why all the littlefinger hate?

thegreatwhitebear

I see now ppl aren't even debating anymore just saying what they want. So what if at the end h e ends up with all the power, the woman, and gold and everyone else is dead? See funny thing about these books and this author, no one knows what will happen, just like real life so to make a statement like such and such will die is ludicrous. Bc I'm sure that everyone who does bad things gets punished while the world is populated by angels, give me a break. Lol that's incredibly naive

LF doesn't need divine punishment for being bad. We can see clear cases of his limits and flaws that will be more than adequate to bring himself down. His need for affirmation and recognition for his cleverness is a really significant weakness for his line of work (trying to be a puppet master). Further, his information network seems much less developed than, say, Varys'. Thirdly, he is either unable or unwilling to actually understand people and their true motivations beyond simply figuring out "what they want." He's not stupid, but he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

The things I do for butterballs.

don't tempt me.

ho, you keep telling yourself that.

Keep telling myself what? I was speaking tongue in cheek about him winning it all, all I'm saying is it's possible irregardless of how much you would hate it. If you want an answer to what I think will happen ask and ill tell you, but sorry if you feel that every wrong is punished. For a real life prospective look at the cia getting away with allowing drug trafficking in the 80s and early 90s. It was proven but not punished and all those convicted were immediately pardoned by the president. So enjoy the happy ending that sends you.

He claims to have paid a man "in boys". He supplies a paedophile with children. He has absolutely no morals whatsoever. He isn't actively evil like Ramsey or Gregor, but he's the next worst thing.

He's a great character, but it's obvious why people hate him.

actually I think these three should share their gold medal in being worst human being in westeros

-he betrayed Ned

-he smashed one chance of happiness to sansa(the Tyrell wedding)

-he used Sansa to bring venom to the PW

-he manipulated Sansa to fall into his power

-he is using the daughter of the love of his life as substitute to the mother

-he is creepy

Why do i hate him?

he forced jeyne poole to prostitution should also be added

Not only because he's a smug, self serving bastard, but because many of his "fans" are the most obnoxious and overly vocal fanbase in ASOIAF...

i too find this white washing equally disturbing and amusing

he is the best player, but this do not mean that dead characters were bad ones(some were0, but even the best player will have troubles when factors he couldn't control happen(R+L=J or the Others).

I full heartly disagree on that. I find illyrio and varys better players. and they didn't sacrifice their human decency for power

I hate him because of what he did to Jeyne Poole and because he is a terrible person.

that sums irt up nicely

I generally don`t like that Machiavellian types such as LF.

Betraying Ned is just the tip of iceberg, but what he did to Jeyne Poole is the part of iceberg below water. He maybe excells in Game, but as a human being he`s poor little boy who has it all now, and yet won`t have anything at the end.

I too think he'll drown in a sea of betrayal

obviously! I giggle at everyone who thinks LF is awesome... your homeboy is going down in one of the next two books!

I think it's even in the middle of the next one

LF doesn't need divine punishment for being bad. We can see clear cases of his limits and flaws that will be more than adequate to bring himself down. His need for affirmation and recognition for his cleverness is a really significant weakness for his line of work (trying to be a puppet master). Further, his information network seems much less developed than, say, Varys'. Thirdly, he is either unable or unwilling to actually understand people and their true motivations beyond simply figuring out "what they want." He's not stupid, but he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

don't tempt me.

That's something I agree with. His sin is vanity (sp?) And If left unchecked will ruin him. Though I feel that he's still a fun character. The antihero who has worked very hard to get what he has. Plus his wit makes him a run read.

Keep telling myself what? I was speaking tongue in cheek about him winning it all, all I'm saying is it's possible irregardless of how much you would hate it. If you want an answer to what I think will happen ask and ill tell you, but sorry if you feel that every wrong is punished. For a real life prospective look at the cia getting away with allowing drug trafficking in the 80s and early 90s. It was proven but not punished and all those convicted were immediately pardoned by the president. So enjoy the happy ending that sends you.
you keep telling yourself that the story operates like real life.

you keep telling yourself that the story operates like real life.

I'm not saying its real life, I'm saying its unpredictable just like life. If it was predictable, robb wouldve killed all the lannisters, after joining forces with renly and stanis, then marched to the wall, joined up with lord snow and wiped the Boltons, others, and wildlings off the planet and dany and jon would meet fall in love and sit the iron throne or some other bs...

obviously! I giggle at everyone who thinks LF is awesome... your homeboy is going down in one of the next two books!

And the proof of that it? Probably will be killed by Ned who "got better" they will merrily go to the rebuild Winterfell(by magic dwarves ofcource) and live happily..

That's something I agree with. His sin is vanity (sp?) And If left unchecked will ruin him. Though I feel that he's still a fun character. The antihero who has worked very hard to get what he has. Plus his wit makes him a run read.

Worked hard? Do you mean when his father befriended a Lord Paramount, when he screwed the Lord Paramount's daughter or when the previously mentioned woman married another Lord Paramount that was very close to a king?

Worked hard? Do you mean when his father befriended a Lord Paramount, when he screwed the Lord Paramount's daughter or when the previously mentioned woman married another Lord Paramount that was very close to a king?

Yep, that's REAL hard work right there...

Probably will be killed by Ned who "got better" they will merrily go to the rebuild Winterfell(by magic dwarves ofcource) and live happily..

hey! if magic giants could help build the wall why can't magic dwarves help build winterfell? what's good for the giant is good for the dwarf. equal rights for the dwarves!

Just because you think that Littlefinger is a great player of the Game of Thrones and will be a major player in the next two books does not mean you are a Littlefinger "fan". I think he is a horrible person and hope that he will come to a terrible ending but that does not blind me to the fact that he has managed to go from being a minor lord over one of the smallest holdings in the kingdom to the Lord Protector of the Vale and the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and the Ruler of Harrenhall in a few short years and managed to do all that with almost no one realizing he was behind so much of the chaos. That's impressive and that's why I respect his game playing skills.

Sure, he's intelligent and very skilled at his craft, there's no denying that.

However, that doesn't make up for being one of the, if not the, main driving force behind the Wot5K (all for his self-interest), betraying his love's husband, turning the Vale into his puppet state, what he does to Jeyne Pool (and presumably other women to use as ''tools'') and his incredibly creepy emotionnal abuse of Sansa (not even going into the pedophilia part). Far from it. You can respect the man's cunning but he's still one of the most morally bankrupt characters in the series, directly or indirectly responsible for more deaths than any other person, probably.

I also didn't like his Vale arc because it seemed like his mere presense made everyone dumb. I mean, Lysa's behavior around him was completely ridiculous, I get that she's in love and not quite right in the head but christ she sounded even more stupid and naive than Sansa in GoT. Then the Lords of the Vale also sound incredibly dumb and meek when they go meet him in the Eyrie. I get that he arranged the whole spectacle and they kinda underestimated him, but mature, experienced nobles should not be so easily impressed, it's a wonder the Vale is still standing when its leaders are apparently so incompetent and gullible.

Archived