Walking Dead Season 3 Vol 5 (TV thread, no GN spoilers)

Isalie

@ Simon Steele

I don't know if it really talked. They had something with a black mask talking. Then later they show the same zombie 2x and the second it quickly turns its head, and its mouth moves(something we have not seen). It is some thing different then we have seen, but not sure that it was talking. Just that it seemed like something new.

I just watched it like 4 times. There is no talking zombie.

There's no talking zombie in that preview guys. I'll spoiler it since some people might have avoided it;

Rick and co encounter another survivor. Maybe more than one. The previews show someone hailing their car as they drive past, and later you see a dude in body armour and a helmet on a rooftop, with a rifle. He's the one that talks. It looks like he's some crazy survivalist or something.

There's no talking zombie in that preview guys. I'll spoiler it since some people might have avoided it;

Rick and co encounter another survivor. Maybe more than one. The previews show someone hailing their car as they drive past, and later you see a dude in body armour and a helmet on a rooftop, with a rifle. He's the one that talks. It looks like he's some crazy survivalist or something.

Take a look at the zombie. It's not talking - but it looks like its not your average zombie or something.

It also looks like a pile of burned bodies. I'm guessing this isn't the Gov's work with the Woodbury folks but maybe crazy survivalist sniper has burned zombie bodies? This show is really veering away from the comics so I'm clueless as to what to expect. Which is sorta nice

Did that scence with the crazy guy on the roof remind any one of half-life 2, in the Ravenholm section?

I read a crazy suggestion that the dude on the roof could be ...

Morgan. :lol:

Would be awesome, though.

EDIT:

Which isn't crazy, because I just read that he is confirmed to return in episode 12

I read a crazy suggestion that the dude on the roof could be ...

Morgan. :lol:

Would be awesome, though.

EDIT:

Which isn't crazy, because I just read that he is confirmed to return in episode 12

Well...

I read somewhere back at the beginning of the season that Lennie James was cast again for this season of Walking Dead. So Morgan is probably going to show up at some point. And there's only a handful of episodes left, so...

You can explain a lot of it away but strangely that never helps.I guess Glen no longer wants to bring attention to it given that Maggie called him out on it?

Also, fuck Michonne. Seriously. Even if she's right she's fucking wrong.

How about the massacre of the National Guardsmen, which Michonne suspected and would be verified by Merle? That little piece of information is something that might have been more persuasive to Andrea, and perhaps even alienated some of the townspeople. Spring that on some of the Governor's goons in public, and their denials likely would have been pretty unconvincing. Especially with the trucks still sitting there in stark view. And she knew all that before ever leaving the city.

Andrea still doesn't have an excuse, though. She knew that the Governor's right hand man kidnapped Glenn and Maggie without justification, and that the Governor did nothing about it. She also knows that Rick's group was justified in coming back to rescue their kidnapped people. And she knew that the Governor then lied to the townspeople about Merle being a traitor to cover his own tracks, and then put innocent Daryl into a death match with Merle. There's no possible way to square that with him being even a remotely decent guy.

Merle is awesome, but his speech on their military vulnerability overlooked the fact that there are fucking shit-tons of zombies all around the prison. You can't siege a or put permanent spies around a facility that huge because they'll be too vulnerable to wandering zombies, especially at night. Even when Rick's group attacked Woodbury, they had to move fast because of the walkers. And if you did try to stick people all around the prison on the high ground, they'd constantly be giving away their position by having to shoot walkers.

Merle is awesome, but his speech on their military vulnerability overlooked the fact that there are fucking shit-tons of zombies all around the prison. You can't siege a or put permanent spies around a facility that huge because they'll be too vulnerable to wandering zombies, especially at night. Even when Rick's group attacked Woodbury, they had to move fast because of the walkers. And if you did try to stick people all around the prison on the high ground, they'd constantly be giving away their position by having to shoot walkers.

Deer stands.

Deer stands.

That's a good idea, but we haven't seen anyone build them or even attempt to, perhaps because they inherently mean you're deliberately trapping yourself in a tree and setting yourself up to being surrounded by walkers on the ground.

In the context of surrounding the prison, you'd likely see/hear them being built, and you still have to get down them at the end of the day, likely surrounded by walkers. Plus, there's the whole visibility issue. If you're going to be in a place where you can get a good view of the prison from a tree, it's likely the prison is going to have a pretty good view of you because you'd have to be on a tree at/near the clearing. You become a stationary target for anyone in the prison who sees you, and people climbing in and out of a stand over the course of days are going to be spotted. Trees with crowds of walkers around them also would tend to give away your position. I don't think you could keep that up long enough for Merle's "starve us out" theory to have any real chance of success.

In any case, it bothered me that nobody even mentioned the walkers outside the fence when talking about a "siege".

Andrea used to have ignorance as an excuse, but ever since the Governor has been (somewhat) frank with her about what he's done, there has been no excuse. Michonne was absolutely right in that Andrea chose a bed over her. The only difference is that before she chose the bed over Michonne because Michonne was too secretive. After she chose it because she's gotten used to the relative comfort again.

Andrea seems to think that as long as she verbally objects to some of the things the Governor does, her moral obligations are covered.

Michonne is annoying, but in her defense, there's no conclusions she's reached that other people weren't free to reach as well. Anybody could have looked at the NG trucks, but nobody else really did, and I think that sort of willful blindness is what bothered her. She viewed all those people as already being pre-disposed to being duped, and thinks people who are that easily fooled are a waste of her time, and likely a major risk to her health.

