NFL 2012 Week 14/15 The Unfrozen Tundra

Howdyphillip

That was pretty big of Jeremy Brown's family. I read that they requested he sit next to them. I wish I could be that forgiving.

It is not so surprising considering that the two were best friends, and that Brent lobbied the Cowboys in to giving Brown a shot. Brown was also living with Brent at the time.

I know that drunk driving is very serious, and Brent is on his second DWI. I still hope that Brent can serve his time in rehabilitation and get his life back on track. Even if football isn't a part of his future.

I think you need to make a compilation.

Get enough of these going and you have a goldmine of avatars for lost football bets.

A tasteful compilation of photos of two time Superbowl MVP Eli Manning.

Ed note: Authenticity of 100% of the above photos cannot be confirmed at this time.

Two points.

1) I don't know how this happened, but I consistently find the level of discussion on the NFL here more entertaining and at least as informed as on any sports related forum. Just awesome.

2) Not enough 49ers discussion. Please improve on that.

That is all.

heh. It does look like that, doesn't it?

Sorry, mexal.

Yeah, sorry if I left the impression it was only kal. It was meant to sort of .... poke harmless fun at both participants.

I just want us to get past this and have us all return to doing what we all do best together:

Hating Mark Sanchez.

Two points.

1) I don't know how this happened, but I consistently find the level of discussion on the NFL here more entertaining and at least as informed as on any sports related forum. Just awesome.

2) Not enough 49ers discussion. Please improve on that.

That is all.

Been like this for a long time. We might not always agree and we can get heated but the level of discourse, especially when it comes to football knowledge, is generally top notch here. Just ignore everything that Sivin says.

Not enough 49ers discussion. Please improve on that.

Well, how do you feel about their remaining games (@ New England, @ Seattle, Arizona)? Will they get a first round bye? Will next weeks game decide who wins the division or will that wait until week 17 (or will it be decided as early as this weekend)?

I just don't understand why they gave him more money in the offseason. They knew what he was and tried to acquire Manning to replace him, then give him money? That makes no sense

I think it came down to 'they could afford it' and 'they knew they were stuck with him and thought it best to bolster his fragile psyche'.

I just don't understand why they gave him more money in the offseason. They knew what he was and tried to acquire Manning to replace him, then give him money? That makes no sense

It was even dumber than the midseason contract extension that the Redskins gave Donovan McNabb, three weeks before benching him. That one at least had the out clause of "if you cut him before next season, it doesn't cost you any actual money". Apparently the Jets are unfamiliar with escape hatches.

Actually, local media seems to be siding with Jones. I was pissed when I heard this, figuring it to be more Jerry meddling. But on the radio today they were saying Ratliff overreacted big time. And ESPN-Dallas' Jean-Jacques Taylor went even further, calling it a chump move and that it makes it easier to get rid of a quicky declining player. http://espn.go.com/d...eclining-skills

For this year, they do need him back because his replacement was Josh Brent. Brent was playing fairly well replacing the constantly injured Ratliff and people were already talking about getting rid of Ratliff's large contract next year.

Interesting, thanks (you too Phillip) for your views on the Jones/Ratliff thing. I didn't know Ratliff was on the decline -- not being well versed on Cowboys news, I thought he was still a quality defensive player. And as much as I'd love to rip on Jerry Jones, if all he said was "we need you" to Ratliff... well, sounds like Ratliff did overreact. There are many things to criticize about Jerry Jones, but I've never heard of him being a dick to his own players, so I wanted to hear from Cowboy fans what they thought.

I have bridged a gap here. Our collective hatred of Mark Sanchez, the Jets, the Panthers etc... its practically the Dayton Peace Accords in here...

But always remember that the owners know that many (not all) of these contracts have non-guaranteed money so they always retain the right to cut somebody and free themselves of the obligation at little or no cost.

I have bridged a gap here. Our collective hatred of Mark Sanchez, the Jets, the Panthers etc... its practically the Dayton Peace Accords in here...

But always remember that the owners know that many (not all) of these contracts have non-guaranteed money so they always retain the right to cut somebody and free themselves of the obligation at little or no cost.

The Sanchize one is almost all guaranteed though because, shockingly I know, Mike Tannebaum is an idiot.

And this peace accord only covers the Sanchize and possibly the Panthers; I love the Jets as a concept. I just hate the owner, the GM, the OC, and half the players on the team.

Interesting, thanks (you too Phillip) for your views on the Jones/Ratliff thing. I didn't know Ratliff was on the decline -- not being well versed on Cowboys news, I thought he was still a quality defensive player. And as much as I'd love to rip on Jerry Jones, if all he said was "we need you" to Ratliff... well, sounds like Ratliff did overreact. There are many things to criticize about Jerry Jones, but I've never heard of him being a dick to his own players, so I wanted to hear from Cowboy fans what they thought.

Ratliff was clearly out of line, and the article was right that he's declining - there's no question about either. That said, though, the question of playing through injuries is always a touchy subject among players. It's a very fine line separating "We need you in the game", and "We want you to risk your health and your career for us.".

I just want to be clear - I'm not defending Ratliff. Jones was well within his limits, and I don't fault him in the slightest. Ratliff was clearly out of control, and the team should cut him once he's healthy (I think you can't cut a player if he's inactive due to injury). I'm just saying I can understand why it might have touched a nerve with him.

Ratliff was clearly out of line, and the article was right that he's declining - there's no question about either. That said, though, the question of playing through injuries is always a touchy subject among players. It's a very fine line separating "We need you in the game", and "We want you to risk your health and your career for us.".

I just want to be clear - I'm not defending Ratliff. Jones was well within his limits, and I don't fault him in the slightest. Ratliff was clearly out of control, and the team should cut him once he's healthy (I think you can't cut a player if he's inactive due to injury). I'm just saying I can understand why it might have touched a nerve with him.

When Ratliff is talked about being on the decline, what is meant is that he has been losing games to injury. When he is healthy, and on the field, he is still at least a top 10 NG in the game. The problem has been that he is rarely on the field. It is turning into a Bob Sanders kind of thing.

Archived