Theories you simply don't believe

mitch176

no, you are right. i thought the question was about Roose. i always get them mixed up. maybe if i start referring to Ramsay as 'bastard' it would help.

this is actually a really good point. even a joint effort might have come out sounding the way that letter does. i think the 'voice' in that letter is coming from a writer for whom the matter is INTENSELY personal. so whoever wrote it (joint effort or not), it is someone(s) with a deep dislike for Jon -- and a deep desire to escalate. it's like a creepy stalker letter, where the writer has decided that since they can't be friends, they'll settle for the next closest thing: enemies. and they're really hoping for a response to further establish that intimacy.

it could just be Ramsay's words, or dictated, but if there's another person actually contributing, do we know any maesters or lords like that?

Or someone who wants to use Jon for their own power play (I'm looking at the Glovers and the Mormonts in particular) and just needed to get him away from Castle Black cause he's useless to them there.

OK lets go thru the motions.

Checkley Checklist

1. Superficial charm and good "intelligence"

2. Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking

3. Absence of "nervousness" or psychoneurotic manifestations

4. Unreliability

5. Untruthfulness and insincerity

6. Lack of remorse and shame

7. Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior

8. Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience

9. Pathologic egocentricity and incapacity for love

10. General poverty in major affective reactions

11. Specific loss of insight

12. Unresponsiveness in general interpersonal relations

13. Fantastic and uninviting behavior with drink and sometimes without

14. Suicide threats rarely carried out

15. Sex life impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated

16. Failure to follow any life plan.

I am pretty sure Joff fits 1-13.

Oh, he's an abusive psychopath, or a "little shit" He was still hoping for paternal approval so maybe not a total lost cause yet but on the way.

I don't believe that Arya & Gendry will get together, they may not ever even meet again.

I don't believe that Sansa will kill Littlefinger.

I don't believe that anyone other than a Bolton wrote Ramsay's letter. I could see it being Roose but I'd have a hard time imagining it's Stannis or Mance or someone.

I don't believe that Arya is 'too far gone,' she's no more of a killing machine than Bronn or Sandor (was). She'll come back and try to raise House Stark from the ashes and then (fankwanking at this point) become the Master of Whisperers after Varys inevitably is killed.

I know most people don't believe that Jaime and Cersei could be secret Targs, but when I did my first re-read of of AFFC there are so many little things that could be interpreted that the twins are really Aerys children. I would never like to 100% say they are Aerys' kids, but for me the possibility can't be discounted.

Archived