NFL 2012 Week 14/15 The Unfrozen Tundra

Howdyphillip

Turning over all fines and suspensions to the players is evidence that the players did not participate in any wrong doing. Otherwise, then they would have been punished for it.

Ok. If that's what you think, so be it, but that's not what Tagliabue said.

The accusations were that certain players PROVIDED bounties on top of the club bounties. That is far different from going along. With all the evidence secret and buried, any conclusions by us are really rather silly. But I would hope that all of you would agree that if Jonathan Vilma threw an extra $10K bounty on Brett Favre, that would be far beyond 'going along'.

I saw Tagliabue's decision as 'fine, the players are guilty but fighting it out is damaging the brand more important than the value of protecting players', especially with the Player's Union taking the side of the accused over the purported victims. Just as the union takes more consideration of the rights of those accused of using PEDs more seriously than the general harm the guilty do to their opponents.

Mexal says that the Redskins designed a system built around RGIII's talent (I agree 100%, btw). Maith says that if I think RGIII is a system QB then I haven't watched him play once. Maith says he's making the same argument as Mexal. Mexal clicks 'like'.

This thread is fu**ing insane.

Mexal says that the Redskins designed a system built around RGIII's talent (I agree 100%, btw). Maith says that if I think RGIII is a system QB then I haven't watched him play once. Maith says he's making the same argument as Mexal. Mexal clicks 'like'.

Huh? Being a system QB and having a system designed around you are two different things. One is suggesting you need the system to succeed, the other is saying that you're the reason the system exists in the first place.

I liked his post because I agreed with what he said. It isn't what you describe. That happened in a previous post which I did not "like."

The accusations were that certain players PROVIDED bounties on top of the club bounties. That is far different from going along. With all the evidence secret and buried, any conclusions by us are really rather silly. But I would hope that all of you would agree that if Jonathan Vilma threw an extra $10K bounty on Brett Favre, that would be far beyond 'going along'.

Honestly, even if you had a copy of a 10k check signed by Vilma "For services rendered in sending that stubble-faced jerk back into retirement.", the punishment would still be unduly hard on the players vs. management for the simple reason that it was management's responsibility to put a stop to it. No matter what actually happened or what the penalty was, I cannot get over the fact that Vilma received a longer supsension than Loomis.

So they built a system around Griffin even though he didn't need it....

Okay, this is pure Twilight Zone stuff now.

Honestly, even if you had a copy of a 10k check signed by Vilma "For services rendered in sending that stubble-faced jerk back into retirement.", the punishment would still be unduly hard on the players vs. management for the simple reason that it was management's responsibility to put a stop to it. No matter what actually happened or what the penalty was, I cannot get over the fact that Vilma received a longer supsension than Loomis.

Actually, that would be a felony. He'd be in jail.

This argument is getting tiresome, and bogged down in irrelevancies.

I will STRONGLY disagree and argue with any of these points, if you want to do so:

- Andrew Luck deserves Rookie of the Year over Robert Griffin III

- Griffin is a system quarterback

I will agree with these far less controversial points:

- Andrew Luck may win Rookie of the Year

- RG3 benefits from a system designed to utilize his strengths and talent.

Bronn, at times it seems like you are advocating the first two points, and other times it seems like you are instead holding onto the second two. It is understandably frustrating to argue when it feels like you are switching back and forth.

Do fat kids sling cowpies especially well? Would that be because of superior leverage? I am just trying to parse the simile...

And why does it have to be a fat kid? Why not a farm kid?

Your questions reveal your ignorance.

I have had some harsh words about Shanahan in the past and hiring his kid as his OC smacks of the worst kind of hubris, but I have to give them credit for adapting an offense to their QB's talents rather than trying to make Griffin fit into some pre-existing "system" that the coach tries to build his personal brand with.

What about Bill Polian hiring his kid as the GM of the Colts?

The system is always a part of the success - and failure. One of the things that I think puts Shannahan above most coaches is that he adapts his offense to suit his players, rather than the other way around. It's the same system, but modified to suit each QB's strengths - Elway, Plummer, Griese, Cutler, and Griffin all operated off of the same foundation, but had completely different offenses (though Elway & Cutler's were almost identical).

It sounds really simple, but hardly anyone ever does it; so many coaches are completely fixated on proving their own genius and insist on making the players bend to their system. See: Martz, Mike and McDaniel, Josh.

