Emmy Game of Thrones Webcast

Westeros

Is the playback loading really slow for anyone else too? It's buffering every few seconds.

Yeah, it was for me.

I had to pause a minute every 4 minutes or so. It then ran straight for 4 minutes and needed one more min for buffering. Didn't help when I left it to buffer for a few hours either.

But it wasn't too bad.

I really enjoyed the webcast and it was very entertaining.

Yeah, it was for me.

I had to pause a minute every 4 minutes or so. It then ran straight for 4 minutes and needed one more min for buffering. Didn't help when I left it to buffer for a few hours either.

But it wasn't too bad.

I really enjoyed the webcast and it was very entertaining.

The video is hosted here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/30106858

Try that instead of the Emmy website, I can watch it fine now.

I uploaded it to Youtube if that's easier for everyone. Took all night to render.

Enjoy.

You are my hero. Was really enjoying it but I had to watch it in like 4 minute segments as Night Gathers mentioned. Ustream is such an obnoxiously terrible site, TwitchTV should be the default by now, surely. Or hell, even YouTube.

Probably Shae actress who it wont happen till season 4

Leslie already knows the fate of her character

I took GRRM's answer to mean that in TWOW he killed off someone who was still alive as at the end of AFFC/ADWD. As Shae is already dead, that rules her out. So think of the female characters who are still alive, and also which ones of those might have asked George not to kill them off.

You are my hero. Was really enjoying it but I had to watch it in like 4 minute segments as Night Gathers mentioned. Ustream is such an obnoxiously terrible site, TwitchTV should be the default by now, surely. Or hell, even YouTube.

No problem my son.

When I return from Youtube, we'll talk about your mother, I promise.

*rides away*

He was actually talking to three actors/actresses before the event happened and realized that he'd killed all their characters in his books.

I think Kit will have an easier time reading DwD since he's actually in the book instead of just in one chapter like Feast.

~~~~~

There was another thing I found interesting. When GRRM said that more characters in the show were dead compared to the books. Besides Quarth I can't really think of too many examples of people alive in the books that aren't in the show. Am I forgetting some?

There are substitute examples I suppose like:

Tickler

I took GRRM's answer to mean that in TWOW he killed off someone who was still alive as at the end of AFFC/ADWD. As Shae is already dead, that rules her out. So think of the female characters who are still alive, and also which ones of those might have asked George not to kill them off.

Cersei? When asked (parahrase): "Who's going to sit on the IT in the end?" Martin said that there will be a lot before the end, and Cersei reacted, "Oh my God, I'm going to die!" (Something like that)

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I uploaded it to Youtube if that's easier for everyone. Took all night to render.

Enjoy.

Thank you, ser!

*Die Ustream, die*

No problem my son.

When I return from Youtube, we'll talk about your mother, I promise.

*rides away*

:lol: Brilliant.

I thought the "several people will sit on the throne before it's over" comment (paraphrasing) was quite revealing.

Kind of makes you wonder though...what happens to Tommen? Does he die like his Brother? Step down? Run away?

Will be interesting to see that play out. Also I was shocked to see D&D tell the story about GRRM asking the question in a forum that's about the show, when viewers are considerably more closed off to the notion that Wylla might not be Jon's mother, or that it's a big deal. He hesitated for a moment and then thought "Ok i'll just tell it." I bet GRRM was having a mini-heart attack going, "DON'T SAY A NAME!" regardless if they guessed right, which who knows, maybe they didn't and GRRM just liked that they had at least thought about it.

edit: edited for possible spoiler, oops.

Margaery Tyrell is

The Black Widow Virgin Queen of Westeros. Everyone she marries, dies, which of course doesn't bode well for Tommen.

As for the story about GRRM's question to D&D, it's actually already been mentioned in the LATIMES article that was posted yesterday afternoon, before the emmycast.

As others have said, I think George RR Martin came as close as he could to confirming R + L = JS without saying it. His reference to "many" people sitting upon the throne before the series is over I think will have a lot to do with the Aegon plot. That revenge killing for the Targaryen children seems a little to contrived for Martin however. Though having said that, I do not forsee either Tommen nor Myrcella making it out of TWOW, let alone the series, alive.

The R+L=J theory is probably true but I wonder how urgent it feels to viewers. Since Ned rode off in S1 ep. 1 there hasn't really been a moment in which viewers are reminded of Jon' parentage. And it won't become a prominent issue for at least 3 seasons.

The show isn't like the books in which people reread for clues andexplore every little detail.

Why would tv audiences still care if the show doesn't frequently zoom in on this specific mystery?

Take Mad Men season 1 as example. The whole season focuses on the mystery of Don's origins. That's why there's a dramatic pay off at the end of the season. Because of GoT's scope and plethora of characters, Jon's heritage simply lacks that kind of impact.

He was actually talking to three actors/actresses before the event happened and realized that he'd killed all their characters in his books.

I think Kit will have an easier time reading DwD since he's actually in the book instead of just in one chapter like Feast.

