Makeup

WillWork4NinjaPowers

I feel lucky that my eyebrows look fine with minimal plucking. I pluck maybe 5-6 hairs every two weeks. I've never met a straight man who cared if eyebrows were extremely shapely as long as they weren't crawling down a person's face, but I'm sure that now I'll get a chorus of people telling me how deeply they care.

I am just going to pretend that no one said anything about anal bleaching. Even I have boundaries.

I think guys don't care specifically, but everyone looks best with well kept eyebrows and it makes a big difference in your looks. They might not notice if they look nice, but they'll notice if they look bad

Tears, Retin-A is great, but the skin bleach on your face? Freckles are beautiful. Are you using hydroquinone as a bleach? I know Obagi makes a product that contains it, and it's relatively gentle. It's also popular for bleaching elsewhere as well.

Yeah, my husband loves my freckles, but I think they're looking more like age spots. :dunno: And, yep, it's hydroquinone.

No bleaching elsewhere, 'kthx.

I think guys don't care specifically, but everyone looks best with well kept eyebrows and it makes a big difference in your looks. They might not notice if they look nice, but they'll notice if they look bad

I was thinking of the skinny, hard line pluck. I know women who do this. I don't know any guys who think this is more appealing than regular size, normally groomed eyebrows.

Be careful about using Retin-A and waxing your eyebrows. I wished I had heeded that warning! I got burns from the wax which never happened before I started using the Retin-A (and then I discovered plucking was easier/faster/cheaper anyway.)

Yeah, I used Retin-A, went to get my eyebrows waxed, and the wax tore the skin off. Ouch.

I used Dermalogica products on my face since I was in my early 20s and I had my very first Dermalogica prescription facial, but two years ago I switched to using Boots No7 Protect & Perfect range instead as it is £20 a pot rather than £40 (Dermalogica prices).

My pro-tip for younglings is for crying out loud use a moisturiser with SPF in it. Don't wait til you're in your 30's before worrying about sun damage. The skin on your face is exposed EVERY day! I received this good advice from my beautician when was about 23. I do wonder if this is why some of my younger friends have more visible wrinkles than me. Keep the sun off your face. :)

The Boots stuff is nice but hard to track down here. :/ I use Dermalogica because I know the SPF-moisturizer won't burn my skin.

I took my niece out for lunch at the bookstore today and told her it was time to invest in SPF-moisturizer, btw. If she takes my advice, she'll thank me in thirty years.

Back to report in. My face is a "nice" rosy color and it's peeling in places. I think I may give it a day off. :uhoh:

Oh ow. :( I hope it's better soon!

The Boots stuff is nice but hard to track down here. :/ I use Dermalogica because I know the SPF-moisturizer won't burn my skin.

Are you getting Target out in Winterland? (I have no idea how the transition is happening and where they are opening in Canadia)

They sell Boots products in Target.

Are you getting Target out in Winterland? (I have no idea how the transition is happening and where they are opening in Canadia)

They sell Boots products in Target.

Once the Zellers finally closes up in the nearest mall, we're supposed to be getting one there; not sure when that's happening yet.

Isn't it avilable at Shopper's Drug Mart? http://www1.shoppers.../Skin-Care.aspx

Only at some Shopperses. Each one has discretion about which lines it carries, and I don't think one near me has it. The one time I tried it, the heaviest cream (which I need) irritated my skin. Argh.

Be careful about using Retin-A and waxing your eyebrows. I wished I had heeded that warning! I got burns from the wax which never happened before I started using the Retin-A (and then I discovered plucking was easier/faster/cheaper anyway.)

Yeah, I used Retin-A, went to get my eyebrows waxed, and the wax tore the skin off. Ouch.

So true. I made this mistake. I was left with raw skin. I found that if the aesthetician uses a "hard" wax and applies a type of oil afterwards, I can still get them waxed. I prefer a combo of very restrained waxing/plucking. Waxing gets rid of any fine hair, but the plucking provides definition.

I used Dermalogica products on my face since I was in my early 20s and I had my very first Dermalogica prescription facial, but two years ago I switched to using Boots No7 Protect & Perfect range instead as it is £20 a pot rather than £40 (Dermalogica prices).

The lack of Boots is one thing I really hate with moving out of the UK. In that regard, it really is a let down to live here. I'm making do with the pharmacy's perfume free Eucerin for dry and sensitive skin (winter time is ouch for the skin and hair up here in the cold north) but I miss Boots no 7 range.

Also, pregnancy is doing weird things with my face, in that the skin is super dry, worse than normal, and I get small, red blotches! Bleah. :ack: Last time I got perfect peachy skin and this time it's horrendous.

The Boots range is ok, nothing amazing but I was am happy enough with the texture (i.e. it feels heavy weight enough for my dry skin but not grossly thick) and prices.

Have you tried the Dermologica Barrier Relief stuff? It's the most soothing thing I have EVER put on my face. EVER. It's anhydrous so even if my face had any sore patches on it in winter a soothing coat of this stuff immediately after cleansing made it feel loved and comforted and relieved. It's not cheap (£20 for a small tube) but it's gorgeous.

Have you tried the Dermologica Barrier Relief stuff? It's the most soothing thing I have EVER put on my face. EVER. It's anhydrous so even if my face had any sore patches on it in winter a soothing coat of this stuff immediately after cleansing made it feel loved and comforted and relieved. It's not cheap (£20 for a small tube) but it's gorgeous.

Thanks for the rec. At this point I've spent so much money on stuff that didn't work that £20 on something with good odds of working looks cheap. I'll pick some up.

Today I attempted to use moisturizer with SPF 15. I think rubbing my face with sulphuric acid would have been more pleasant and burnt less. I wash with Cetaphil so assumed (MOST incorrectly) that their moisturizing products would be equally as gentle. And the best part is, why did I listen to you all? :laugh: My face doesn't see the sun during the work week. I leave before 7am and my only time outside is the stairs and the walk across the parking lot to my car and then from my car to the front door of work and back again to go home at night. I go to work in the dark and leave in the dark. Ho hum.I will seek out the Boots products next time I'm in Tarjay.

Archived