TTTNE 377: January In Winterfell

DreamSongs

Had a meeting at Alex's school. He does not need any special ed services, just a teacher to remind him more than others to stay on task. All scores and testing were in the "average" range except those that indicated creativity, which were "above average" and "superior" :lol:

The school psychologist thinks Alex has an "old soul" based on his behavior and some of the things he says, like insisting on opening the doors for her "because she is a lady". I have tried to get him to not do things like that or say or think women should be treated differently and that women can do anything men can do. I have no idea where he got some of his sexist views. (they all thought it was "cute" and "nice"...what kind of women are they? :P )

For those that don't know, Alex has ADHD, a pretty good case of it, and we recently tried not giving him medication as it was making him overly emotional, to the point of crying at school. It's a tough balancing act for all of us.

Nope crown.

580? Juli?

Sorry this really is spam... maybe a mod can delete later?

Juli is 581.

Oh what the actual ...???? :shocked: :wacko: :eek: :wideeyed: Post 580 is missing.

I see Zar, last post on the page, quoting Wench.

Then on the next page, I see Juli, post 581, thanking Zar.

The school psychologist thinks Alex has an "old soul" based on his behavior and some of the things he says, like insisting on opening the doors for her "because she is a lady". I have tried to get him to not do things like that or say or think women should be treated differently and that women can do anything men can do. I have no idea where he got some of his sexist views. (they all thought it was "cute" and "nice"...what kind of women are they? :P )

That's sexist? I was brought up to do those things, because I'm meant to be a gentleman, not because I don't think women can open doors, there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

That's sexist? I was brought up to do those things, because I'm meant to be a gentleman, not because I don't think women can open doors, there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

It is indeed sexist to do it because 'she is a lady'. I open doors for people too, because that is a nice thing to do, but it should have nothing to do with who is male or female.

Juli is 581.

Oh what the actual ...???? :shocked: :wacko: :eek: :wideeyed: Post 580 is missing.

I see Zar, last post on the page, quoting Wench.

Then on the next page, I see Juli, post 581, thanking Zar.

Glad you figured it out, kinda. Poor post 580...

If the reason you are doing it is because "they are ladies" then yes, it is sexist. If you are doing it because you got to the door first and you are being polite, then it is not sexist. It is all in the motivations. It's not just that with my son, he has ideas about what girls and boys should and should not do, based on sex, but I think I have given him a great example in myself of how those are just not true.

edit: TC beat me too it :)

I remember the first time I had to open a door myself and there was no man to do it for me. I stood there for hours, trying to figure it out. I knew the secret lay in somehow manipulating the round shiny metal thing protruding from it. However, touching it with my index finger, waving my hand over it and muttering, and slapping it repeatly produced no result. Eventually I just gave it up and went somewhere with an automatic door.

Of course that was many years ago. I am an older and wiser girl now, and have since figured out the secret is to turn the knob. I am proud to say I have opened many a door on my own since then.

Our beloved Queen of Tantrums, Jaime's Wench, won't be around for two days. :lol:

Wait what? Was this this voluntary or imposed exile?

Is by any chance post 580 on the domain of A Free Shadow? Ask the Keeper of The Unknown

Wait what? Was this this voluntary or imposed exile?

Is by any chance post 580 on the domain of A Free Shadow? Ask the Keeper of The Unknown

No, apparently it is supposed to be from Julifay. No idea what happened there.

I agree. I have three sons in their mid-to-late twenties, and "gentlemanly" behaviour was one of those things that we tried to instill in them. So now, if they make a dash to open a door for a woman, that is sexist and offensive behaviour?

What a confusing world we live in.

Archived