~~~~~

There was another thing I found interesting. When GRRM said that more characters in the show were dead compared to the books. Besides Quarth I can't really think of too many examples of people alive in the books that aren't in the show. Am I forgetting some?

There are substitute examples I suppose like:

Tickler

Irri & Rhakaro comes to mind.

The R+L=J theory is probably true but I wonder how urgent it feels to viewers. Since Ned rode off in S1 ep. 1 there hasn't really been a moment in which viewers are reminded of Jon' parentage. And it won't become a prominent issue for at least 3 seasons.

The show isn't like the books in which people reread for clues andexplore every little detail.

Why would tv audiences still care if the show doesn't frequently zoom in on this specific mystery?

Take Mad Men season 1 as example. The whole season focuses on the mystery of Don's origins. That's why there's a dramatic pay off at the end of the season. Because of GoT's scope and plethora of characters, Jon's heritage simply lacks that kind of impact.

They've made absolutely no mention of it, which doesn't surprise me. One of the biggest pieces of evidence for the theory comes from Dany's vision in the House of the Undying (blue rose in a crack on the wall) ... and they cut out most of the visions probably because of the obvious spoiler implications.

If the R + L = J theory proves true it will still have a big impact because you have one more person to contend Dany's claim to the throne. However, if it is revealed that Ned Stark is indeed his father by way of revealing one of the other women as his mother it won't really have an impact on the tv or the book series.

As for who sits the iron throne:

We know Joff dies but the TV audience does not. So there's one. I'm guessing Tommen dies in WOW and I don't see Myrcella sitting the iron throne so I'm betting on a Tyrell and/or Stanis, Aegon ... then Jon or Dany. My money is on Jon because I feel like Dany's misguided in her destiny (vying for the iron throne when she's really supposed to defeat the others) while Jon is going to end up in a reversed situation (which would still make him a good King given his first hand knowledge of the world beyond the wall.)

I wonder if they will do the Robb indicating that he wants Jon as his heir scene. It's such a little scene that can be ignored or could maybe have importance later on, but it's going to look a little silly if they don't refer to it at all and 4 seasons later, that becomes an important plot point.

- The biggest take away I had is that they are going to kill numerous people off in the show, that dont die in the books. I dont think its any major major characters that get chapter titles, but I definitely think its noticeable and story changing.

I hope they don't kill Tormund!!

They've made absolutely no mention of it, which doesn't surprise me. One of the biggest pieces of evidence for the theory comes from Dany's vision in the House of the Undying (blue rose in a crack on the wall) ... and they cut out most of the visions probably because of the obvious spoiler implications.

If the R + L = J theory proves true it will still have a big impact because you have one more person to contend Dany's claim to the throne. However, if it is revealed that Ned Stark is indeed his father by way of revealing one of the other women as his mother it won't really have an impact on the tv or the book series.

As for who sits the iron throne:

We know Joff dies but the TV audience does not. So there's one. I'm guessing Tommen dies in WOW and I don't see Myrcella sitting the iron throne so I'm betting on a Tyrell and/or Stanis, Aegon ... then Jon or Dany. My money is on Jon because I feel like Dany's misguided in her destiny (vying for the iron throne when she's really supposed to defeat the others) while Jon is going to end up in a reversed situation (which would still make him a good King given his first hand knowledge of the world beyond the wall.)

Meera and Jojen know about Jon's parents, since their father was with Ned at the ToJ. We might hear it hinted at through them this season.

Of course

Tommen dies. Everyone who marries Margaery dies without having sex with her.

