Football 39 - nous jouons au football ici

Zoë Sumra

We are shit.

DC United looked terrible yesterday. They came out in the same midfield diamond formation that they fielded against KC last week. I thought that meant they'd be at least solid through the middle and difficult to break down, but we were all over the play defensively in ways that I don't think that any formation would fix. Our attacked were too slow and lacking in creativity such that they had almost their whole team behind the ball by the time we got into the attacking third. DC United had maybe a couple decent chances all game.

All we were doing is slowly passing through midfield, failing to find a killer pass into the final third, then lumping it into the box and hoping someone gets lucky.

DC United looked terrible yesterday. They came out in the same midfield diamond formation that they fielded against KC last week. I thought that meant they'd be at least solid through the middle and difficult to break down, but we were all over the play defensively in ways that I don't think that any formation would fix. Our attacked were too slow and lacking in creativity such that they had almost their whole team behind the ball by the time we got into the attacking third. DC United had maybe a couple decent chances all game.

All we were doing is slowly passing through midfield, failing to find a killer pass into the final third, then lumping it into the box and hoping someone gets lucky.

Our passing in general was awful. Incredibly poor completion rates and no offensive plan whatsoever. As a friend put it to me yesterday, if you asked me what Olsen told the team to do on the attack, I couldn't tell you.

that was some comeback by hibs in the scottish cup semi final. 3-0 down to a 4-3 victory.

Through gritted teeth, I will admit that it was a heck of a comeback. The other semi also finished 4-3 after extra time, but was a bit more balanced (2-2 at half-time).

Now I have to cheer Celtic in the final. Can't have the Hibs breaking that 111-year losing streak. :P

Little bit nasty that from our sweet prince Aguero there... Lucky to still be on the pitch I'd say.

Edit: probably deserved that bit of street justice Torres just administered.

genius newcastle fans smashing up their own city. twats. don't they know you can get the metro down to sunderland for £3 and smash up the city down there, and it would be difficult to be prosecuted for it as you wouldn't be able to tell the difference after.

genius newcastle fans smashing up their own city. twats. don't they know you can get the metro down to sunderland for £3 and smash up the city down there, and it would be difficult to be prosecuted for it as you wouldn't be able to tell the difference after.

:(

Surely after smashing up Sunderland, they'd actually be celebrated for causing £'s of improvement to the locale?

Edit: This, however, might be my favourite part of that silly Newcastle riot:

Newcastle Fan Punches Police Horse During Post-Derby Riot, Possible Homage to Blazing Saddles

Contains a funny video of both the horse punching and the moron getting (rightfully) completely flattened immediately afterwards.

Archived