TTTNE 383: Flower garden

Buckwheat

Yes, Lady Catelyn I believe we haven't met. Have you joined the board recently?

EDIT: Extending welcome to the newly joined.

Hello Zar, nice to meet you. :-)

I joined a few weeks ago. It's so nice to know there are other 'thronies' out in the world. My family and friends think I'm a tad eccentric with my devotion to GRRM (and Tolkien, as well).

This thread in particular is very nice. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hello Zar, nice to meet you. :-)

I joined a few weeks ago. It's so nice to know there are other 'thronies' out in the world. My family and friends think I'm a tad eccentric with my devotion to GRRM (and Tolkien, as well).

This thread in particular is very nice. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Tolkien and GRRM?

what a fine taste you have :-)

Congratulations Bucky :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: on the win :cheers:. I think i will definitely change my avatar for this thread :) and i have a perfect one in mind but have to wait for tomorrow to change it.

To all my fellow spammers have a great night or those waking up in a bit have a great morning :grouphug:.

So, today in class when I was discussing the Roman hostage system, I was going to be really topical and describe it with a Game of Thrones reference and talk about Theon, but no one in the class admitted to reading the books or watching the show.

I'm sad.

Tammy, the issue of non-book readers plagues me in every english class. There are a few people in my class that watch the show but nobody else reads the books, and we're studying Hamlet!

Why would Gertrude not become regent like Cersei? She didn't get married again, much less to Stannis or Renly. Why didn't GRRM even try to disguise the OphElia and Laertes/Oberyn thing?

The only thing worse than people who watch the show but don't read the books is people that do neither.

So, today in class when I was discussing the Roman hostage system, I was going to be really topical and describe it with a Game of Thrones reference and talk about Theon, but no one in the class admitted to reading the books or watching the show.

I'm sad.

Really, wow? I was once teaching about medieval knights and jousting to eleven year olds, and one sparky boy went, "Miss, I know a program you'd enjoy watching." I expected him to say Merlin (Britain's kiddy version of GoT), but no... I then asked the whole class how many of them have at least seen an episode of Game of Thrones and at least 50% put their hands up. Really hard now to NOT make references.

Congrats, Bucky! =o)

My favorite flowers... roses, lilies (I like the idea being the liliam inter spinas^^), sun flowers, and I guess I missed some. Will post them later.

Thank you!

Sunflowers! How could I forget those? :bang: Of course I also love sunflowers.

All I have time for is a flyby. Congrats, Bucky! :cheers: I've changed my av to my favorite flower - the cherry blossoms on my arm. ;) And I may switch to my blue roses in a few days.

Thank you too. What a pretty tattoo you have. :)

Congratulations Bucky!!!!! Well done. I've been really busy. Haven't been on the forum much at all. I'm not ignoring you guys. :) Next week things will slow down some.

Thanks! *curtsey* I wish your stress calms down and you have more time to keep us updated. ;)

I like those two most. You must be really devoted to gardening. :)

Congratulations Bucky on the win . I think i will definitely change my avatar for this thread :) and i have a perfect one in mind but have to wait for tomorrow to change it.

Thank you, CROW! :grouphug: I am looking forward to your new face ... :leer:

(Sorry, had to delete your smileys)

Archived