College Football 2012 VI: The Coaching Carousel and Bowl Prep

Rhom

Bridgewater has been balls deep in Florida's anus this entire half. I'm an SEC guy, but it appears that our conference has been the beneficiary of media ass licking this year.

I'm now thinking that Notre Dame actually has a chance against Alabama. It's probably just a ploy to get my hopes up, though.

Oregon does it regularly on 2 point tries.

So to cover the spread Florida just has to score 4 tds. Totally doable if they get a couple taints or so.

Taints? Taint your balls, taint your ass - those type of taints?

I'm no fan of Loserville, but I am thoroughly enjoying this ass-kicking.

The Big East, now an afterthought in college football with no original members remaining, has had a couple of crap years in the past decade. No doubt about that. But there have been plenty of years where the top dog in the Big East has been a force to be reckoned with. I'm a confirmed conspiracy theroist that ESPN wanted the Big East picked apart and once the original ACC defections took place the conference was never again given the respect that it deserved up to this point in the media. And that influenes opinions which influence the rankings. I am not surprised about this game at all.

Hmmm. That was huge for UF. That big DL should have gone for the scoop and score instead of just falling on it. 37-10 and UF probably gives up. Instead, the UF defense pulls off three big plays. Maybe a momentum shift if Driskel and his cohorts can mount any kind of offense.

I'm now thinking that Notre Dame actually has a chance against Alabama. It's probably just a ploy to get my hopes up, though.

I want to want the Kool Aid but just don't. I've been more than a bit strident about it all year, but a lot of my frustration over the SEC love came from the fact that neither LSU nor Florida nor Georgia really passed the 'eyeball' test in my book. Bama does. I didn't see enough of aTm to have a strong opinion there, but will still hope for Oklahoma Friday night.

The problem I see is that Alabama and Oregon were the class of the division IMO and ND belongs somewhere between Stanford and USC among teams I watched a lot of. Yeah, they squeaked by Stanford, but Stanford squeaked by Oregon and I don't really think the Cardinal were nearly as good as the Ducks - I think if you play that game ten times Oregon wins eight.

Not sure if serious.

I do have to repeat that I haven't watched K-State this year beyond highlights, but Klein looks like a fucking joke of a prospect. An obscenity so unconscionable that some had murdered themselves so as to no longer witness it.

By all accounts he's Tebow-lite, which at this point is pretty self explanatory in NFL terms.

That's what he seems like to me: Tebow, but w/ a more inexplicably successful college delivery.

Our guy Jeremiah Masoli throws a prettier ball w/ a quicker release.

Loved Masoli - he was the only saving grace on our dreadful 2010 team. He's on a CFL roster now but he spent this past season injured. I hope he gets a shot up there.

Archived