TTTNE 377: January In Winterfell

DreamSongs

What an exciting Spamsmoot! Congratulations again to our SpamKings, His Grace Zar Lannister and His Grace Ice Crow.

So the holidays are over and everyone has settled back into the normal day to day routine over the past week. In the North, its time to settle in by the fire and dream of the bountiful harvests we can create over the year. Time to go through the catalogues and surf the internet looking for heirloom varieties and heat-resistant greens. Snow covers the land and we are tucked in safe in our cozy castles. To make things even nicer, we got a new sample chapter.

Its a little easier further South...it hasn't been as cold this year and it will be time to start setting out seedlings in less than 6 weeks. The lizard lions are out on warmer, sunny days and the Evil Dire-Squirrel Nation has lived fat in the forest, waiting for new bounty.

So let's all cozy up around the fire here in the North and dream a little....

A little housekeeping:

Some mod warnings:

http://asoiaf.wester...d/#entry3854392

http://asoiaf.wester...80#entry3879690

Please remember to combine things in one post and to not run the thread too fast. There is a chat option up above in-between Wiki and Mush. Alot of us have been using that and we have a great time! :)

:grouphug: To all. I am off to bed and will see you tonight, workload and government proxy servers allowing. Everyone have a great day!

Congratulations Bex!

As someone who severely dislikes winter, I imagine that January in Winterfell would be awful. Then again, in their world, the month doesn't necessarily correlate with the season so :dunno:

Thank goodness! Everyone I speak to keeps telling me about how great winter is and how wonderful it is when it's cold and horrible! I'm spending winter in the Reach...or Florida... that'd work too! :P

Congratulations Bex!

Thank goodness! Everyone I speak to keeps telling me about how great winter is and how wonderful it is when it's cold and horrible! I'm spending winter in the Reach...or Florida... that'd work too! :P

I also hate winter and the cold. We only have a "little" winter here (most years)

Congrats for winning the race Bex! :cheers:

I've never seen Cougar Town. Should I?

You should. One of the best sitcoms on the air right now.

I'll finish the other five pages tonight, or tomorrow afternoon. I want to play Far Cry 3 now.

You're still playing it? :o

I got bored of it like...a week ago. Now I can spend more time on Amnesia.

You're still playing it? :o

I got bored of it like...a week ago. Now I can spend more time on Amnesia.

Yeah, and I still love every second. I only play about 2 hours a day so it doesn't get bored.

Oh I see what you did there ConfusedBlackBear.. nice edting.

Wendy what a great opening post. Despite Lannisters are known to visit Winterfell to push children down to give presents to broken things, I guess it would be a great destination for Winter Sports. Your Royal Spamness ICE CROW spent many years in the wall and should find the Stark's lands weather as amenable as Spring.

I for once, should keep my eyes into the West Indies, in the everlasting Summer turned mild in January. After the Holidays in King's Landing I feel welcomed by Lannisport's proximity to the ocean and the Atlantic Breeze.

Archived