HBO Sends Out a Synopsis

Westeros

I'm sure that's going to happen.

A desperate naive teenager, believing a drunken fart could possible save her? I don't know, I think they could make it work.

After he wasn't smart enough to save himself, and she had to save him in Ep 2:1? I don't see it.

Even with all her stuff about the songs, and stories that Sansa loves - basically her fantasy world that they visited briefly in the first season, it was barely believable in the books. At times I was thinking, "what kind of learning disability does Sansa have?"

But adding Sophie to the mix got rid of that in pretty short order. Yes, her Sansa is on the hopeful romantic side, and still has dreams, but she has learned very well to survive. If they made her any more naïve, she'd be over the top comic, and that would be bad. I like series Sansa much better than book Sansa.

I notice IMDB lists Ian Whyte as being in episode 1 season 3, but does not identify who he plays.

I could also swear that I remember Laura Pradelska has been mentioned as being on set as Quaithe.

Guess HBO can't list everybody , Quaithe has a really fleeting role in season 2, yet her two scenes are memorable.

I think Pradelska had more screen time than Rattleshirt.

I do not think that any TV viewer really roots for her or hopes that she finds happiness or a rich husband or whatever. She is just a background character that the main guys talk to. IMO, most TV watchers don't notice that the whore is the same one in every scene.

I dunno, I watched the TV series first and I root for Ros. She was actually one of the first characters I knew by name, whereas someone like Maester Luwin remained 'the old guy who taught Bran' until I read the books.

It's actually been pretty funny to see all the hate towards her, Asha/Yara and Talisa on here. It makes me glad I watched the show before reading the books.

I love Ciaran Hinds but I still can't get over Henry Ian Cusick not being Mance Rayder.

Love. Him.

It's actually been pretty funny to see all the hate towards her, Asha/Yara and Talisa on here. It makes me glad I watched the show before reading the books.

Totally agree.

I'm disappointed that they've cut Dany's final ACoK chapter. It was honestly one of the highlights of the book for me. But it's just confirmed my belief that she'll be finished in Astapor by episode 5 at the latest.

I don't know where IMDB gets their info. For instance the first episode of season 3 has an extensive listing of characters I , sort of expected, to be there (Their other episode listings seem to just have place holders.)

Ian McElhinney' name does not appear there, just a wild guess, Arstan Whitebeard as a character has been eliminated.

One also wonders when Dany meets him? In Astapor? We have stills of Ian in what looks like the negations for the Unsullied.

Well that at least eliminates the silly story of him being Strong Belwas's 'squire'. That was a piece of George's being a little too playful, didn't make a lick of sense.

So does he reveal himself as Barristan Selmy right off.

Never could understand why Jorah Mormont did not recognize him right off having , surely, spent time in Westeros , enough to know who he is.

Pretty sure IMDB is edited by members and or the actors/agents themselves.

For example, If I know that Peter Dinklage appears in ep1 and notice that he isn't already on the list I can add him. (If I have an account)

It can be telling though, Agent's may put their actors in the episode they appear before the show airs.

Episode 1 has pretty much every actor in it, which of course is just not true. That's only because submitter's don't know which episode everyone appears in.

But if you look through the episodes, you can see that some actors and extras are in specific episodes. That may be their agents wanting to flaunt their credits as early as possible.

So right now, (And to be taken with a grain of salt) you can see that Lysa and Robin Arryn appear in ep7 and most of the Freys in episode 9.

I think they bailed on Dontos because Sophie's Sansa is waaaay too smart to follow or believe a drunk like Dontos. It wouldn't play true for TV. At. All.

Agree. TV Sansa is not the naive girl book Sansa is. The actress looks far too old for it, she could never play that little girl dreaming of Florian. If they let her stay as passive as book Sansa a character that looks so very grownup already would seem outright dumb. TV Sansa, and I prefer her very much to book Sansa, can and should show initiative where the book character doesn't, she is not the pretty dreamy princess waiting to be saved.

At the beginning I outright disliked the choice of Sophie Turner as being too tall, too broad shouldered, too old, but by now I have come to see her as slightly different character with far more plot possibilities and maybe a different attitude towards being active than the more passive, observing book Sansa.

Does anyone think that Dontos' role as a go-between will be taken over by Ros? She needs something to do, and her new tie to Varys could make that interesting.

I cant think of anything that she could do for Varys considering her "talents".

Archived