EW Features Game of Thrones

Westeros

EW, with its bevy of exclusive interviews now being posted, has gone the extra mile: it latest issue is a Game of Thrones extravaganza, starting right with its cover featuring Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke in costume as Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.

1251-EW-COVER.jpg

EW has more information about what to expect… including a nice, spoilerish synopsis of some season highlights:

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

weddings is plural as in two or more.

The beauty and the beast wedding and the RW are both going to happen this season.

Yes but there's nothing wild about that first wedding. I don't believe the PW will be this year either anymore but I thought I'd feed the flames anyway.

Yes but there's nothing wild about that first wedding. I don't believe the PW will be this year either anymore but I thought I'd feed the flames anyway.

The fact that Sansa is suddenly forced to marry Tyrion is pretty wild. The audience won't see it coming and Sansa will obviously hate it, as Tyrion is basically the opposite of the kind of person the audience knows she wants to marry.

The fact that Sansa is suddenly forced to marry Tyrion is pretty wild. The audience won't see it coming and Sansa will obviously hate it, as Tyrion is basically the opposite of the kind of person the audience knows she wants to marry.

Agreed. Sansa and Tyrion getting married seems to be up there with Jaime's hand, the RW, and (to a lesser extent) the PW as the most shocking twists in ASOS. Nothing crazy or wild happens at the Sansa/Tyrion wedding, but the fact of the wedding itself is wild, given the two characters involved. I remember finding the Sansa/Tyrion wedding almost as shocking as the RW when I read ASOS.

Dany and Jon look almost coupley there. Some deliberate foreshadowing or a coincidence?

The Dany/Jon shippers are going to have a field day with that cover. Let the Photoshopping begin!

Is this the only EW cover we're going to get? Last year there were several variants, if I recall correctly.

That's well played by EW. Dany/Jon is probably the largest shipper group out there. Plus put them together with the words "Wild Weddings" next to them. Well played to get those shippers to buy.

All that being said, I do remember reading last year EW asking HBO and D&D for cover ideas, etc.

So, I don't know how much D&D know about the end of the story, but if the same is the case this year, and D&D suggested these two to EW...well...that is interesting. I'll say that.

The Dany/Jon shippers are going to have a field day with that cover. Let the Photoshopping begin!

Is this the only EW cover we're going to get? Last year there were several variants, if I recall correctly.

My heart's aflutter already, thinking of changing my avatar - no photoshopping needed ;)

The RW is a pivotal scene this season. If they pull it off with as much punch and wieghtiness as the book then it'll be huge. If they botch it it will cast a giant pall on the whole season. Good to know the crew got emotionally drained by it, suggests we're in for a great scene.

Just read it. I'm so excited.

My favourite part that I now can't wait to see:

Margaery happily says to Cersei “We’re going to be sisters soon, we should be friends”

Cersei takes her hand, smiles and says “You ever call me sister again, I’ll have you strangled in your sleep”

Bitch Cersei FTW

Just read this article in Entertainment Weekly. Key bit I spotted was the phrase "Over on the Thrones set, showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss sit at wooden table that’s lavishly adorned for King Joffrey’s dinner feast."

Now I'm not one for desperate speculation, but could this be a hint towards a certain event that many are wondering whether it will be in S3 or S4?

http://insidetv.ew.c...dragon-changes/

There's the article, it's the third paragraph down. Now it could just be any old feast, but you never know...

Just read this article in Entertainment Weekly. Key bit I spotted was the phrase "Over on the Thrones set, showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss sit at wooden table that’s lavishly adorned for King Joffrey’s dinner feast."

Now I'm not one for desperate speculation, but could this be a hint towards a certain event that many are wondering whether it will be in S3 or S4?

http://insidetv.ew.c...dragon-changes/

There's the article, it's the third paragraph down. Now it could just be any old feast, but you never know...

We have clearly seen The Queen of Thorns and Loras Tyrell at a (feastly) dinner table in the Making-Of-Videos, and this may be what the article referred to.

Jon + Dany, an ice and fire pairing!

I know I'm being nitpicky, but as a firm R+L=J believer I hate seeing Jon and Dany referred to as ice and fire, since I think Jon himself is ice/fire.

That said, I really love that cover. I stopped subscribing to EW years ago, but I may have to pick this one up.

Archived