[Book spoilers] Dracarys!

It was proper High Valyrian, yes. You should read David Peterson's blog (dothraki.com) - everyone should! It will get you excited about friggin declensions. One fascinating thing is that Dany uses the Ghiscari word for slave, buzdari, but the High Valyrian word for slave is dohaeriros, because she wanted Kraznys and the slavers to understand her. Read more here.

Oh, that's wonderful! What an awesome little detail. + Buzdari at the end of each line sounded AMAZING.

Same here. I thought everything about that scene and the transition to credits was executed wonderfully. The only possible thing that could have made it better would have been Dany whipping the slaver full-on in the face, but I didn't particularly miss it.

You have to smile at how much more prominent Drogon is in the show *and* the books. Such a diva!

Perfection! I looked like a bird about to take flight during the entire scene!

Tip of the hat to David Peterson, Valyrian sounds beautiful! I'm hoping they do the same thing with Valyrian that they did with the Dothraki language and post some of it online. I'd love to learn a few words. Though the only Dothrak I ever learned was sheik ma sherraki. I'm 98% sure I mispelled that too.

And I loved Barry and Jorah drawing their swords at the same time.

I remember the last eppy, people were complaing about why Dany was wearing the same outfit for two eppys. I was like "Wtf is that to complain about?" But on the third eppy, same outfit, I now understand. She still looked amazing though, and with that cape! She's gorg! Her and Missandei ;)

Dracarys, bitch!

It was the BEST kick ass scene I've ever seen. The ending, with leaving the city on horseback, dragons flying overhead, and all those unsullied was beyond description. I also really loved the part when she freed the Unsullied, told them they could leave it they wanted to, without repercussion, but then asked if they wanted to fight for her as free men, and they all started jabbing the ground with their swords. Cool!

Apart from this scene being immensely awesome and epic, there's one small detail that really stood out to me.

Whenever Krasnyz speaks it sounds like he's essentially raping the language, forcing it to convey whatever he means to convey.

When Dany spoke however, the language sounded smooth, playful, majestic and commanding, like a free soaring dragon.

Dany spoke High Valyrian, which is dialect of the same language. Like Spanish in Spain versus Spanish in Mexico.

I have a question and I really hope someone can answer it. It's been a while since I've read SoS so I don't remember...

I was wondering why Dany was wearing the same blue dress throughout her 3 episodes presented so far. Is it possible that the entire events in Astapor occurred over the course of a single day? Don't remember the way things unfolded in the books so I was wondering if this was plausible. I mean, when she arrives in Astapor it almost looks as if it's late night or early morning, and when leaving Astapor it appears dark again.

Just wondering.

Admit to curiosity as to how she's going to feed 8000 slave soldiers plus 3 growing dragons.

Presumably the dragons can or will be able to gather their own food very soon. But 8000 soldiers. That's devastation wherever they go. Armies tended to live by pillaging in those days. And if this one doesn't pillage, from where cometh the food while marching elsewhere from Astapoor?

I have a question and I really hope someone can answer it. It's been a while since I've read SoS so I don't remember...

I was wondering why Dany was wearing the same blue dress throughout her 3 episodes presented so far. Is it possible that the entire events in Astapor occurred over the course of a single day? Don't remember the way things unfolded in the books so I was wondering if this was plausible. I mean, when she arrives in Astapor it almost looks as if it's late night or early morning, and when leaving Astapor it appears dark again.

Just wondering.

Yeah, the scenes have taken place over around 3 days. In episode 1, she is told to decide by "tomorrow" whether she wants the Unsullied, and then we see her the next day deciding to buy them. Presumably only one day passes between making the decision to buy them and actually "buying" them.

That scene was done so so well. Loved all the little details as well. For an example the change in Drogons voice when Dany turned her back and walked towards her new army. Drogons screams were almost a bit agonizing as if "baby dragon losing his mommy".

This is how Dany should be, fierce. Shes often too sweet and doll-like. I didn't like her hair curly - made her look innocent girl. Her looks should be a bit rougher - but then again thats just nitpicking. It was an epic scene.

Archived