As for R+L = J, and Dany ever sitting the IT :

So....yeah. The first several times I watched Season 2, especially ep 10, I, like many, kept thinking of all the things missing, even though I know they weren't possible without being both massively spoilerish and completely confusing to non-book readers. Still I didn't realize how much I was allowing that to cloud my judgement, and blind me from what was right there on the screen.

Then last night, after rewatching all of season 2 in prep for 3, and just to get my fix while these last two weeks crawl by, I finally just watched it, for it's own sake, just to enjoy the episode, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. We got a LOT of visions, and prophecies:

• KL is a burned-out ruin, along the lines of Harrenhall. (Dragons.)

• KL is a uselss husk and therefore, unimportant.

• (Jon) Snow on the Iron Throne

• Dany reaches for, but doesn't touch The Iron Throne - it will never be her's (directly), she has more important things to attend to (those she loves, which at the moment, are her dragons.)

• Dany must go beyond The Wall to find her Sun(Son)-and-Stars (Jon)

• Dany's Sun/Son-and-Stars is not dead, though many believe him to be. (Jon.) (Also she believes she is now unable to have a child.... but really can, as long as she finds Jon, north of The Wall.)

• Is that the state Dany will find Jon (the rightful heir to the the 7K) in when she arrives? (I hope not, since that will blow for Jon for what might be a long while.)

• "Until the Sun rises in the West, and sets in the East, until the rivers run dry, and the mountains blow like leaves in the wind...." kind of describes the frozen tundra of the north polar region (where every direction is south so east and west are wherever you really want them to be, the sun never sets or rises in summer, the rivers are dry with ice, and there is nothing but mountains of blowing snow.)

I am now, more than ever, convinced that R+L = J, especially after reading, and them repeating at the emmycast, that when D&D met GRRM the frist time, George asked them, "Who is Jon Snow's mother?" They answered, and George agreed to work with them.

Meera and Jojen know about Jon's parents, since their father was with Ned at the ToJ. We might hear it hinted at through them this season.

Of course

Tommen dies. Everyone who marries Margaery dies without having sex with her.

As for R+L = J, and Dany ever sitting the IT :

So....yeah. The first several times I watched Season 2, especially ep 10, I, like many, kept thinking of all the things missing, even though I know they weren't possible without being both massively spoilerish and completely confusing to non-book readers. Still I didn't realize how much I was allowing that to cloud my judgement, and blind me from what was right there on the screen.

Then last night, after rewatching all of season 2 in prep for 3, and just to get my fix while these last two weeks crawl by, I finally just watched it, for it's own sake, just to enjoy the episode, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. We got a LOT of visions, and prophecies:

• KL is a burned-out ruin, along the lines of Harrenhall. (Dragons.)

• KL is a uselss husk and therefore, unimportant.

• (Jon) Snow on the Iron Throne

• Dany reaches for, but doesn't touch The Iron Throne - it will never be her's (directly), she has more important things to attend to (those she loves, which at the moment, are her dragons.)

• Dany must go beyond The Wall to find her Sun(Son)-and-Stars (Jon)

• Dany's Sun/Son-and-Stars is not dead, though many believe him to be. (Jon.) (Also she believes she is now unable to have a child.... but really can, as long as she finds Jon, north of The Wall.)

• Is that the state Dany will find Jon (the rightful heir to the the 7K) in when she arrives? (I hope not, since that will blow for Jon for what might be a long while.)

• "Until the Sun rises in the West, and sets in the East, until the rivers run dry, and the mountains blow like leaves in the wind...." kind of describes the frozen tundra of the north polar region (where every direction is south so east and west are wherever you really want them to be, the sun never sets or rises in summer, the rivers are dry with ice, and there is nothing but mountains of blowing snow.)

I am now, more than ever, convinced that R+L = J, especially after reading, and them repeating at the emmycast, that when D&D met GRRM the frist time, George asked them, "Who is Jon Snow's mother?" They answered, and George agreed to work with them.

By that time THE GREAT OTHER will be astride the Iron Throne.

Why does everybody keep forgetting that Winter is REALLY coming?

So reading David Peterson's blog I find out Dan Hildebrand from the cast was there!

Noodling around on the WEB find out Ben Hawkey was not only there but interviewed.

Now just who was there at the premiere?

(Some very predominant show actors were not , that seems clear, but more of the 2nd stringers than I expected!)

Aidan Gillen is conspicuous on the Red Carpet but not a single interview.

Archived