Makeup

WillWork4NinjaPowers

I have slightly oily but overall pretty good skin. Don't use foundation and just wash with water and Neutrogena soap. If I am going to teach or some other moderately formal occasion, I'll use a bit of blue liner under my eyes, and a smear of lipstick. Usually Burt's Bees lipgloss and some random brand lipstick to add some color. I would like a new darker lipstick. Basically pretty low maintenance. And am fine with just ignoring this stuff most of the time.

I got one from Korea and thought it was funny that my white friends love the stuff and it didn't work for me at all. It seems from pictures of Korean women wearing it though, that they WANT to make their skin tone more pink? Gross.

Ahhhh, the plight of Asian ladies! Most either want to get white or rosy skin and avoid the yellow or the natural tan. I personally am happy with my natural skin color. The thing with Korean BB creams is they are supposed to blend to your natural skin color (main difference with tinted moisturizers). It doesn't seem to do that with fair ladies, cause it appears yellow or something. My skin did not turn pink or anything, though.

I painted my nails a super dark gray color today that my clueless husband said looked liked death.

Ass.

This is where you retort with:

"Oh no it doesn't, silly head. It will, however, when bits of entrails from clueless husband unit are hanging onto them creating a speckling effect. Want to see?"

My toes are a black glitter. My nails are a super cool dark, bluey gray. My husband is a sweet pea, and I normally ignore his well meant advice. :)

I have noticed I'm sort of dressing like Stevie Nicks, though...I'm walking a fine line between edgy and insane. I'm starting to look like that teacher that Emma Thompson played in Harry Potter. :P Only I don't have coke bottle glasses.

So many lucky ladies here, I wish I could go out and feel good without make-up :( but it is kinda fun experimenting with it.

You are so beautiful and you have beautiful skin. If I had your eyes, I would wear no makeup on them. They are stunning. Now stop it I say. :kiss:

My toes are a black glitter. My nails are a super cool dark, bluey gray. My husband is a sweet pea, and I normally ignore his well meant advice. :)

I have noticed I'm sort of dressing like Stevie Nicks, though...I'm walking a fine line between edgy and insane. I'm starting to look like that teacher that Emma Thompson played in Harry Potter. :P Only I don't have coke bottle glasses.

Are you more in her come hither to the bedroom in my coke snorting negligee stage or her giddyup Annie Oakley come snort coke with Miss Kitty stage?

Since I don't have a husband, it's my dad who's still picking on my fashion choices. Since I have to tread carefully on face makeup it's usually the hair and the nails that get the flack (I love trying different hair colors and my hair has paid the price for that).

Are you more in her come hither to the bedroom in my coke snorting negligee stage or her giddyup Annie Oakley come snort coke with Miss Kittystage?

Probably in her edge of seventeen going on 60 stage. How weird is that photo, I ask you?

I think it's a sign of the Apocalypse.

Probably in her edge of seventeen going on 60 stage. How weird is that photo, I ask you?

I think it's a sign of the Apocalypse.

He was no more than a baby then

Well he seemed broken-hearted

Something within him

But the moment

That I first laid

Eyes..on..him..all alone

Whooooh. Whooooh. Whooooh.

I need to lay off Stevie. I love her. Not her fashion choices or her recreational drug use. But her voice. From twenty years ago.

I also love Stevie. She's totally fearless and wears tophats, capes, and velvet with feathers, STILL. I saw her with Tom Petty and she's still doing the platform boots and crazy spinning around. Plus, I love her songwriting and her voice, and the fact that she slept with the whole band is kind of cool in a scary, drug addled, everyone excepting John McVee kind of way.

I've spent a large portion of this evening perusing Sephora. I'm almost ready to make the plunge and get some quality brushes and stuff. I can't wear BB cream because of what's in it and that whole job thing. Crazy.

I also need a good night cream to help with the harshness of work.

In the meantime, I'm going to bed. And I can't stop singing 'whooo whooo whooo, come away come away.'...night!

She's like a walking endorsement of modern plastic surgery and cosmetics.

Like, the opposite of Keith Richards. No amount of moisturizing cream is going to do anything to that guy.

(Yes, I like Stevie, too, but not nearly as big a fan of her as my SO is.)

Archived