Season 3 Character Posters

Westeros

Woulda liked a Roose

Roose is still a background character and I think the producers are keeping much of his, Ramsay and Theon's roles in secret. That's the only reason I see why they kept Theon out of the teaser and made no poster for him, considering he is a main character. There's no excuse for Stannis and Davos being out.

Roose is still a background character and I think the producers are keeping much of his, Ramsay and Theon's roles in secret. That's the only reason I see why they kept Theon out of the teaser and made no poster for him, considering he is a main character. There's no excuse for Stannis and Davos being out.

Well, Davos is supposedly dead

Or Sam, who's a POV in SoS and has been around since season 1. Davos is a POV as well, but because he's supposedly dead I can understand, but still.

It's not really that important, unless it reflects screen time and my fear is that it will. Again, nothing against the Hound, I know lots of people love him and I like him too, but he should be a supporting character like in the books, imo. Unpopular opinion, I know.

But isn't that the point in some ways? Jaime shouldn't look anything like he did at the beginning of the story.

I never said it wasn't xD but yeah , being dragged around the countryside by Brienne with no baths or clean clothes would end up making him look like a hobo ahaha

I'm a bit at a loss as to why the Hound is made to be such a central character for this season. I mean, he's important but not that important.

Yeah I feel like they should've had Stannis, Beric or EVEN Roose or Ramsay. But HBO are being stubborn bastards with Ramsay despite literally everyone knowing Iwan Rheon's 'boy' is him.

Yeah I feel like they should've had Stannis, Beric or EVEN Roose or Ramsay. But HBO are being stubborn bastards with Ramsay despite literally everyone knowing Iwan Rheon's 'boy' is him.

The reason they're being so cagey about Ramsay is because if a non book reader hears him being called his full, unbastardified name it will spoil the RW for them. (assuming they put two and two together). Afterall, Ramsay wasn't in ASOS at all, anyway.

I like how HBO are not revealing anything about the RW in the trailers. There will be enough clues in the episode themselves, I'm sure - no need for them to reference it in the trailer.

Umm Davos? No one knows if he survived Blackwater, they can't plaster his face on a poster :P

Same with Theon/Winterfell

They might have wanted to leave Sam's fate ambiguous as well. Not to mention it's not exactly easy to make him look badass. It would've been pretty funny to see everyone with their angry glares and then Sam with a confused smile.

Just a thought, but maybe the picture of Sansa isn't her wearing the hairnet for the PW, but her hairstyle for her wedding?

We don't have a good, high-def shot yet of Sansa at her wedding (for good reason, since the wedding's a big twist), but there are these pictures of what is almost certainly Sansa in her wedding dress, and what we see looks a lot like her hairstyle in the promo shot, which would explain the unusual (for her) jewels in her hair on the character poster. Her wedding dress has a bit of an unusual neckline for her (a bit of a high and stiff collar at the back and sides of her neck rounding down, almost like a Mandarin-type collar, instead of her usual collarless kimono-style gowns), and if you look closely at the character poster, whatever she's wearing in that photograph has a similar neckline.

...I guess it's always possible that she wears a similar dress to the PW that she wears to the wedding, but all the other dresses she's been wearing in promotional materials/set photographs/trailers are the usual kimono-style gowns.

Archived