College Basketball Tourney 2013: 60 down, 4 to go

Rhom

Damn, tough game tonight. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn all night, but our defense and rebounding bailed us out.

Michigan game should be great. This is our third Elite 8 in a row now, which is wild for us, but I'd sure like to get past this round this time. Last two years we've given up big leads late, hopefully we can close it out this year.

Go Gators!

Damn, tough game tonight. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn all night, but our defense and rebounding bailed us out.

Michigan game should be great. This is our third Elite 8 in a row now, which is wild for us, but I'd sure like to get past this round this time. Last two years we've given up big leads late, hopefully we can close it out this year.

Go Gators!

It was ugly, but a win is a win. Hopefully we got the shooting jitters out of our system tonight. I'm worried that our free throw shooting is going to cost us. I think the real championship game will be between Louisville and Duke on Sunday.

OSU look's to be done.

It was ugly, but a win is a win. Hopefully we got the shooting jitters out of our system tonight. I'm worried that our free throw shooting is going to cost us. I think the real championship game will be between Louisville and Duke on Sunday.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

Yeah, I think Michigan turned on a switch late against Kansas. Will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum through next weekend.

(Assuming they keep it up for the second half here...)

ARRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Yesterday, I was fine with the loss, but after watching Florida getting rolled up and smoked here in the first half I am pissed. We had Michigan beat, and even with pissing down our leg we still could have won with a made free throw, or a time out called before that ten second call. FUCK!

Apparently, if Louisville wins, this will be the first Final Four since 1985 without one of KU, UNC, Duke, UK, or UCLA. Dat crazy!

Wow, that is a tough way to end the half for Florida. Hopefully they bring it in the second half.

So what's the official Westeros over/under on Alford's tenure at UCLA?

I think I would set it at 3.5, but I might go as high as 4.5.

No way they fire him in less than 3 unless its a colossal cluster fuck. But I'm not convinced he will do well enough to warrant being kept around much longer.

They are playing really really well. McGary has made such a difference.

He really has. In fact, all of the freshman have been playing well. Glenn Robinson III was pretty good, and Stauskas killed Florida all day today with threes. What a great game! It seems like Syracuse has also really raised their level of play in the tournament though. Hope we can beat them.

So what's the official Westeros over/under on Alford's tenure at UCLA?

I think I would set it at 3.5, but I might go as high as 4.5.

No way they fire him in less than 3 unless its a colossal cluster fuck. But I'm not convinced he will do well enough to warrant being kept around much longer.

Yeah.. the ESPN commentators were blasting UCLA yesterday. Didn't realize Ben Howland had that kind of support.

I think ultimately this was a money decision for Alford. I'm not convinced anyone taking that position realistically thinks they're going to be given a fair chance to build a winning program but I could be wrong.

Archived