Walking Dead Season 3 Vol 5 (TV thread, no GN spoilers)

Isalie

I actually thought that was an alright episode. Not mind-blowing, but I think we needed a cool down episode. So much crazy shit has happened that is was nice to have a calm, let's deal with this Andrea problem episode.

I wasn't really looking forward to this one too much after hearing it was focusing on Andrea the whole time. She is far and away my least favorite character. Usually all it takes for me to dislike an episode (or scene) is her presence.

But, I thought this was an... interesting episode. I'm fully aware that with this show's track record with Andrea that I could be completely wrong, but I anticipate a change in her character soon. Sure, I was majorly pissed that she didn't go through with killing Phil at first. But it's actually (shockingly) in line with her character that she didn't.

I don't like it, but I think she's the type of person that actually NEEDS to see something in order to believe it. There's plenty of evidence that she needs to do in Governor, but it goes back to that old arguement. How much has she actually seen?

As far as she knows, Rick and his group lied to her. Would that be really too hard to believe? Seeing how they acted when she showed up, I know I wouldn't be too trusting. And she could chalk up everything Michonne said to her not liking Governor.

Now, I know that is a toooooon of reaching. But, assuming she actually needs to see him in full-blown crazy mode before she kills him, could you kill someone you're falling in love (blegh) with based on the word of...

Aw fuck it. She needs to get her shit together fast. I think the writers know this, and will use this episode to jump start that process. I hope so anyway.

So if you ever find yourself in need of zombie repellent now you know how to make one,all you need is another zombie a hatchet and a nerd :)

I knew Andrea would chicken out. Just pathetic. And argument that she doesn't know a lot is getting older bu the minute.For a while she knows enough to make her at least wonder but no...I guess she really love those hot showers :dunno: For the first time I actually liked Michone. The part when she told Andrea her point of view on of the whole situation was nice.

They needed one cooling down episode to introduce Merle to prison,to show how Rick tries to cope,and to finally bring the original group together and this was it. Next one looks like let's start trusting Michone episode.

I would hope this means Andrea has made her choice and can die with the Gov, but they are probably setting her up as a potential rival to Phil's leadership. In the zombie apocalypse giving a terrible speech is all takes to have people see you as a leader.

As far as the prison group is concerned, can they really afford to view anyone in Woodbury as "innocent"? The way Merle and the Gov secretly initiated hostilities against Rick and co. and brought on retaliation, there is no way the frightened populace of Woodbury could be convinced the "terrorists" are not a threat. Even if the Gov were killed, I don't think Woodbury would dissolve, you would have frightened people and those aggressive armed goons left to fill the leadership vacuum. The only way the prison group could be sure of their safety would be to work with the goal of destroying Woodbury and scattering its citizens, as impossible as that seems with their limited resources.

I was expecting someone to die because of the advertised "special guest" spot on talking dead. Up until the end I was hoping The Gov would get the drop on would be assassin Andrea

I was totally expecting the Gov to wake up and kill Andrea with her own knife.

Ty going to the G'ner? WTF?

It seemed out of character for Ty to be so gung ho about attacking the prison group. I get that he'd be eager to fit in at Woodbury but, apart from Rick, everybody at the prison was pretty decent to him and his group. Carl saved all of their lives ffs, Glen and Herschel were generally supportive/helpful (possibly Carol, can't remember), and I don't see Ty wanting to kill/endanger children and a baby.

Also, didn't they hear about the crazy/asshole Governor of Woodbury from conversations at the prison? I expect something will happen to sour Ty's view of the Gov pretty strongly right away and maybe him and some of his group will end up helping out Rick's team and leaving with them.

Good cool down/set up episode, though I'd hoped for some type of resolution from Andrea. My guess is that her not killing the Governor means she can't kill him without seeing proof herself that he's the aggressor (despite the fact that he already admitted they started it by taking Glenn and Maggie) and not that she has decided to be on his side against the prison.

Regardless Andrea, finally, is worthy of the scorn heaped upon her character.

Michonne's gunshot leg sure did heal fast, didn't it, for her to already be doing push ups and squats and such.

Tyreese and the Governor.... what the flying fucknoodles? I'm interested to see where this goes but... what?

And I also understand now why Robert Kirkman wanted Glenn Mazzara fired from the show. It is quickly becoming Mazzara's vision of The Walking Dead rather than Kirkman's, and for a guy who sometimes comes across as a spoiled man-child, that's a big no-no. So different that comic spoilers would mean practically nothing at this point as the two plot-lines have diverged greatly.

