Jaime *cannot* be the valonqar

Moon-Pale Maiden

to what J. Stargaryen posted I would add

Between them, the Two Kings (Highgarden and Casterly Rock) had six-hundred banners flying, five thousand mounted knights, and ten times as many freeriders and men-at-arms . . . Near four thousand men had burned that day, among them King Mern of the Reach. King Loren had escaped

King Loren Lannister was captured, and later let go.

A combined force of a similar number, perhaps 50,000 composed of Lannister and Tyrell forces, lead by Lord Mace Tyrell of Highgarden and Ser Jaime Lannister, will meet Dany and her dragons for a second Field of Fire. Mace Tyrell will die in the battle, and Jaime will be captured. Tyrion will set Jaime free, to repay Jaime for his debt for freeing him.

Jaime gets a golden hand to replace the one he lost; the Hand of the King usually wears a golden hand of some form on his person to signify his position. This foreshadows Jaime finally accepting Cersei's offer for the position of the Hand. After Mace Tyrell dies, Cersei will replace Mace with Jaime as her Hand. Jaime will accept, as Cersei will have grown increasingly mentally unstable, after the events of ADwD Epilogue and Tommen's death. Jaime will remain Hand just to keep things running. Like Tyrion did with Shae, Jaime will wrap the Hand's chain, consisting of golden hands, around Cersei's throat and choke her to death.

:agree: this is certainly a long game option but the idea of a Mark Anthony and Cleopatra kind of moment is pretty epic, I can't see how the BWB could hope to threaten Jamie into killing Cersei, it's not like they'd just take his word for it really right? Unless Thoros has some sort of magic to force him to keep a promise

I'm not sure if anyone has made another post about this, if you have, I apologize. I did search and didn't find anything specific, so I'm going to go ahead.

This seems really simple, maybe too simple, but I can't get past it at the moment.

Jaime cannot be the valonqar because he only has one hand. The golden hand cannot choke anyone because 1. its shaped half-closed for holding wine goblets, and 2. it can't produce pressure.

The prophecy clearly states that the valonqar will wraps his hands (plural) around her pale throat. Unless Jaime is regrowing a hand anytime soon, it's not going to happen.

So that's my take. What do you think? Too obvious?

Thats a very mute argument.

Besides hes rich, he can just have a grabbing golden hand made.

It's obvious that Jaime can't be the valonqar because he's on his way to meet Lady Stoneheart by the end of ADwD...

What is Lady Stoneheart going to do?

Accept his apologies for Roose Bolton sticking a sword in Robb's heart and saying, "Jaime Lannister sends his regards."?

*edited for grammar*

:agree: this is certainly a long game option but the idea of a Mark Anthony and Cleopatra kind of moment is pretty epic, I can't see how the BWB could hope to threaten Jamie into killing Cersei, it's not like they'd just take his word for it really right? Unless Thoros has some sort of magic to force him to keep a promise

You're forgetting their fancy ability to see the future in the flames. Even if they're sometimes wrong, with what happened to Jon and Davos it seems pretty clear that they get legitimate visions while looking into the flames. If they saw Jaime killing her, I think that'd be good enough for them, as they trust R'hllor completely.

Although I do think Jaime is the valonqar, the prophecy could refer to Stannis. Not only is Stannis Robert's younger brother, he's also Cercei's younger brother-in-law. Does Stannis know that Cercei is responsible for Robert's death? Stannis choked Mel following Renly's death...(or was that just tv-Stannis, I don't remember for sure).

i think it would be more subtle than that. It could be argued Jaime already wrapped hands around Cersei's throat - by ignoring her plea to help her. Another valonqar did it already before with his letters. Another valonqar may lead to her continued downfall - Kevan basically removed her as Regent. We don¨t know what is with Loras... So a lot of valonqars are wrapping their hands and choking her. Step by step...

I think if she hurt Tommen and/or caused Myrcella's death, Jaime will not go for strangling but for sword...

