Emmy Game of Thrones Webcast

Westeros

I found it interesting that in George's original meeting with D&D he asked them who they thought Jon Snow's mother was and by the look on George's face they thought they got it right. I'm guessing they said Lyanna.

Lyanna seems like the obvious choice, but George was surprised, right? Could they have mentioned someone other than Lyanna? Ashara or Elia perhaps?

I found it interesting that in George's original meeting with D&D he asked them who they thought Jon Snow's mother was and by the look on George's face they thought they got it right. I'm guessing they said Lyanna.

Well, they might have said Ashara Dayne or Elia Martell as well, any creative answer would have made him smile.

"There will be several more people taking the throne before the end."

I thought that was the most interesting quote of the night from GRRM

Seriously.

Even including Tommen, "several" implies more than two "before the end." I can only think of maybe three non-Tommen characters with a realistic, "I can see it" chance of taking the throne, tops, and I don't expect all three of them to take it before the end. I figured Tommen, Aegon (and bride, being whoever, probably Arianne), and then whoever's the "final" king/queen (probably whoever of Jon and Dany lives longer), and that's it. So yeah, I'm very, very, VERY curious about that little tidbit.

I was only able to start watching at the "who do you want to see on the iron throne?" question. What were the highlights from before that?

The biggest highlight before that was when they were asking who would you like to be if you weren't your character, and D&D answered as well, Benioff said he'd be Khal Drogo and Peter Dinklage looked towards Benioff and said "since he's Khal Drogo, I'll be Daenerys", or something along the lines of that. My eyes were watering, that was hilarious.

The biggest highlight before that was when they were asking who would you like to be if you weren't your character, and D&D answered as well, Benioff said he'd be Khal Drogo and Peter Dinklage looked towards Benioff and said "since he's Khal Drogo, I'll be Daenerys", or something along the lines of that. My eyes were watering, that was hilarious.

Ah Peter! Pretty much everything I caught him saying tonight was hilarious. I had to make sure not to laugh too loudly and wake my sleeping family. Maisie and Sophie were awesome as well. And Nikolaj's answer to the "who read the books" question really made me LOL

I heard new things from GRRM tonight. I am sure that some people follow much more closely than I, but I had never heard that he has plans to put several more people on the Iron Throne before he is done writing the series. That actually gave me a pleasant perk of the imagination.

That gave me hope that Stannis is still going to take the throne. I still don't think he will be the one final ruler, though, unfortunately :crying:

Anyway, this was the best panel I've ever seen, I think. I can't remember of any other panel that had me laughing as much as this one did.

That gave me hope that Stannis is still going to take the throne. I still don't think he will be the one final ruler, though, unfortunately :crying:

Anyway, this was the best panel I've ever seen, I think. I can't remember of any other panel that had me laughing as much as this one did.

Spoiler tag that if you don't mind.... If you don't know how, hit the edit button below your post and type <spoiler> Whatever your quote is </spoiler> except instead of using < and >use [ and ]

I didn't even consider Stannis, yet I guess that is still in the realm of possibilities. I thought of Aegon, possibly Littlefinger, Daenerys, and Jon Snow

Spoiler tag that if you don't mind.... If you don't know how, hit the edit button below your post and type <spoiler> Whatever your quote is </spoiler> except instead of using < and >use [ and ]

I didn't even consider Stannis, yet I guess that is still in the realm of possibilities. I thought of Aegon, possibly Littlefinger, Daenerys, and Jon Snow

I know, sorry. It's just that people never use spoiler tags in these forums, even in the news forum. All the other threads are filled with spoilers already, so I saw no harm in doing the same now :P

What did Nikolaj say that was so funny?

Earlier Maisie (after being asked if she read the books) said that her mom had read the book, and given her a summary of what happened to her character.

Once the question got to Nikolaj, he said that just like Maisie, his mom had read the books, and she also gave a good summary to him. :) But you had to see it.

BTW, a recording of the whole event can now be viewed here: http://winteriscomin...el-live-stream/

(forward to 10:00 for the actual panel to start)

A few thoughts:

- Lena Headey is gorgeous.

- I dont think there is any question that they guessed Lyanna Stark as Jon's mother, not saying its right, but Im positive that is what they guessed.

- The biggest take away I had is that they are going to kill numerous people off in the show, that dont die in the books. I dont think its any major major characters that get chapter titles, but I definitely think its noticeable and story changing.

- I understand how it is being an actor and having a process but I was still surprised that only Kit Harrington read the books.

- Maise, who briliiantly plays Arya has noticeably grown. I wonder if we will be able to tell or if they will hide it on screen.

- GRRM is starting to worry about getting the last two books out in time. Curious if this changes his process at all.

- Book 3 will be two seasons

- Books 4 and 5 will be recombined (obviously).

- Lena Headey is gorgeous.

Archived