And What Are We Drinking, Again?

Fragile Bird

Right now, nothing alcoholic. A tropical smoothie: 1/2 cup of frozen mango, 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple chunks, 1 frozen medium banana, I/2 cup of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of coconut almond milk, 2 tbsps. of ground flaxseeds and a splash of cold water. Whirred in the blender, drunk and eaten with a spoon. Utterly delicious. :)

Wow! That does sound utterly delicious! Although, it also sounds like something that is simply screaming for a splash of rum ;) Oh, and you mentioned Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale upthread. How is that? We'll be brewing our own cream ale soon so as to have it for the summer :cheers:

Wow! That does sound utterly delicious! Although, it also sounds like something that is simply screaming for a splash of rum ;) Oh, and you mentioned Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale upthread. How is that? We'll be brewing our own cream ale soon so as to have it for the summer :cheers:

I admit that as I was drinking/eating it I was thinking rum would go really well with it. :P Just leave out the flaxseeds. And you could replace the Greek yogurt with milk to make it thinner, perhaps toss in a few ice cubes as well. Sunday dinner cocktails.... And the Kilkenny was from a can, quite good, but it's even better on tap in an Irish pub. :)

After my 16 hour day I might drink rubbing alcohol if I felt it would take the edge off.

Luckily I found a lone can of Narragansett lager in the fridge of the chef's changing room.

I already texted one of my sous chefs to make certain we never again run so low on beer.

Tomorrow will be a similar grind. No less than two beers as i change will do.

Our publisher just came through the office with an honest-to-god drinks cart. He had gone out and bought two cases of beer and some wine, but when he and a couple of colleagues arrived at my cubicle, I decided to donate my properly large stash of hard alcohol (gin, bourbon, sour mash whiskey, more bourbon, and sweet vermouth) in my desk to the cause. Which prompted the publisher to run into his office and donate a bottle of blended scotch. Which then prompted another editor to donate two bottles of bourbon. Which prompted my creative director to donate a bottle of vodka. So, the entire staff of my magazine now looks like a pack of alcoholics in front of our publisher, but somebody has to keep up proper journalistic principles. And the drinks cart is apparently going to be a Friday afternoon tradition from here on out. :cheers:

Archived