Although I do think Jaime is the valonqar, the prophecy could refer to Stannis. Not only is Stannis Robert's younger brother, he's also Cercei's younger brother-in-law. Does Stannis know that Cercei is responsible for Robert's death? Stannis choked Mel following Renly's death...(or was that just tv-Stannis, I don't remember for sure).

The Hound, Victarion, so many younger brothers with two big hands capable of wrapping who have something against Cersei. The only guy completely out of the running is Elder Brother. And Jaime.

there seems to be a lot of assumption that he will be using his current prosthesis for the job. its entirely possibly he can have another made. just thought id point that out

One would think he would make a sword fighting one or even a fork grasping one first. I guess he could use lobstered steel for grasping - not sure how he would work the mechanism AND use both hands for strangling.

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/base/core.php on line 1200

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/base/core.php on line 1162

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 835

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/base/core.php on line 1162

Funny, I was sure that Jaime's comment in this last episode was sure to send this thread into a fit. LOL maybe it's just because we're not supposed to discuss the episodes here.

What comment?

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/base/core.php on line 1200

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 835

Literally choked Qyburn and said "I don't need my right hand to kill you"

Well that was in the book. The issue is that maegi clearly says "hands" not hand.

It's obvious that Jaime can't be the valonqar because he's on his way to meet Lady Stoneheart by the end of ADwD...

What is Lady Stoneheart going to do?

Accept his apologies for Roose Bolton sticking a sword in Robb's heart and saying, "Jaime Lannister sends his regards."?

*edited for grammar*

You don't know what's going to happen. Who's to say Brienne is definitely taking him to LS, or if she is, that they'll reach her, and if they do, that LS will kill him. Of course LS will kill him given the chance, but she might not get the chance, its unknown. I'm certainly not going to lock in that Jamie is dead, not yet, not even close.

• 4 weeks later...

Valonqar is Valyrian for little brother.

Who is of Valyrian blood that is also her brother?

Stannis, who not only could, but almost surely pull a Wayne Brady on Cersei.

Not sure if this has been mentioned (because I doubt there are any original ideas left!), but Brown Ben Plumm is a Second Son and doesn't he get along okay with the dragons (i.e, some Targ/Valyrian blood)? Not sure what reason he would have for killing Cersei, but there are still a couple of books left to develop that plot. IIRC, he's promised a reward if helps Tyrion win Casterly Rock, so maybe it has to do with that.

The only monarchs I could imagine Jaime killing Cersei to protect would be Tommen or Myrcella, and it's hard to imagine either of them still on the throne by the time he gets back to Cersei.

Now this would be cool.

I'd love a scenario involving Jaime killing Cersei defending Daenerys, whether knowingly or not. Sort of a karmic full-circle for his failure to defend Elia and Rheanys.

Maybe, but Stannis did say this:

"Would that all the lords of the Seven Kingdoms had but a single neck..."

I think Stannis is a great and underrated candidate. Stannis does now and then make indications that this is personal for him, he is the valonqar to King Robert, and in many ways the Queen Regent (well, only Queen Dowager now....) is indeed the neck of her kingdom.

I'd love a scenario involving Jaime killing Cersei defending Daenerys, whether knowingly or not. Sort of a karmic full-circle for his failure to defend Elia and Rheanys.

Jaime is not going to kill his sister for Cersei. As said before only Myrcella and Tommen could make him hurt his sister. Either to save them or in anger if she hurt them.

I don't think some form of magic will compel Jaime to kill Cersei, but he knows that she plans to revive Aerys's plan to burn down KL and in part in service to his true king, Jon, when R+L=J is revealed, in a way redeeming himself as a member of the KG. While he is strangling her she will take his sword from its sheath and mortally wound him.

Jaime is not going to kill his sister for Daenerys. As said before only Myrcella and Tommen could make him hurt his sister. Either to save them or in anger if she hurt them.

Oh, I highly doubt it'd happen - if it did, there'd have to be more going on, such as a threat to Brienne, the death of his children, etc., - than just her. However, I'd still find it both amusing and poignant if this were to happen.

Archived