I mentioned Andrea siding with the Gov more as wishful thinking looking for a way for her to exit the show. I have found her completely desrving of scorn since season 2 and the one choice of hers I did defend was not following Michonne into the wild.

Maybe she is looking toward turning the town against him somehow and exposing him as a monster. But Andrea never comes across as a big picture, think things out type, so a plan like that could be beyond her reckoning.

If she still has any doubts about The Gov's methods and intentions, she may well be the dumbest person left in the world.

I am not sure what they are doing with Tyrese. I understand that he would not like Rick, and I don't see them developing a friendship like they had in the comics, but it is strange that he was so willing to offer taking up arms against what the knows to be a small group with few capable fighters living in bad conditions. He was at the prison long enough to hear that they were scared of some lunatic running a town, he even offered to help them intially. I guess they decided to make him a mercenary looking for shelter.

Michonne's gunshot leg sure did heal fast, didn't it, for her to already be doing push ups and squats and such.

I got the feeling that some time had passed between this episode and the last. Days? A couple weeks? I could be wrong though.

Also, I was a little bothered by Glenn saying that they didn't have much food or ammo at the prison. The ammo, I get. But, I thought will all the food they found in the kitchen, they were pretty well set for a while?

Yeah, the time span between episodes is a little unclear. I'm not expert on gunshot wounds, but I'm fairly confident in saying that a leg wound would still bother someone for a few weeks even if it healed perfectly.

And yeah, they had a huge pantry full of food in the kitchen. Four guys after a year barely put a dent in it, but ten people (give or take a couple as people die/get captured) destroy it in a matter of weeks?

I was totally expecting the Gov to wake up and kill Andrea with her own knife.

Me too. Either that or to pull out a gun and put a slug in her.

I knew Andrea would chicken out. Just pathetic. And argument that she doesn't know a lot is getting older bu the minute.For a while she knows enough to make her at least wonder but no...I guess she really love those hot showers :dunno:

To be fair, it was a stupid plan to knife the Gov in his sleep anyway. First off if she boched even a little he would scream and she would be put to death. Even if she managed to kill him silently then she has to sneak out of town without getting caught and make her way back to the prison in the dark. IDK, it all seemed to risky to me.

I am not sure what they are doing with Tyrese. I understand that he would not like Rick, and I don't see them developing a friendship like they had in the comics, but it is strange that he was so willing to offer taking up arms against what the knows to be a small group with few capable fighters living in bad conditions. He was at the prison long enough to hear that they were scared of some lunatic running a town, he even offered to help them intially. I guess they decided to make him a mercenary looking for shelter.

I thought he is still into this group more.i even think I saw he shows some reluctance to join the attack on prison. He didn't look to keen on fighting them,at least to me,i dunno,maybe i missed something.

To be fair, it was a stupid plan to knife the Gov in his sleep anyway. First off if she boched even a little he would scream and she would be put to death. Even if she managed to kill him silently then she has to sneak out of town without getting caught and make her way back to the prison in the dark. IDK, it all seemed to risky to me.

Oh it was stupid plan,I admit it but she didn't back out of it cause it was risky but cause she wuws Gov :ack: Now you develop conscience,when he admitted he held your friends against their will and then came and f***ked you all night it was all cool. And Mich was right she did trade a friend for shower.

I thought he is still into this group more.i even think I saw he shows some reluctance to join the attack on prison. He didn't look to keen on fighting them,at least to me,i dunno,maybe i missed something.

One of the guys in Tyrese's group said they would help fight and Ty said something along the lines "Whatever we have to do to earn our keep." So he basically pledged to help for now. He did say that most of them seemed decent except Rick.

I think either the Gov will ask him to do something that completely crosses the line and he will defect or he will befriend Andrea who will recruit him to help protect the prison group from the Gov's wrath.

I knew Andrea would chicken out. Just pathetic.

really.? i imagine it would be something that was really hard to do. i know its a harder world they are living in but it would such a cold act, and the force you'd need to do it without waking him.not so easy

It seemed out of character for Ty to be so gung ho about attacking the prison group. I get that he'd be eager to fit in at Woodbury but, apart from Rick, everybody at the prison was pretty decent to him and his group. Carl saved all of their lives ffs, Glen and Herschel were generally supportive/helpful (possibly Carol, can't remember), and I don't see Ty wanting to kill/endanger children and a baby.

Also, didn't they hear about the crazy/asshole Governor of Woodbury from conversations at the prison? I expect something will happen to sour Ty's view of the Gov pretty strongly right away and maybe him and some of his group will end up helping out Rick's team and leaving with them.

do we know that much about his character? as far as we know, he will do anything to come out of the wild, and the town has to look pretty good to him.

Archived