TTTNE 383: Flower garden

Buckwheat

Morning all :kiss:

My car is ready. they tried to tell me it was $200 more than what they had originally qquoted me. No thanks. So they took that $200 off. scammers. I really hate paying more than twice what the car is worth for repairs, but I just can't afford a new one. maybe next year?

In other news, I've applied for a job where I actually know someone and am asking her to take my resume in. In fact, I think it is her old job as she just got promoted. I only sort of know her. We use the same daycare for about 5 years. According to that class I had to go to, this is the best way to get a job (or at least the interview)

Hey FB... so how was it last night?

That's a very personal question, Mister OJ, and I have to say a lady never tells. :cool4:

Oh.

The concert?

Delta Rae are touring with a band called ZZ Ward. I don`t know if it`s a band or the name of the lead singer, but man she rocked. I just went looking for a song to post and I see she`s been on Jay Leno! http://youtu.be/BZgTX2wdzuw

She rocked so hard that when Delta Rae came on they seemed rather quiet in comparison, it took a couple of songs for them to start rocking too. But they were great. They ended the show with Dance in the Graveyards, and the crowd cheered for an encore, and none came. I stepped out and saw my friend`s son waiting, and we wondered where his mom was, I went back in and the band had come down to the center of the floor (the Mod Club has a large open space with a bar on one side and a raised area with some benches against the wall and small tables on the other side) and did a very up close and personal number surrounded by the fans. It was cool.

That's a very personal question, Mister OJ, and I have to say a lady never tells. :cool4:

Oh.

The concert?

Delta Rae are touring with a band called ZZ Ward. I don`t know if it`s a band or the name of the lead singer, but man she rocked. I just went looking for a song to post and I see she`s been on Jay Leno! http://youtu.be/BZgTX2wdzuw

She rocked so hard that when Delta Rae came on they seemed rather quiet in comparison, it took a couple of songs for them to start rocking too. But they were great. They ended the show with Dance in the Graveyards, and the crowd cheered for an encore, and none came. I stepped out and saw my friend`s son waiting, and we wondered where his mom was, I went back in and the band had come down to the center of the floor (the Mod Club has a large open space with a bar on one side and a raised area with some benches against the wall and small tables on the other side) and did a very up close and personal number surrounded by the fans. It was cool.

Glad you enjoyed it! The last time I saw them play, that's what they did with the encore. I wasn't sure they were going to do one, and they hadn't played

during the set - which is one of my favorites. And then they came down and played it pretty much right next to our table, which was awesome.

Did they play their anti-bullying song,

?

I know nothing about ZZ Ward. They are not going to be with Delta Rae when they play down in Nashville in a couple of weeks, so I won't be seeing her. Now, I kinda wish she was.

I just put in an Blind Guardian album I haven't listened to in months and realized that two of the songs are about ASOIAF. How the hell didn't I notice this earlier? :stunned:

And today my Latin teacher walked into the room and said to me very loudly: "Only 30 more days! Isn't that great?!" No one knew what he was talking about. :lol:

Welcome to TTTNE, Rose. :cheers:

Have a good day everyone. :grouphug:

Afternoon thread

Just got back from an opticians appointment. The vision in my left eye has got a little worse but it's actually a little bit better in my right eye. However, not enough of a change overall to make it worth replacing my current prescription with new glasses. I was thinking about trying contact lenses and so the optician tried to put some sample lenses in my eyes. It didn't go well. I just could not get over my natural reaction to close my eyes when something is coming towards them. After over a dozen attempts she managed to get one lense in my right eye but could not get the other one in. Worth a try but I don't think contact lenses are for me, spectacles all the way it would appear. Though if my vision carries on the way it is going I might end up needing a monocle or something.

My daughter just got contact lenses last weekend and she loves them. She's going to have her follow-up exam for them this afternoon.

I was shocked at just how quickly she got the hang of putting them in and taking them out. She's only 8, so I guess that may have helped that she started so young.

Afternoon thread

Just got back from an opticians appointment. The vision in my left eye has got a little worse but it's actually a little bit better in my right eye. However, not enough of a change overall to make it worth replacing my current prescription with new glasses. I was thinking about trying contact lenses and so the optician tried to put some sample lenses in my eyes. It didn't go well. I just could not get over my natural reaction to close my eyes when something is coming towards them. After over a dozen attempts she managed to get one lense in my right eye but could not get the other one in. Worth a try but I don't think contact lenses are for me, spectacles all the way it would appear. Though if my vision carries on the way it is going I might end up needing a monocle or something.

You will be a very elegant mountain goat with a monocle.

Grow a mustache along with it.

I've tried contacts before. They're a bit annoying to put on the first time, but eventually they're not that impossible to handle.

Happy Friday to all!

I'm working half a day today, then starting a vacation. YAY!!!

I had an interesting dream last night - that I won the race on this section. I didn't intend to win, so I wasn't prepared with a new thread title and several 'regular' forum posters were mad at me because I was too new to win a race. I woke up and was nervous until I checked the count. Whew!

Phalenopsis. Day One.

I looked at the plant today to check if somehow the flowers were withering or decaying after the repotting. For the moment, the flowes look okay and the plant looks firm. I do have the feeling the Phal Orchid will lose one of the older leaves (and I don't see any attempt of the plant of replacing it with a new one, yet) because generally speaking, the leave looks reddish and it seems dehydrated.

Browsing around, I found out that a reddish tone in the Phal Leaves indicates excess sunlight. These are plants that grow in the shade of larger trees, so I will be observing how the sunlight strikes the balcony. My house has a northwest facing terrace, so there is a point in the afternoon where the sun enters the balcony where the Phal rests.

I have discovered a method of testing the humidity of the plant by dedicating a Bamboo skewer to the pot. I have some skewers here, so I just planted one. Generally speaking, I tested the mix and it feels moist to the touch, but not overly damp as the previous pot mix (which was fern on gravel).

I apologize if everyone finds this plant talk boring, but... you know, I don't have a dog in Lannisport, so the Phal. Orchid dubs as my pet.

I had an interesting dream last night - that I won the race on this section. I didn't intend to win, so I wasn't prepared with a new thread title and several 'regular' forum posters were mad at me because I was too new to win a race. I woke up and was nervous until I checked the count. Whew!

:lol:

no one rages for losing the race to a newer ninja :P

And people always have suggestions for titles.

I think I just lowered the level of discussions in General below zero, here, Buck made me do it. :P

:lol:

I tried to raise the bar again. But, once a tttne influence hits a thread, generally it's all down hill after that. ;)

Wow, I missed a ton of spam. don't have time to read back, hope there was nothing too important...

Congrats to Bucky!

JW, why not just include GOT in yr classes? If you can make it relevant, anything to make it interesting. I would have been into that when I was in school.

Mt Goat, I have horrifyingly bad vision too, but I've always worn contacts. You just have to get used to them--at first it feels like something's in your eye, but eventually the nerves in yr eye become less sensitive and it feels like nothing's there. Plus it's great not having your vision all fuzzy around the edges like with glasses.

I think you have to try putting them in yourself. I don't know why the doctor did it that way, I would be put off too with someone else trying to jab something into my eye.

Archived