[Book Spoilers] Season 3 Finale?

mystikherb

Ros = hanging above Tyrion's bed just like daddy promised. Dead

I would love this.

But most of the rest I'm not sure, I think PW is likely, but even that is definitely up in the air and could go in either season at this point - I think Tyrion's trial and all that follows will almost certainly be season 4. His escape might even be way at the end of next season. I also don't think the hound & Arya will split til next season, and based on the book I'm not sure Stannis will make it to the wall either, but then I don't know what else he could do all season so that's a maybe.

I would love this.

But most of the rest I'm not sure, I think PW is likely, but even that is definitely up in the air and could go in either season at this point - I think Tyrion's trial and all that follows will almost certainly be season 4. His escape might even be way at the end of next season. I also don't think the hound & Arya will split til next season, and based on the book I'm not sure Stannis will make it to the wall either, but then I don't know what else he could do all season so that's a maybe.

i know that the Viper/Martells of Dorne are important to the story & im not suggesting cutting them out, just that we dont need them this season. while the trial is cool & shows all characters sitting up there giving their views on the imp. but i can see it being cut out to move the SoS story along. have tyrion thrown in jail immemeditly. then a quick trial by combat where bronn kills the mountain(dont worry qyburn will be around to make UnGregor) (different i know) cercesi says eff that i still want him dead. jamie shows up by episode 10 to let him go & do his thing. (which is kill Tywin/shae or ros) with joffs crossbow!

i would rather see tyrion in essos by season 4 (chillin with aegon or jorah). hes had enough of his family shitting on him in KL but thats just me. prolly joff dead season finale with the imp trial next season & escape at end but that is exactly what i dont want. a long drawn out storyarc that focuses on dinklage helping make other actors better. i would rather see him in a new situation like essos

(Maybe even in this order)

Nymerya taking Cat's corpse out of the water

Arya waking up, realizing the Hound has taken her and realizing what happened and grieving for it.

Tyrion and Sansa dinner+Sansa's grieving when Tyrion is gone

Lannisters review of the RW

Battle at Castle Black+Ygritte's death

Melissandre's review of the RW(Davos demands proof in episode 8) Some Gendry and Shireen scences?

Margaery at weddings preparation

Theon saying his name is Reek

Something delaying Jaime and Brienne's return until after the PW (episode3 of next season?)

Battle and Mhysha scene in Yunkai

Sam/Bran trespassing the Gate under the Nightfort.

i know that the Viper/Martells of Dorne are important to the story & im not suggesting cutting them out, just that we dont need them this season. while the trial is cool & shows all characters sitting up there giving their views on the imp. but i can see it being cut out to move the SoS story along. have tyrion thrown in jail immemeditly. then a quick trial by combat where bronn kills the mountain(dont worry qyburn will be around to make UnGregor) (different i know) cercesi says eff that i still want him dead. jamie shows up by episode 10 to let him go & do his thing. (which is kill Tywin/shae or ros) with joffs crossbow!

i would rather see tyrion in essos by season 4 (chillin with aegon or jorah). hes had enough of his family shitting on him in KL but thats just me. prolly joff dead season finale with the imp trial next season & escape at end but that is exactly what i dont want. a long drawn out storyarc that focuses on dinklage helping make other actors better. i would rather see him in a new situation like essos

It could happen. I totally agree about not needing the Martells for the wedding, I wouldn't mind at all if PW was this season, but I'd be disappointed if they rushed the trial and skipped the Mountain/Viper showdown entirely. For me that was a great moment in the book. I totally get wanting Tyrion's story to move forward though as he'll have little to do until his wedding drama & PW, and his Essos story will likely be one of the best on screen, but I'm not sure its worth rushing such a good scene.

If the PW is in the finale, I could see the trial being episode 4 and then Essos adventures for the remainder of the season with young Griff as a cliffhanger.

