'm myself a city kid, never lived outside a city, except for holidays. We have always spent a few weeks on the countryside and in the mountains each year, skiing and playing in the woods. I have a concern about living in a secluded area and that is mostly that it's so far to hospitals!

All I can say is this....

The Okeefenoke Swamp.

Huge blip on cell phone coverage in the southeast corner of Georgia and north east Florida.

Even in cool days in January, they do swamp tours and you can see 17 ft gators.

I never want to be in the 'ick' Myrish swamp when I have an option between the Okeefenoke and the Everglades!

Any of you Florida people ever see an invasive python? They are are far north as the Savannah River wetlands between SC and GA.

And whose has 'Big Cat' tales about large felines that supposedly don't exist (no, not big catfish tales...we all have those here in the south)?

There are so many pythons in the Everglades that it's not funny. I was listening to NPR about this and they can only go north to a point. After that, they cannot handle the cold temperatures. I hate what people have done to not only the local ecosystems, but to these creatures who should have never been household pets and now are being hunted and killed. It is always the people's fault. :(

Wow - over a hundred posts since I was last here yesterday.

Make sure, guys, that you're not doing stuff here you should be doing by PM. I didn't read the hundred posts, only this page and the first page from my last post, so I don't know.

Maybe we need an explanation again of the difference between spam and chat. Spam is more of an occasional post, not an all-day long conversation. Pull up one of the chat boards, the one Pebble links, or the other one in the Chat thread, and keep it open on your desk to chat in. :)

Can't stay - I'm off to see Leonard Cohen. Floor seats. I'm taking my best friend's oldest son and his fiance, as a combined birthday/Christmas present. :cool4:

Archived