Invitation to the Set Video

Westeros

Remember when Margaery and Loras glanced up at Sansa in "Valar Morghulis"? Marg's expression was apologetic, but Loras looked annoyed. I couldn't quite figure out at first why he would feel anything negative towards the Stark girl; I had just assumed that he was still upset from the charade with Joffrey. As soon as the "Season 3 In Production" featurette was released,

and I noticed that the Knight of Flowers wasn't wearing the KG armour, it dawned on me that his sulky exp

ression in that episode was due to him knowing that he would have to marry Sansa.

Nice catch! That camera shot was very deliberate, and for all those looks exchanged. Why would he be shooting a look like that at Sansa, he barely noticed she was alive. All the subtext in that scene was very nicely done.

And that look Varys gives Littlefinger, nice. When he says, "I shall have to acquire some sons". Then Littlefinger makes a beeline for Sansa. I HATE that they gave him the Hound's line, though (look around, they are all liars).

I agree that Dance deserves more recognition for his superb performance in GoT, and he's definitely one of the highlights of the show, but I wouldn't say that he receives no respect whatsoever. Regardless of whatever HBO does with its website, the actor is listed as part of the main cast in the Season 2 opening credits (and I assume it will be the same for Season 3). I think that's more important.

I thought it is weird that he is not listed in the "cast". I just saw that today when I went to check out the site a little bit better. I didn't like that.

Methinks they are keeping any images of Stannis and his retainers under wraps so keep Davos' fate after episode 9 of last season a secret.

We already saw Mel.

Ciaran Hinds looks great as Mance, I´m a bit ashamed now that I first thought that he isn´t the right choice for the King beyond the Wall :blushing:

So now you're eating crow? ;)

They're not going to do the blue hair for Daario?

TV!Edmure's hair colour isn't even auburn, so I'm not surprised that HBO decided to forgo the blue wig/dye for TV!Daario.

When could we expect the next video (a trailer hopefully)? I know it's only been 3 days, but there's only 2 months and a bit left...

Maybe very late January or early February.

Just a guess though. It's hard to give any estimation because season 2 was being advertised a lot earlier than season 3 was.

Just to add to the speculation regarding when Loras

will join the Kingsguard, maybe Tywin will give him a choice after learning of the Tyrells' marriage scheme: the Knight of Flowers can either don the white cloak, or marry Cersei. (This a logical change if the showrunners want to avoid mentioning Willas, at least for now.) Both choices are extremely unappealing, but it's understandable why Loras would consider the former to be the lesser of two evils, not to mention that Lady Olenna, and most likely Margaery as well, don't see any tangible benefits in the proposed union for their House.

It's natural that Loras would be upset being betrothed to Sansa, but can you imagine him being engaged to Cersei? He wouldn't just leave the dinner table in a huff, he'd break his chair in a fit of rage! :lol: With Sansa, at least there's a chance that he might be able to find a way to make the partnership work in the long term (sort of like Margaery and Renly's union), but I can't picture Loras getting along with Cersei at all.

Alternately (although this is probably a less interesting theory), Tywin doesn't force Loras in any way to join the order, but he still suggests a marriage to Cersei. Loras is very wary of being used as a pawn again, especially when his grief over Renly's death is still so fresh. After Joffrey dies, Loras decides to become a member of Tommen's Kingsguard, a boy whom he feels he can help mold into a king similar to what Renly would've been. (I thought it was a very smart move on the writers' part to have Loras be the first soldier to burst through the throne room doors near the end of "Blackwater"---it's easy to see why the impressionable Tommen would hero worship the Knight of Flowers from that moment onwards.) The QoT might be a bit annoyed by her grandson's choice, but Margaery would support it.

And if Loras isn't part of the KG by the time PW comes around, I think he would gladly participate in the plot to murder Joffrey, especially if HBO doesn't cast an actor play Garlan.

• 4 weeks later...

In this new and ever-so-slightly spoilery interview with Finn Jones (

), the actor reveals that

he "...had a few great scenes with Sophie [Turner] this year..." and "...luckily this year I don't have to wear any armour." Perhaps we can infer from the first comment that Loras will be Sansa's betrothed, and Finn's second statement probably nixes the theory that Tywin will force Loras to join the KG, but the alternate prediction that I made in my previous post (i.e. Loras voluntarily dons the white cloak when Tommen becomes king) may still be possible.

Archived