PW will be episode 4 of season 4, the show tends to have episode 4 of every season be the semi-climatic event that sets up the remainder of the season for many arcs

season 1 - Tyrions capture

season 2 - Talisa, Harrenhall, Qarth Introduced and Shadow Baby

Season 3 (assumed) - NW rebellion and Yunkai slavery revolt

Season 4 - PW

This leaves 3 solid episodes to introduce the Martells. I dont think they plan on deviating that much, theres still a lot to do with the Tyrells at KL

PW will be episode 4 of season 4, the show tends to have episode 4 of every season be the semi-climatic event that sets up the remainder of the season for many arcs

season 1 - Tyrions capture

season 2 - Talisa, Harrenhall, Qarth Introduced and Shadow Baby

Season 3 (assumed) - NW rebellion and Yunkai slavery revolt

Season 4 - PW

This leaves 3 solid episodes to introduce the Martells. I dont think they plan on deviating that much, theres still a lot to do with the Tyrells at KL

see this is where i disagree. they have been talking up this "royal wedding" on S2E10,S3E01,S3E02 & S3E03 then to throw in 2 unexpected weddings ( for tv viewers) like tyrion/sansa & red wedding before pushing the only "wedding" that has been mentioned to season 4 would confuse/annoy people i think. hopefully they did a rewrite so they can kill joff this season with tyrions trial the first part of next season. GRRM wrote episode 2 of season 4. this is most likely the trial so PW is this season.

the story arc in KL looks like the only one that will be from SoS in season 4. danny story arc will be in Meereen which is Dance of Dragons stuff. arya in Braavos, Brienne with Podrick, Lady Stoneheart, Ramsay & Reek etc.

see this is where i disagree. they have been talking up this "royal wedding" on S2E10,S3E01,S3E02 & S3E03 then to throw in 2 unexpected weddings ( for tv viewers) like tyrion/sansa & red wedding before pushing the only "wedding" that has been mentioned to season 4 would confuse/annoy people i think. hopefully they did a rewrite so they can kill joff this season with tyrions trial the first part of next season. GRRM wrote episode 2 of season 4. this is most likely the trial so PW is this season.

the story arc in KL looks like the only one that will be from SoS in season 4. danny story arc will be in Meereen which is Dance of Dragons stuff. arya in Braavos, Brienne with Podrick, Lady Stoneheart, Ramsay & Reek etc.

That's kind of what I've been thinking too. It would just seem odd if the third wedding was in season 4... just a bit. Plus it could be a pretty cool thematic thing... three weddings in the third season, all of them pretty devastating... I could definitely see it.

hopefully they did a rewrite so they can kill joff this season with tyrions trial the first part of next season. GRRM wrote episode 2 of season 4. this is most likely the trial so PW is this season.

I think that would be too many dead kings in just 2 episodes, but you never know, specially when the episode is called Mysha, referring to Daenerys being crowned Mother of the Slaves, but can also have to do with Cersei crying out for her (loved) son.

Apart from that i think we will see the battle inside Castle Black, because we can see in the trailer that it will happen - Jon Snow appears in black, fighting in the rain and looking up, probably looking to the ice stairs falling down - After that battle they gather the corpses of their fallen brothers and Jon cries for Ygritte's death, only to be faced with another threat, Mance's army, that appears at the Wall, ready for a fight and Jon plans the defense.

Also Ramsay reveals himself to Theon, he gets completely devastated. his saviour and only person who cares for him was in fact a creepy bastard. his family wasn't trying to rescue him, he's completely alone and in for a bad time, etc etc etc.

Sam, the Killer (at least I hope he becomes), meets with Bran and Rickon and they go their separate ways.

If the PW actually happens, Littlefinger flees with Sansa.

Agree with some other folks, that the PW will not happen this year, that and the introduction to the Dornish cast, the battle at the wall, seige of Meereen, etc. will be some of the main items next year. I do think the last scene though will be through Nymeria's eyes pulling UnCat out of the river and having UnCat open her eyes.

