Football 39 - nous jouons au football ici

Zoë Sumra

@AlexT:

keep in mind that far eastern profit is a substantial part of what keeps those star players in english teams.

one might say that moving a cup final 2 hours later is not that big a price to pay.

EDIT:

also, just for arguments sake... do you mind middle eastern profit as well? ;)

I just don't like how fans of the clubs from the actual home cities are deemed less important.

Got no problem with making profit in football per se.

And Middle Eastern money is fine. Our owners are righteous and admirable human beings :)

Holy crap! NBC Sports announced their EPL broadcast plans in the US and... It's exactly what I want. EXACTLY. And it isn't going to cost me more than I pay now and I think it might even be less.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130416/english-premier-league-nbc-tv-coverage/

Games not being shown on regular NBC Sports broadcast channel will be available on overflow channels. Matches streamable once you've authenticated as someone who receives NBC Sports.

This is a dream come true.

Did NBC get Sir Ian Darke too?

No. As things stand he'll still be doing USMNT, World Cup and I think another thing or two for ESPN, but no more EPL. I am told the presenters they have are good, though. I didn't actually notice that they said who they were using.

I'm slightly torn about yesterday's match.

We were lucky not to get Gibson sent off, and also that Giroud didn't bring his shooting boots. However, we did produce chances of our own, didn't lie down like we tend to - and we really needed three points. So while I can't be too disappointed with the draw, neither can I be happy.

I'll settle for being conflicted.

I'm slightly torn about yesterday's match.

We were lucky not to get Gibson sent off, and also that Giroud didn't bring his shooting boots. However, we did produce chances of our own, didn't lie down like we tend to - and we really needed three points. So while I can't be too disappointed with the draw, neither can I be happy.

I'll settle for being conflicted.

A good point you earned last night. It would be excellent if Everton sneaked into that last Champion's League place. Not many other clubs that could do with, or deserve, a little cash injection as much!

I just don't like how fans of the clubs from the actual home cities are deemed less important.

Got no problem with making profit in football per se.

And Middle Eastern money is fine. Our owners are righteous and admirable human beings :)

you are not deemed less important. it's not as if the match was at 9 a.m. so that it would be in prime time in japan.

if you'd rather have everything perfectly suited to local fans at the cost of seeing majority of non-brittish star player leave for italian and spanish league over the next 3-5 years, you're well within your rights to complain. otherwise, just suck it up and enjoy watching tevez, aguero, silva, toure etc. on your team every week ;)

i haven't had the pleasure of meeting man city's owners, but i'll take your word on it ;)

How about Gomez and his six minute hat trick? Munich is loaded. Sad that they and Barcelona are not the final.

I'll simply say what I said to my son: this way, you get to see them play each other twice instead of once. ;)

Archived