[Book spoilers] Dracarys!

Admit to curiosity as to how she's going to feed 8000 slave soldiers plus 3 growing dragons.

Presumably the dragons can or will be able to gather their own food very soon. But 8000 soldiers. That's devastation wherever they go. Armies tended to live by pillaging in those days. And if this one doesn't pillage, from where cometh the food while marching elsewhere from Astapoor?

Well even George is a little loose about this. I can't remember exactly , in the book, seems GRRM suggests there is a supply train traveling. Plus Dany had the complication that there tens of thousands camp followers, mostly ex slaves who did not want to stay in Astapor. Seems I remember on the trip to Yunkai was difficult but not impossible. Seem to remember the trip from Yunkai to Meereen was more difficult , I think Meereen did a 'scorched earth' tactic, plus she picked up more camp followers.

George is kind of bored with logistics I think.

D and D are even worse, people not on horse back don't seem to carry anything!

Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie are caught caring just swords and nothing else! (That they went back to Harrenhal and got the swords is nuts.)

I think in the books travelers are mostly on horseback and have supplies.

Emilia was great, the looks on everyone's faces when she spoke were great, the visuals were great, and the music was great. It was great.

Except...

The underlying premise was really stupid. It always felt to me like GRRM made the slavers unbelievably stupid so that Dany could get her army, and that translated right over to the show. Why don't they train the Unsullied to never be able to kill an Astapor slaver. And if that's not possible, why would they ever agree to sell their entire army?

I know they have "dragon envy" or whatever, but I can't believe they would be so shortsighted. Them not understanding the nature of a dragon? That makes sense. Them not understanding that someone might try ordering bought Unsullied to attack them? That doesn't.

I didn't like the chapter, and I didn't much like the scene. I was really hoping D&D would change the scene a bit, maybe show that the slavers do have quite a lot of soldiers (and not just a handful of guards) and have the Unsullied really have to fight it out a bit.

So, as is, it was very pretty nonsense. Sorry.

I love the show, and I can understand the complexities they are dealing with in such a huge production, so I try not to be too critical, but the number one thing they lack every time so far is the major battles.

I know, easier said than done... and they did do a good job of the Blackwater... but The Fist of the First Men vs the Nights Watch was nothing but a faded screen and the noise of swords clanging in the background. Also the battle between the Lannisters and Robb's scouts in season one was nothing except Tyrion getting knocked out.

I am starting to wonder how they are going to pull off the mother of all battles that this series is going to end with?

I hate to say it but Dany makes such a good conqueror Queen. I like seeing her full on Boudicca. Ugh, Meereen is coming...

nnooooo

just close your eyes and think of Astapor

There's still her going all dragonrider with Drogon, that was pretty goddamn rad. Since we're not privy to her inner thoughts we won't have to deal with as much ~*~my Daario~*~ either. I actually have hope for Meereen, really.

perhaps I'm the biggest Summer Child of them all...

I hate to say it but Dany makes such a good conqueror Queen. I like seeing her full on Boudicca. Ugh, Meereen is coming...

There's still Yunkai, which was not so bad, and the Fighting Pit scene to look forward to. I suspect D+D know how slow the Meereen chapters read, so I am hoping they will "fix" that.

Plus they need Strong Belwas to fight the champion outside Mereen, then take a shit when he defeats him haha they CANNOT leave that out!

In season 4 though

Yeah, I'm a bit worried they've decided to not include Strong Belwas. He's one of my favorite characters. Could have Jack Black play him.

They need him to kick ass on that Yunkai noble outside the gates, and they need someone to get poisoned...

Plus they need Strong Belwas to fight the champion outside Mereen, then take a shit when he defeats him haha they CANNOT leave that out!

In season 4 though

It really made his victory more impressive if you realise that he had to tke a shit the whole time he was fighting the guy. Most guys shit right before fighting.

In season 4 though

GRRM said Belwas wasn't going to be in the show. I think Barristan will champion for her instead. This will be good because it'll be the first time Barristan gets to back up his legend with actual action. It seems an obvious change.

I think you might be assuming a bit actually. What says they hadn't seriously considered that selling all of the unsullied to her might be risky?

What I found hilarious is that they actually tell her to go raid nearby defenseless cities with her legions of Unsullied... Wouldn't literally anybody on Earth think: "Nearby cities? Motherfucker, I got me some defenseless city right here!"

GRRM said Belwas wasn't going to be in the show. I think Barristan will champion for her instead. This will be good because it'll be the first time Barristan gets to back up his legend with actual action. It seems an obvious change.

Ah well that kinda sucks. But whatever, still an awesome show.

There's still Yunkai, which was not so bad, and the Fighting Pit scene to look forward to. I suspect D+D know how slow the Meereen chapters read, so I am hoping they will "fix" that.

It looks as if they are going to do the Battle of Yunkai this season.

And how much of that , I can't tell.

But season 4 I don't think we are going to get the battle of Meereen, fade to black.

Because they are going to do a full blowout on the battle for the Wall in S4.

What I found hilarious is that they actually tell her to go raid nearby defenseless cities with her legions of Unsullied... Wouldn't literally anybody on Earth think: "Nearby cities? Motherfucker, I got me some defenseless city right here!"

The slaver cities Yunkai and Meereen are not defenseless.

Fixing Crows and Dragons is the biggest mystery , if they get to season 5.

George has the rest of this year and all of next to finish Winds and I am thinking S5 is going to be heavily dependent on Winds.

Kraznys and Viserys are currently in an all-out brawl for the Most Violently, Suicidally Stupid Character Award. Who will win!?

Fixing Crows and Dragons is the biggest mystery , if they get to season 5.

George has the rest of this year and all of next to finish Winds and I am thinking S5 is going to be heavily dependent on Winds.

That is interesting, as on the one hand GRRM's plans for TWOW and beyond should definitely influence Seasons 5+, but on the other hand, D+D have been "told" the "ending" and have supposedly some leeway in writing. I think it all comes down to whether the show catches up to the books...

chances of this happening are roughly zero percent. if winds is out before season 7 finished airing, i'd be shocked

Archived