Invitation to the Set Video

Westeros

It seems Talisa is coming with Robb to the Twins...

Terrible. At least I hope she dies.

What's going on with the sword (?) or stick (?) touching Jojen from behind? Any theories on that?

I noticed that too. No idea, maybe they will be attacked and they will decide it is better to split up later? There was a shot of Hodor, Osha, both Reeds and both Starks walking together at one time.

Like I said on the previous page : Osha will most certainly feel they (Bran and co) are followed and, like we already saw on a previous video, sneak away in the woods and stumble on the Reeds.

0:01 - Cersei (?) in a chair

0:02 - Dany and Jorah

0:04 - Rickon ( I think?) suddenly sitting up. Some campfire. I guess he's still with Bran

0:05 - Catelyn

0:13 - Good looking set

0:14 - Dany. What's that in her hand?

0:16 - Jon with Ygritte in the background. Looks cold.

0:18 - Margaery

0:19 - Robb

0:22 - New actor (don't know him), probably part of Dany storyline

0:24 - Thoros

0:25 - Cat and the Blackfish

0:26 - Edmure shooting the arrow

0:27 - Jon, and I think that's Tormund (?)

0:28 - Sansa and Shea

0:29 - Dany + what was the girl's name again? She's promising lordships and castles to someone...

0:30 - Sansa and 3 men with Jorah as bodyguard

0:32 - Cersei and Tywin, Pycelle in the background. Looks like Tyrion and Sansa's wedding to me...

0:33 - Joffrey, Margaery, QoT and a whole bunch of others looking at something.

0:34 - Robb and Talisa.

0:35 - Jaime

0:40 - Loras leaving his place at the table between Marge and QoT

0:44 - Tyrion and QoT discussion

0:46 - Pod (?) filling Tyrion's cup

0:47 - Jon, Mance and Tormund in the snow

0:48 - Jojen

0:50 - Dany, again with that girl, and Jorah stalking them walking towards that new actor (Kraznys or something?)

0:52 - Fight. Doesn't look fair, 40 vs 10 or something. Unsullied...

0:53 - Unsullied with funny hats

0:55 - Arya trying to run away from Thoros

0:57 - Tyrion walking like a boss

0:58 - Tywin, saying "This is a plot. Plots are no public knowledge. We need to act first." Interesting...

1:02 - Unsullied

1:04 - Dany "The stakes are even higher"

1:05 - Who's that? Marge and Loras (??)

1:08 - Who's that woman? Can't recognize her.. Marge? With Joffrey also there.

1:13 - Robb "have you lost faith in our cause?" Karstark "This revenge.. I've still got that (? Can't hear his last word very well)"

1:22 - Rattleshirt

1:23 - Jon and Ygritte

1:24 - Mance

1:26 - Jon

1:30 - Catelyn and Robb with a big stone wall in the background. Riverrun? Maybe even the twins?

1:31 - Bran, the reeds, Osha, Hodor and Rickon travelling

1:33 - Cersei

1:34 - Small council coming in. Already saw this in another video.

1:36 - Dany riding behind Unsullied army.

1:38 - Robb, Talisa, with Catelyn behind Robb? Can only see the hair...

1:39 - Tywin approaching Jofrrey sitting on the iron throne

1:41 - Joffrey face close-up

1:42 - Tyrion pouring himself some wine

1:43 - Jojen, with a sword at his neck

1:44 - Margaery, and someone behind her

1:45 - Arya with kind of shocked look. Beric resurrection?

1:47 - Beric with flaming sword

1:48 - climbing the wall?

1:49 - Tormund and Jon (?)

1:50 - Mel + Stannis

1:51 - Brienne Jaime fight

1:52 - Cersei with lots of candles on the table

1:53 - Arya walking, then suddenly turning around, as if she heard something

That's what I could make out. Damn this took far more time than I'd expected.

at 1:08, it is Sansa walking with Joff behind her.

I think that's what Tywin meant when he talked about plots in the video. He hears Sansa is betrothed to Loras and then he makes Loras join the Kingsguard, breaking his betrothal with Sansa, similar to what Aerys did to Jaime.

It's made very clear on the show that Loras hates Joffrey, so this situation would make him more likely to

become the next Kingslayer than his book counterpart. The Knight of Flowers is already carrying a lot of anger after Renly's death, and being forced to devote his entire life to protect a monarch that he loathes will only worsen his emotional volatility. It won't take much for Joff to piss him off and trigger a murderous rage.

In addition to learning about the abuse that Sansa suffered, Margaery and QoT on the TV series will be that much more motivated to get rid off Joff to protect Loras' reputation. Tywin believes that he outmaneuvered the Tyrells by removing their youngest son from the marriage pool, but his hubris will lead to his grandson's death.

It's made very clear on the show that Loras hates Joffrey

Can you give a couple of examples? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious what you saw.