I am not saying that its not Thoros, Dondarion, that do the reanimation, its just that it may be unclear in the finale how it happened to add to the drama, with the how to be explained in the premiere of Season 4. I do think that the show is going to have to go a lot slower as a whole than some folks are anticipating. Storm of Swords has enough material for about a season and a half but the last two novels really have only about the same amount of material combined. If you think about it with the character's being split the way they were, each character's plot line is not advanced two books worth or two seasons worth in those last two novels. It can work out and be interesting for 2 seasons after this one but after that their will need to be new material or the show will get way to slow.

I don't think there's any chance of them doing the Purple Wedding this year. That'd be way too much to do in episode 10, when it also has to include wrap-ups for all the other characters. Just because they've had characters talking about it this year doesn't commit them to actually doing it, not when there's plenty of other stuff to fill up King's Land's time.

I don't think there's any chance of them doing the Purple Wedding this year. That'd be way too much to do in episode 10, when it also has to include wrap-ups for all the other characters. Just because they've had characters talking about it this year doesn't commit them to actually doing it, not when there's plenty of other stuff to fill up King's Land's time.

I disagree. I think it's possible if they do it right. They could have scenes in episode 9 that lead up to and begin the royal wedding. Leaving episode 10 with the humiliation of Tyrion by Joffrey and then the long-awaited death of the blonde brat. I think that having Tyrion's discovery (Joffrey ordering the assassination of Bran in season 1) and that conversation along with the start of the PW in the same episode as the RW could be pretty ominous. The season finale could easily make an awesome scene of Joffrey making an ass of himself with Tyrion and then a drawn out death by poison in fifteen minutes (even 20 if they have to). After all, Dany completely overthrew astapor, set every slave free, and marched out with a massive army in about 6 minutes. If they included Joffrey's death in 20 minutes, it would leave plenty of time in the episode. A few minutes for Arya to deal with her losses (similar time for Bran's ending) with maybe some slightly longer segments to tie off Dany and The North (Jon Snow, Sam, the Wall, ect). Then about 2 minutes to unveil UnCat.

The uncat reveal would work if at the start of the final episode they use the arya warging section from the book where she sees her mums body dead in the river, through nymeria and then the arrival of the brotherhood scaring her away. I feel this would work well as it is also amps up the direwolves and their bond to remaining starks. Also be backed up by the previous revival of berric dondarion.

I would also be happy with the jon escape scene as when reading knowing that bran had helped him as well as even bran warging into hodor, jon being shot there would be alot of things they could fit in to this scene

No. One of the producers said something about already being looking for extra money from HBO to film a battle even bigger than Blackwater Bay for Season 4. I'd have to look for the source, but it was clearly talking about this, I think.

I read this somewhere too and immediately thought of the Battle of The Wall.

For what its worth, I don't think the Tyrion / Sansa wedding happens in the shows - I think Littlefinger steals her away before the PW. My gut tells me that the PW / Tyrion's 'trial' and subsequent assassination of his father is a season 4 storyline.

I don't know whether E10 should have Arya being knocked out by the Hound, or if E10 should get us all the way to Arya heading for Braavos. She does need to get Needle back, and that would be a good high point for her story arc. I thnk they could easily forego the hound taking Arya in the back of the head with [the flat of] his axe. He could just sweep her up and carry her off at the end of S9, they could find themselves at the inn with Dunsen, Polliver et al in E10, fight ensues, Sandor gets stabbed, Arya gets Needle, Arya abandons Sandor.

Probably too much to get her all the way to the harbour and hand the iron coin over to the ship's captain unless they devote about 1/4 of the show to her.

I think it will end with Beric giving Cat's corpse the "kiss of life", and the very last shot is Cat's eyes flying open. We won't need an explanation because we will see Thoros give Beric the kiss of life in episode 5, so we will know what it means.

The show will have to "show not tell" the creation of Lady Stoneheart. She cannot be suddenly revealed, and then later we get a flashback or (worse) a monologue about how she came to be-- that just doesn't sit well with a TV audience. The cliffhanger of her resurrection will be fantastic.

Yes, I think it is too short of a time to bring her back after the RW. However, she doesn't need to be seen again until well into season 4. THey can just set it up this way.

Not to mention, we know Mhysa means mother. Lady Stoneheart wants revenge as a mother for her son's death.

Archived