I disagree with that last name. Mccy-D may have gone insane and started gutting the team for no logical reason, but KYLE ORTON succeeded in his system. Actually, Orton didn't just succeed, he excelled. I truly believe that McDaniels will be a decent Head Coach in the future when he doesn't treat the roster like he's playing Madden.

Huh? It's a stupid idea and no one here is for it, not that I've read yet. Hell, I haven't seen any article for it yet. Have you?

I'm really confused what your point is.

I posted the article yesterday, on page 13 or 14... :(

I thought the number one rule was that there's a pr0n version of whatever it is you're looking at.

I thought the number one rule was that civility is left at the home-page.

And I do not envy what Luck is going to face Sunday. A Houston team that got their ass kicked going up against a team with the worst defense in the league and a shaky QB that likes to pass a lot? JJ Watt is going to get eleventy sacks.

You're not right, but you're not quite wrong.

Worst defense in the league? Don't get me wrong, they suck, but there's times when my Colts look almost professional out there. That said, I think that Luck and Wayne bring it back and carve through this secondary like cake. I will by no means say that the Colts have anything close to a high-probability of winning in this one, but it's so much more likely than just a few weeks ago. You only see revenge-performances from teams that got a beatdown when they're actually good teams. I don't believe the Texans are a good team. It's possible that Indy gets fucked up, but I think this game will be very close. And if it is close, I pick the Colts. Remember, the Jags were a full-Henne game away from beating the Texans a few weeks ago.

Huh? Being a system QB and having a system designed around you are two different things. One is suggesting you need the system to succeed, the other is saying that you're the reason the system exists in the first place.

I liked his post because I agreed with what he said. It isn't what you describe. That happened in a previous post which I did not "like."

MOMMY, DADDY! STOP IT, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! YOU'RE TEARING THE FAMILY APART! <sniffle, puppy dog eyes>

MOMMY, DADDY! STOP IT, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! YOU'RE TEARING THE FAMILY APART! <sniffle, puppy dog eyes>

You think Bronn and Mex are the parents of the NFL thread? Huh. I probably would have chosen Jaime and Trisky.

You think Bronn and Mex are the parents of the NFL thread? Huh. I probably would have chosen Jaime and Trisky.

Well at least BS and Mexal are there for me every day. I haven't seen those worthless Redskins and Packers (respectively) fans in ages!

Well at least BS and Mexal are there for me every day. I haven't seen those worthless Redskins and Packers (respectively) fans in ages!

The representation of various teams is secondary. I chose them because they seem like the elder statesmen in the NFL discussions. Everyone else gets drawn into sniping arguments about the merits of various teams and players.

The representation of various teams is secondary. I chose them because they seem like the elder statesmen in the NFL discussions. Everyone else gets drawn into sniping arguments about the merits of various teams and players.

<I'm just having fun, here ;)>

You could never understand me, because you're a dirty, old, RGIII lover!

I haven't seen Jaime L or Trisky get drawn into sniping arguments either. The fact is the commentary by all of the people mentioned, including DVD ROTS and Bones is amazing. I've learned more about football just reading this thread than I did my entire life, despite being around it daily.

The level of commentary is so high that it caused me to get into a screaming match with someone. During the Saints game, there was a post on this thread that Brees was becoming a TO machine. I turned to the person with whom I was watching the game and asked if this was true. He said, "No, that's bullshit. This year, we haven't had a running game. That's all. You should post that." At which point, I yelled, "Before I post a goddamn thing, you better look up the stats from the first season Brees played for the Saints and every subsequent year he played for us, and compare it to this year. These guys know their shit, moron." Of course, he was wrong, and the person posting was correct.

The level of commentary is so high that it caused me to get into a screaming match with someone. During the Saints game, there was a post on this thread that Brees was becoming a TO machine. I turned to the person with whom I was watching the game and asked if this was true. He said, "No, that's bullshit. This year, we haven't had a running game. That's all. You should post that." At which point, I yelled, "Before I post a goddamn thing, you better look up the stats from the first season Brees played for the Saints and every subsequent year he played for us, and compare it to this year. These guys know their shit, moron." Of course, he was wrong, and the person posting was correct.

Join us! It's BLISS...

And yes, Brees is having a very rough year. The team is struggling, and he is forcing things. Once they have things settled down next year and the defense starts playing at something like a professional level, then he'll probably bounce back to form. Just have to hope he's not the next Phillip Rivers...

Archived