Football v 35.0

baxus

Well, he trained with the team today, so I assume it relies now on how much Liverpool's willing to eat of his current deal. No signs of a Carroll recall either, not that I expected one.

It seems Chamakh may be joining West Ham on loan, it's said to be completed in the next couple of days. I'm fairly meh about this, I do wonder why he's not even close to the subs bench. It's equally frustrating that we can't seem to sell out players, Chamakh now makes it 3 players ( Bendtner, Park) who ideally we would or should have sold by now. On that note, Djourou also looks to be on his way out to Hannover.

As an aside, I found this ( http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8803609/sepp-blatter-criticizes-mls) to be a fairly balanced article about the MLS and what Blatter said a few days/weeks ago.

it's official - sturridge signed for liverpool (i don't know the fee, i guess it's between 10 and 15 million pounds), joe cole signed for west ham (free transfer)

liverpool seem to have been more eager to get rid of expenses for cole's wages than on making any money from his transfer. i can't even guess how much that transfer would be worth...

The more the better. City still get a cut of the transfer fee (on top of the £10 million Chelsea were originally forced to pay us) which could be vital in adding to our transfer kitty for the summer.

Ironically, I think this means we've made more off Sturridge over time than Chelsea just did.

ETA: FAO Baxus - John Guidetti who I mentioned to you before is starting to get mentioned a bit more in the press.

Others at City have tired of the sideshow and will admit the experiment has not worked out – Mancini has often been a lone voice among the coaching staff – and that it is probably a good time to sever ties, particularly now John Guidetti is coming to the end of his injury problems. Guidetti, a 20-year-old Swede, scored 20 goals and set up eight more during 23 games on loan at Feyenoord last season. Ronald Koeman, the Dutch club's manager and someone who knows a thing or two about good footballers, was impressed enough to predict Guidetti could be as good one day as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, a player he managed at Ajax.

That second article elucidates a bit more on his illness which is why we haven't seen him so far:

the striker was fighting for his football future off the field after a bout of food poisoning spiralled to the point where his central nervous system was greatly affected and he had paralysis in his right leg.

I know that no one else apart from me cares by the way, so feel free to tell me to be quiet about the City/City youth team! Just a good player to keep an eye on for the future.

The more the better. City still get a cut of the transfer fee (on top of the £10 million Chelsea were originally forced to pay us) which could be vital in adding to our transfer kitty for the summer.

Manchester City have a transfer budget??????

ETA: FAO Baxus - John Guidetti who I mentioned to you before is starting to get mentioned a bit more in the press.

That second article elucidates a bit more on his illness which is why we haven't seen him so far:

Guidetti had a great run at Feyenoord, not just succesfull in goals and assists, but he became an instant crowd-favourite. Feyenoord were eager to keep him, but had no say (and obviously not enough means to buy him). It's a real shame he had that singular virus infection. He'll be thrown back a lot in his development. From the moment he left Feyenoord, he didn't seem like he would be strong or good enough to start for City right away. I'd assume he'd need some PL experience by being on loan to some other side. I'm sure one could be found. He could also be loaned back to Feyenoord or even Twente next year, but the Dutch Eredivisie is a noticable step down from the PL. He would be likely to play every week, though, and he'd definitely be well received. Main thing is to get playtime.

Whether he'll be as good as Zlatan is hard to say, but he did show a natural instinct for scoring goals, and usually a cool head too. He also lost it a few times, Balotelli-style (not really, Balotelli is a singular nutcase).

I've been reading up on Balotelli and Mancini. It seems even Mancini has had enough. Balotelli's particular branch of madness must wear on all managers unlucky enough to have to deal with him for a longer period of time. The man is just not stable. No kidding he's throwing his career out of the window.

Sneijder offered to QPR!!, I bet he stays now.

Never in a million years will he sign for QPR. His manager is on record as of today saying he will only sign for a top team.

Sneijder is still a great player, and only 28. He's got some good years left... If only he can find a club.

Archived