TTTNE 377: January In Winterfell

DreamSongs

Julifay, I won three official Game of Thrones shirts in an HBO prize contest and the quality is very good. They're not like your choice though, they're tight. I don't wear them (too precious!), but I gave my mum the Stark one, she wore it constantly, and I haven't seen any damage to the picture or the fabric.

hello spammers!

so our furnace died around 11pm last night, we were worried the twins would turn into popsicles before first light but it turns out that we bundled them up into toasty goodness and then Mrs Elg and I shivered thru . . . .

oh well what is life without a bit of adventure!

That happened to me twice in the dead of winter. Once it was the thermostat, once the motor.

Right now I have discovered I have a leak in my basement. The water comes in behind the furnace, as far as I can tell. Every day I go and put towels down to soak up water, The idea of trying to pull up the concrete and repair the wall in winter is pretty useless, but the water is going to rust out the bottom of my brand new (couple of years old) furnace. I am rather concerned.

hello spammers!

so our furnace died around 11pm last night, we were worried the twins would turn into popsicles before first light but it turns out that we bundled them up into toasty goodness and then Mrs Elg and I shivered thru . . . .

oh well what is life without a bit of adventure!

Oh Elg! What a time for the furnace to go out! It was in the 30's last night and freezing! Our house was built in the late 1920's so the furnace is ancient and despite the expensive upgrade to energy efficient windows, it's still drafty. Take heart, we have a working furnace and were still shivering! Good thing you bundled those darlings up :)

Hope the rest of you are well this morning/evening?

I will be joining you in some coffee shortly. I am not in any hurry to get out of my warm bed.

Julifay, I won three official Game of Thrones shirts in an HBO prize contest and the quality is very good. They're not like your choice though, they're tight. I don't wear them (too precious!), but I gave my mum the Stark one, she wore it constantly, and I haven't seen any damage to the picture or the fabric.

Really? The shirts are not really thin fabric? I bought 2 before the show started one for me and one for the husband and both were see though when we put them on. Plus they were pretty tight, sized a bit small.

Last year the husband bought me the Martell shirt. I was hopeful for improved fabric, but nope, still so thin you can see my skin uder them and still a bit tight.

The one he got me this year says "hbo" on it, but came from a retail store and is much better quality fabric and sizing.

Really? The shirts are not really thin fabric? I bought 2 before the show started one for me and one for the husband and both were see though when we put them on. Plus they were pretty tight, sized a bit small.

Last year the husband bought me the Martell shirt. I was hopeful for improved fabric, but nope, still so thin you can see my skin uder them and still a bit tight.

The one he got me this year says "hbo" on it, but came from a retail store and is much better quality fabric and sizing.

I tried ordering Lannister ones once :shakes fist at HBO licensing drama: over the phone and the girl who took my order warned me about the sizes being "vintage fit" (which normally means they are tighter to the body than the usual T-Shirt)

Anyone seen Hitchcock? I surprisingly liked it, nice performance by Anthony Hopkins.

I am tempted but I need to see Les Mis and Django Unchained first. I'm glad Hopkins is back to doing big character driven pieces. He seems to do a hell of a lot of B movies and horror films, which he's frankly wasted on.

True. The House of the Cringeworthy suits better.

My internal organs seize up when Dany's on screen. That Scene practically killed me. I find myself wondering if it's just badly written, Emilia Clarke can't bring the character across, or for whatever reason they want Dany to come across as petulant. If aDwD killed my ability to like Dany, HBO have minced it up and made it into pasties.

And now I want a pasty.

I tried ordering Lannister ones once :shakes fist at HBO licensing drama: over the phone and the girl who took my order warned me about the sizes being "vintage fit" (which normally means they are tighter to the body than the usual T-Shirt)

I'll just try and order it. I was going to order a man's shirt anyway because they're more comfy, so it's okay if it's tighter.

To buy or not to buy?

I'm not a fan of ordering clothing on Amazon, because you never know how good the quality really is, so please share your good or bad experiences. :P

They missed a trick by not having the Kracken get a bit gropey.

Would a mens shirt not be a bit snug in... some places, and baggy around the waist?

How big is the screen on that thing?

I could just Google it, but...too lazy. :P

I think the screen on the controller is 7". I attempted to get a TV to actually play it on, but that didnt work. I had to do all the inital setup and updates on my roommate's TV.

And just fyi, I wasn't up until 2am playing the thing. I was up until 2am updating the thing. Can't wait to actually play it when I get home from work today.

July, the mens T's are much better quality from what I've seen, so that is a good idea.

The women's were terrible.

BlackBear, I completely agree. HBO are making Dany very unlikeable.

Good luck on your interview! Working at a bank can be fun, I did it for a while :) But I really hope you get to go to China, that would be such a nice opportunity!

Ok, well, I'm off then, I get to have a facial/microdermabrasion tomorrow morning! Yay for massive exfoliation!

Enjoy your exfoliation experience! And thank you! I'm hoping for the latter but the former would be fine in the meantime.

Oh I was almost a little upset. Jojen and meera aren't in the second seasm, but I just looked and they're going to be in th third season, so much is right in the game of thrones realm :)

I feel so behind just no watching season two.

It's ok; there's still plenty of time until Season 3 starts. I wish Vargo Hoat was in one of these seasons :(

I just finished reading The Tales of Dunk & Egg. It was wonderful. :wub:

Very nice! I had to read through the trilogy twice because I liked them so much :lol:

I think the screen on the controller is 7". I attempted to get a TV to actually play it on, but that didnt work. I had to do all the inital setup and updates on my roommate's TV.

And just fyi, I wasn't up until 2am playing the thing. I was up until 2am updating the thing. Can't wait to actually play it when I get home from work today.

It's gotten some pretty good review, but the screen is kinda small for me...

I'll just stick to PC till the next gen stuff starts coming out.

I want a Greyjoy shirt! :D

It looks great...but I don't know, I've never bought clothes from Amazon before.

I bought a bandshirt once, which is awesome and I wear it quite often, but I guess that's not always the case when you order via Marketplace.

I can tell you whether it's worth it when I get it. ;)

Half a page of the stupid presentation written ... :stillsick:

FB, I hope you manage to fix your leak as soon as you can! :grouphug:

Gillio, I like your kitten avatar.

Bear, what? Women wear men's T-shirts all the time, have you not noticed? They are just baggy all around.

I bought a bandshirt once, which is awesome and I wear it quite often, but I guess that's not always the case when you order via Marketplace.

I can tell you whether it's worth it when I get it. ;)

Cool. :)

I should totally see if there are any Burning Heart shirts. :P

Archived