Walking Dead Season 3 Vol 5 (TV thread, no GN spoilers)

Isalie

Maybe she is looking toward turning the town against him somehow and exposing him as a monster. But Andrea never comes across as a big picture, think things out type, so a plan like that could be beyond her reckoning.

This is really her only source of redemption besides killing the Gov outright. But now that the zombie head aquariums and his zombie daughter are gone there really aren't many avenues left to expose his batshitiness. The people seemed to like the zombie games, and any militarization of the townsfolk or actions against the prison group will be completely defensible unless the Gov starts shooting "defectors" or claiming his "lord's right", or something. Really the only "evidence" that Andrea will have to present to the people of Woodbury against the Gov will be her say so, and it will be both absurdly hypocritical and completely in character when she gets frustrated at their disbelief.

eta:

do we know that much about his character? as far as we know, he will do anything to come out of the wild, and the town has to look pretty good to him.

We know that he was against slaughtering everyone at the prison when it was first suggested by the younger guys in his group, that he seemed grateful for what help the prison group did provide, and was accepting of their terms and conditions during their brief stay. Going from that to "lets go kill them all" is a pretty dramatic turn around. Especially after acknowledging that it was really just Rick that had pissed him off. But you're right that we really can't know how much of a sacrifice a place like Woodbury would be worth to a group in their position.

There were rumors that Mazzara had horribly mismanaged the second half of the season, about how production was stalled numerous times due to a lack of material. I wonder if we are seeing the effects of that already. I have found all three of these episodes to be kind of dull (the exception coming at the end of last week) with last night's being the worst. There are 5 more episodes and I don't expect the ultimate showdown until maybe the last two episodes, perhaps the increased episode order caused them to stall and pad out the back end of the season.

She did not really have any reason to suspect that they had. Just as she had no way of knowing how bad the people at the prison had it, or that Rick was nuts and might chase people off. She didn't really have time to ask for a detailed account of their doings either.

I just defended Andrea, it felt icky.

God, will Andrea just fucking die already? I'm starting to hate her more than I hate Carl, and that takes a lot of effort.

Once again, the writers avoid having the characters fucking talk to eachother about important shit. There was so much stuff Rick & co could have told Andrea that would have convinced her the Governor was truly evil (such as the fact that he nearly raped Maggie), but no, they don't say shit. God, sometimes I don't even know why I watch the show.

God, will Andrea just fucking die already? I'm starting to hate her more than I hate Carl, and that takes a lot of effort.

whaat. carl is my favorite character now. he was beyond the worst in season 1-2, but he's really come along by leaps and bounds.

whaat. carl is my favorite character now. he was beyond the worst in season 1-2, but he's really come along by leaps and bounds.

I agree, my hatred for the kid is less intense now than it was in past seasons, but until he takes off that stupid fucking cowboy hat he will remain on my hate list.

Once again, the writers avoid having the characters fucking talk to eachother about important shit. There was so much stuff Rick & co could have told Andrea that would have convinced her the Governor was truly evil (such as the fact that he nearly raped Maggie), but no, they don't say shit. God, sometimes I don't even know why I watch the show.

You can explain a lot of it away but strangely that never helps.I guess Glen no longer wants to bring attention to it given that Maggie called him out on it?

Also, fuck Michonne. Seriously. Even if she's right she's fucking wrong.

Well not a good one, by any means.

But what was that on the prev? Was that a talking Zoombie? They showed it at least 2x. WTF

I must have missed the talking zombie! I'll go back and watch. I do wonder about who the guy in the black mask on the roof might be, as a couple of episodes ago the description said Rick was going in search of an old friend or something. Which he never did. I'm wondering if he is going to run into those Vatos (god no), or maybe the black dude and his kid from the first episode. The prison group could use the backup, plus they keep killing off all the black characters on Rick's team.

I thought Tyreese might fill in that role (which is ridiculous that there is a "role" to be filled), but I think it is clear now Tyreese is going to lead an assault against the prison and show the Governor the back door in. I was thinking the Governor would then fuck Rick's group up but he had a chance to do that a week ago when he released the zombies in the prison. But it seems so obvious what's going to happen now. Tyreese will mention the baby and the Governor will kidnap it. I mean can you have an action oriented TV show with a baby in it that doesn't get kidnapped? Sons of Anarchy and Angel come to mind.

I am so positive this is going to happen that I'm kind of pissed. that the writers won't do something novel. It'd be great if the kid doesn't factor into the final showdown at all.

How many episodes until the Governor goes in through the backdoor, steals the kid, and the episode ends with Rick screaming at the sky when he realizes his kid is gone.

I noticed that too - it's like a talking zombie??!! Did I see that correctly?? My husbands over here telling me I'm nuts but didn't it look like the zombie was talking?

@ Simon Steele

I don't know if it really talked. They had something with a black mask talking. Then later they show the same zombie 2x and the second it quickly turns its head, and its mouth moves(something we have not seen). It is some thing different then we have seen, but not sure that it was talking. Just that it seemed like something new.

Am I the only one suspecting that there was an off screen conversation with Tyrese's group, and they, being an unknown element, have infultrated Woodbury on behalf of the prison crew?

If this has been discussed upthread, I apologize. RL has been too busy for me to read anything but the last few pages of posts since the last time I checked the thread.

That's really smart, GSP, and I bet you may be right. It would explain why the group happened to find their way toward the town, when they could have ended up anywhere, and why they we acting so out of character (with being so eager to help fight Rick's group...).

Is it weird that in a show about a zombie apocalypse, I couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to believe that a teenage girl would know a Tom Waits song by heart?

Eh, my best friend was a big Tom Waits fan when she was that age. Him, Led Zepplin plus Micheal Jackson were her favorites, go figure.

I agree with this, everyone here seems to hate Andrea because she couldn't seem to figure out what really going on, but the writers have bent over backwards at every turn not to have her know. And first Michonne doesn't explain things to her, now the group doesn't. It's really makes no sense they wouldn't just tell her everything.

And as for Michonne, her character is baffling me. I really want to like her, because she is a badass with a sword, but her explanation to Andrea about why she went back to Woodbury and tried to expose the Gov to hurt her--what? So--you wouldn't go with me into zombie infested wilderness because I had a "feeling" I couldn't explain, so now I hate you and wanted to show you how shitty your boyfriend is as revenge?

All the people saying Andrea chickened out...just wait. My guess is she will end up killing the Gov, just not till the climax of the season, and at a more dramatic moment. It's still halfway thru the season, they're not gonna kill their main baddie off yet!

Archived