I was thinking back the other day, how many times did the show indicate Sandor hates Tyrion, and came up with several really obvious ones. And they showed the rift between him and Joffrey pretty well, too.

Season 3 looks amazing! I'm a little nervous that they might make some abrupt changes or switch things around to much but I've faith in them. Not a whole lot happens for the first couple of hundred pages in SOS so I'm eager to see how they will keep up with the intensity of the first 2 season.

Can you give a couple of examples? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious what you saw.

"Joffrey is a monster" - Loras talking to Renly in Season 1

Thats the only one I can instantly think of.

In the Season 2 finale, Loras was utterly miserable/irritated/frustrated having to bend the knee to Joffrey. His facial expression and body language throughout the throne room scene spoke volumes about his resenment towards the boy-king. There's also this interview with Finn Jones (http://www.accesshol...r_article_65484) where he says,

"I think he [Loras] knows what he’s doing is not right and he truly believes that Renly was the true king and their plan was just so perfect and now that’s thrown aside. And now, he’s either got to work with Stannis or Joffrey and both of them are just horrible, disgusting kings to work for and to serve. He’s really in a difficult position and I think the only person now that he truly wants to be dutiful to, is his sister [Margaery], and his family — even if the motives are questionable."

Thanks! Just rewatched that. It's in episode 5, the shaving scene (I think he left one arm pit hairy!) :)

In the Season 2 finale, Loras was utterly miserable/irritated/frustrated having to bend the knee to Joffrey. His facial expression and body language throughout the throne room scene spoke volumes about his resenment towards the boy-king. There's also this interview with Finn Jones (http://www.accesshol...r_article_65484) where he says,

"I think he [Loras] knows what he’s doing is not right and he truly believes that Renly was the true king and their plan was just so perfect and now that’s thrown aside. And now, he’s either got to work with Stannis or Joffrey and both of them are just horrible, disgusting kings to work for and to serve. He’s really in a difficult position and I think the only person now that he truly wants to be dutiful to, is his sister [Margaery], and his family — even if the motives are questionable."

Thanks! Will watch that again, too. Adding, that was really good! He was completely disgusted. The way he put his hand on his knee getting up. That look on his face at the end.

Season 3 looks amazing! I'm a little nervous that they might make some abrupt changes or switch things around to much but I've faith in them. Not a whole lot happens for the first couple of hundred pages in SOS so I'm eager to see how they will keep up with the intensity of the first 2 season.

Hm? Most of the readership agress that ASOS is the most action-packed book of the series.

Hm? Most of the readership agress that ASOS is the most action-packed book of the series.

It is, but things don't really become super-action packed until the RW and beyond. There are some dramatic moments but it's about the same level as GOT.

Thanks! Just rewatched that. It's in episode 5, the shaving scene (I think he left one arm pit hairy!) :)

Finn Jones admitted on his Twitter page that he messed up by forgetting to shave the other armpit. :P

Thanks! Will watch that again, too. Adding, that was really good! He was completely disgusted. The way he put his hand on his knee getting up. That look on his face at the end.

I was surprised at first when Loras'

entry into the Kingsguard was omitted from that episode because it was an important event in the character's arc in ACoK. However, the HBO writers probably didn't want to confuse non-book readers too much by having Loras become the bodyguard for a king that he so plainly despised. There wasn't enough screen time to explain that he joined the order primarily to protect his sister. Morever, the showrunners already had in mind at that point that Loras would take on Willas' role in Season 3.

Remember when Margaery and Loras glanced up at Sansa in "Valar Morghulis"? Marg's expression was apologetic, but Loras looked annoyed. I couldn't quite figure out at first why he would feel anything negative towards the Stark girl; I had just assumed that he was still upset from the charade with Joffrey. As soon as the "Season 3 In Production" featurette was released,

and I noticed that the Knight of Flowers wasn't wearing the KG armour, it dawned on me that his sulky exp

ression in that episode was due to him knowing that he would have to marry Sansa.

Excellent cinematography. Why isn't Charles Dance regaled with acting nominations. Please. That guy acted in half a second, better than the rest put together. Honestly, I love all the cast, but I think he is just a fantastic Tywin Lannister. I'm sorry. I'm being pissy. If you go to the official HBO site, he is not listed under "Cast", he is listed under "Introduced in Season One". The guy gets no respect. :( :tantrum:

Why isn't Charles Dance regaled with acting nominations. Please. That guy acted in half a second, better than the rest put together. Honestly, I love all the cast, but I think he is just a fantastic Tywin Lannister. I'm sorry. I'm being pissy. If you go to the official HBO site, he is not listed under "Cast", he is listed under "Introduced in Season One". The guy gets no respect.

I agree that Dance deserves more recognition for his superb performance in GoT, and he's definitely one of the highlights of the show, but I wouldn't say that he receives no respect whatsoever. Regardless of whatever HBO does with its website, the actor is listed as part of the main cast in the Season 2 opening credits (and I assume it will be the same for Season 3). I think that's more important.

Archived