TTTNE 371 - Now Chocolate-Coated!

felice

:) :grouphug: but i would be lying if i said it was just us everyone helps to try and keep this thread from going under, so i have to mention how much T-Mow, Eyron, FacelessGirl, Pebs and you have done as well. Love you guys :) :grouphug:. We rise as a thread and we fall as thread, what one of us does affects everyone.

Lets not foreget Ang and X-Ray our very own tttners turned mods :love:

Guys you know how the Holiday season is supposed to be about joy and sharing and good time, and for those who believe, also hope?

I kind of liked this was the vibe of TTTNE. I mean, a lot of us chop our heads off in mafia and plot and accuse each other within a game, but when the game is over we come back here and have a good time, worry about the richness of Bacon and really just vent out and get a moral support group. It's like a family even if Quoth steals all the chocolate.

I've learned so many things from the folks around here: medieval stuff, differences in culture, food (which is important to any George R.R. Martin fan), and the best part is that you can come back after the weekend and reply to a Friday post in the most casual way and no one will wonder why you took 3 days to do it.

People come and go after long periods of time (Lightning Lord went AWOL for a while, but he's back around), and you always greet them like the Prodigal Child.

We love having new people here too, and we love having old people here. This is a mingle pot, a little hidden corner in the bottom of the Forum for those who don't want to enter a lengthy book debate or argue about Obama's new policies, or have a lengthy discussion on other topics of interest (since there are other dedicated parts of the board for that).

As a first fl00ber (this is a term I've coined recently, feel free to use fellow first fl00bers) I've been around for about 15 months now. What would we be... the Andals? I think the second fl00bers should be the Rhoynish. :-P

So CoTF, First Men, Mods and Evil Mafia Mods (like me), Casual Posters, Spam Reviewers, avid book readers or cronic avatar changers, we all come here and enjoy each others day to day. Don't let that shatter. We found it when we came, let's try to keep it live and kicking for all those posters who have yet to come!

We really need a fucking Clapping emoticon :lol: this last page and a half is worthy of a standing ovation so CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CALP

(RAISES LIGHTER TO THE SKY AND STARTS SWAYING SIDE TO SIDE)

Yeah, but the old TTTNE'ers are sensitive and can't appreciate sassy-ness.

Call it where it belongs Crown.

Even Edmure would no be that chicken-shit

'snip'

I'll just shut up.

Have fun y'all

Yeah, but the old TTTNE'ers are sensitive and can't appreciate sassy-ness.

Call it where it belongs Crown.

Even Edmure would be that chicken-shit:

You officially are old Walder Frey

You officially are old Walder Frey

I like the TTTNE because it was a warm and safe place to be when I was newbie, along with the old Sandor threads. I'd hate for it to go the same route, it really is like one big, extended family here and I want it to stay.

Girl, the stories I could tell you about critters in our area :lol: I've been chased by a moose (it was just walking after me if you want to be technical :lol: ), caught a 22in rainbow trout barehanded in a fishing derby, had a baby deer I used to feed before a pack of coyotes killed it :( , bears and cougars sighted right outside our school so we weren't allowed recess, all sorts of stuff :lol:

Portland is wonderful! We might move there, my uncle still lives there so it'd be nice to visit. I love the rain so that's not a problem :D

We do seem to have a lot in common :) we should chat more :D

Yay for chatting! I'm going to try and stop by the chat on the board every night just to say hi. So I don't get tempted to blow up TTTNE with my ramblings. I also need to join Spamcentral. I keep saying this and then forget to do it. But one day, it will be done!

I'm sure about the time I check into chat you will have your hands full of little ones and preparing themed dinners (SO jealous of that talent BTW!), but hopefully we will get to chat!

<snip>

So CoTF, First Men, Mods and Evil Mafia Mods (like me), Casual Posters, Spam Reviewers, avid book readers or cronic avatar changers, we all come here and enjoy each others day to day. Don't let that shatter. We found it when we came, let's try to keep it live and kicking for all those posters who have yet to come!

I have no clue how long I've been participating in this thread - pretty sure only a few months? But that's the super cool thing about this neck of the woods - you forget because it feels like a second home. Everyone was so welcoming and nice when I first wandered in here (I think it was Eira that caught me lurking and talked me into coming in and staying for a while) and that's hard to find these days. So thank you everyone for putting up with me and my endless chatter about my son, it really is a treat to come and poke my head in and feel like I'm not a stranger!