IOW, she has no tolerance for stupid people. At all.

Yeah, Michonne and Andrea were all but guaranteed to take different paths once they reached Woodbury. Andrea was sick and getting worse and Woodbury represented the first place in a year for her to be safe and get healthy. Michonne was taken at gunpoint, had her prized possession (and security blanket) stolen from her and placed like a trophy on the shelf of the town's leader. She quickly discovered the Governor was lying and that chances were very good that he had murdered people in cold blood.

She had her reasons for leaving and Andrea had hers for staying. That they never bothered to actually discuss this is a weak point for the writing, not the characters. After being together for 6-8 months, you'd think these two would have better communication skills with each other but apparently not.

That they never bothered to actually discuss this is a weak point for the writing, not the characters. After being together for 6-8 months, you'd think these two would have better communication skills with each other but apparently not.

I'm not sure if it is weak writing, or just intentionally writing Michonne as a damaged person. I mean, what she does makes little sense in terms of what we think we should do, or what we think most people would do. But this is someone who drags around two armless/jawless walkers, former loved ones, without batting an eye. It's like she shut off her emotions completely, was very used to being a loner, opened up a bit when she found Andrea, and then shut down again as soon as she saw Andrea was not completely loyal to her. It still may be bad writing that was simply a plot device, but Michonne continued that same pattern of silence even when she was with the group and it wasn't as necessary.

Then again, I'm usually not one for psychobabble bullshit, so maybe it just is bad writing.

Andrea used to have ignorance as an excuse, but ever since the Governor has been (somewhat) frank with her about what he's done, there has been no excuse. Michonne was absolutely right in that Andrea chose a bed over her. The only difference is that before she chose the bed over Michonne because Michonne was too secretive. After she chose it because she's gotten used to the relative comfort again.

Michonne is annoying, but in her defense, there's no conclusions she's reached that other people weren't free to reach as well. Anybody could have looked at the NG trucks, but nobody else really did, and I think that sort of willful blindness is what bothered her. She viewed all those people as already being pre-disposed to being duped, and thinks people who are that easily fooled are a waste of her time, and likely a major risk to her health.

IOW, she has no tolerance for stupid people. At all.

Not a bed.A Life. Fuck Michonne, if she wants to run around the forest waiting to die from a scratch she can do so. If she wants someone else to run around in said forest with her she better be fucking honest. Of course, she wasn't so she has absolutely nothing to complain about.

People who don't obsessively pursue a grudge because they are incapable of living without a sword are not "stupid". They're "well-adjusted". As far as I can see she's just incapable of talking to other people.Everyone in the town I can see her not giving a shit about. Andrea...why does she need to take a simple situation and turn it into "follow me doggy"?Why does she need to prove that Andrea loves her more?

Not a bed.A Life. Fuck Michonne, if she wants to run around the forest waiting to die from a scratch she can do so. If she wants someone else to run around in said forest with her she better be fucking honest. Of course, she wasn't so she has absolutely nothing to complain about.

People who don't obsessively pursue a grudge because they are capable of living without a sword are not "stupid". They're "well-adjusted". As far as I can see she's just incapable of talking to other people.Everyone in the town I can see her not giving a shit about. Andrea...why does she need to take a simple situation and turn it into "follow me doggy"?

I'm not justifying what Michonne is doing. She's wrong for not talking about her suspicions in more detail. I was just offering an opinion as to why she didn't do that. At the same time, though, it seems to me that some people are deliberately turning a blind eye to long-term problems with the Governor because of a short term desire for what he's offering. While that may be understandable, it's not quite right either.

And I don't really think Michonne left because of a "grudge". She wasn't happy about being taken prisoner, but all that really did was put her more on her guard than normal. Where I think she really decided something serious was wrong in Woodbury was with the National Guard trucks. That wasn't the action of a benevolent leader looking to protect and help people -- that was the action of a guy with some pretty nasty megalomania going on.

I'm not justifying what Michonne is doing. She's wrong for not talking about her suspicions in more detail. I was just offering an opinion as to why she didn't do that. At the same time, though, it seems to me that some people are deliberately turning a blind eye to long-term problems with the Governor because of a short term desire for what he's offering. While that may be understandable, it's not quite right either.

And I don't really think Michonne left because of a "grudge". She wasn't happy about being taken prisoner, but all that really did was put her more on her guard than normal. Where I think she really decided something serious was wrong in Woodbury was with the National Guard trucks. That wasn't the action of a benevolent leader looking to protect and help people -- that was the action of a guy with some pretty nasty megalomania going on.

Technically speaking no one took her prisoner.She could leave. She just didn't want to leave without Andrea.

People turning a blind eye? To what? Andrea investigated among the people and nothing was going on. Hell, 90% of the time the Governor is probably exactly what he seems. Was there any visible sign of him being crazy beyond him taking a sword from a maladjusted ninja?

The National Guard truck was a rare occurrence I think. How often does the Governor shoot up strangers on the road? How many people know about it? Come on. If Rick went back to his group with a shot up NG truck and told them the walkers got them do you think that anyone would doubt him? That's the world they live in. Michonne was right because she happened to be paranoid at the right time.

I particularly enjoyed ever single second Merle was on screen this episode.

I thought his little chat with Michonne was annoyingly obviously insincere and reminiscent of previous schemings, but I was amused by his display of biblical knowledge. I had never taken him for much of a reader.

Archived