:) :grouphug: but i would be lying if i said it was just us everyone helps to try and keep this thread from going under, so i have to mention how much T-Mow, Eyron, FacelessGirl, Pebs and you have done as well. Love you guys :) :grouphug:. We rise as a thread and we fall as thread, what one of us does affects everyone.

Guys you know how the Holiday season is supposed to be about joy and sharing and good time, and for those who believe, also hope?

I kind of liked this was the vibe of TTTNE. I mean, a lot of us chop our heads off in mafia and plot and accuse each other within a game, but when the game is over we come back here and have a good time, worry about the richness of Bacon and really just vent out and get a moral support group. It's like a family even if Quoth steals all the chocolate.

I've learned so many things from the folks around here: medieval stuff, differences in culture, food (which is important to any George R.R. Martin fan), and the best part is that you can come back after the weekend and reply to a Friday post in the most casual way and no one will wonder why you took 3 days to do it.

People come and go after long periods of time (Lightning Lord went AWOL for a while, but he's back around), and you always greet them like the Prodigal Child.

We love having new people here too, and we love having old people here. This is a mingle pot, a little hidden corner in the bottom of the Forum for those who don't want to enter a lengthy book debate or argue about Obama's new policies, or have a lengthy discussion on other topics of interest (since there are other dedicated parts of the board for that).

As a first fl00ber (this is a term I've coined recently, feel free to use fellow first fl00bers) I've been around for about 15 months now. What would we be... the Andals? I think the second fl00bers should be the Rhoynish. :-P

Hear, hear! :cheers:

Hear, hear! :cheers:

Damn brother i knew i forgot someone in my post mentioning the hard work people have put in to keep this place going sorry brother :cheers: you definitely are on the list :cheers:

[MOD]

It is one thing to ignore polite requests to refrain from spamming this thread.

It is another thing altogether to make snide posts bitching about that rule. There are a number of posts on this issue upthread that make a lot of sense. There are some that seem to be disinterested in respecting the board rules. For the sake of those that enjoy TTTNE and are capable of respecting the rules, play nice.

Thank you.

[/MOD]

Damn brother i knew i forgot someone in my post mentioning the hard work people have put in to keep this place going sorry brother :cheers: you definitely are on the list :cheers:

No worries, I wouldn't say I've done any hard work really :P I just come in and spam it up. I know you and the others (Colder Hands especially from what I've heard from LMGs archived posts and such, as well as all the veterans) have had to work to keep this thread going at times and I for one appreciate it :)

Well i don't know about anyone else but i think the point has been made pretty clear here now :), T-Mow Margaritas for everyone :cheers: and lets some sexy music going.

Ok i need a better music someone else choose some sexy music :lol: my knowledge of salsa is seriously lacking these days HAR HAR HAR.

I love TTTNE - all the recipes, stories of kids and families, and just good old friendly positive reinforcement. Hell, if I can refrain from being an asshole in this thread and respect the rules, surely anyone can. :-)

I mostly went AWOL because of spending years with no internet in the home. It was a dark time...

Your sentiment (and others) is how I feel. TTTNE is kind of chat-like. But it also has permanence. And a togetherness. I can log on after four days and find out what's been happening with people, kind of chronicle people's lives in bursts. But we put a lot of our lives into these threads. Last month, I had a lot of stuff going on and I came here to post it. Because I knew that even though I am not around every day, people here support me and will check in on me...even if they barely know me.

The mods have their rules and we can/must/should follow them. And maybe we could invite them into our grouphugs more often? That Stubby fellow looks like he needs a hug...

Margaritas for some :cheers:

Tattooed Sailors for me :cheers: :leer:

I cannot possibly play DJ tonight, guys. I've been pulling songs for that 'song in my head' thread all night! I will figure out that song if it kills me. Oh, yes, I will... It is my destiny.

Margaritas for some :cheers:

Tattooed Sailors for me :cheers: :leer:

I cannot possibly play DJ tonight, guys. I've been pulling songs for that 'song in my head' thread all night! I will figure out that song if it kills me. Oh, yes, I will... It is my destiny.

We need to develop a House Lannister signature drink. I found this Sangria to be too laborious, so maybe I'll just drink a Goldschlaeger while I invent a signature drink.

Archived