Favorite Chapter Ending

Azor Ahoy!

“The stone is strong. Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

"Mother," they called from a hundred throats, a thousand, ten thousand. "Mother," they sang, their fingers brushing her legs as she flew by. "Mother, Mother, Mother!"

"Dany could feel the heat of him between her thighs. Her heart felt as if it was about to burst. Yes, she thought, yes, now, now, do it, do it, take me, take me, FLY!"

“The stone is strong. Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

This one is really good. Perhaps a candidate for "Favorite Book Ending?"

He raised his eyes. “Sister. See. This time I knew you.”Asha’s heart skipped a beat. “Theon?”

His lips skinned back in what might have been a grin. Half his teeth were gone, and half of those still left him were broken and splintered. “Theon,” he repeated. “My name is Theon. You have to know your name.”

“We’ll go back to the cave,” he said. “You’re not going to die, Ygritte. You’re not.”

“Oh.” Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. “You know nothing, Jon Snow,” she sighed, dying.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

The moment that marked the end of Jon's transition into manhood

"In the end, Tywin Lannister did not shit gold."

In the end not everything Tywin did, he did perfectly

and for the first time in hundreds years the night came alive with the music of dragons

I liked this one, because dragons are back. I didn't like the effect of entitlement they gave Dany.

It's not the best, but this one hasn't been mentioned.

"Jaime," she said, tugging on his ear, "sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg, and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak... but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you. I said so once to your father's face, and he would not speak to me for half a year. Men are such thundering great fools. Even the sort who come along once in thousand years.”

GRRM has a nice way of ending chapters with style. Or if he can't think of a clever way he'll just fake kill someone.

1. "KING IN THE NORTH!"

2. "The night came alive with the music of dragons".

3. "In the end, Tywin Lannister did not shit gold".

4. "Only the cold..."

5. "Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold".

"If you say." Sam kicked his left foot against a tree, to knock off all the snow. Then the right. "I'll try." Grimacing, he took a step. "I'll try hard." And then another.

For this one you need to include the previous line: Grenn pointing to the East and the dawn. The effect requires the two together I think. I would say that this one is a good choice, and trying to find a better may require quite an effort.

Some of my favourites have already been said, so I'll add Doran's 'Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood' at the end of one of the Arriane chapters in ADWD.

Tensions were kept high throughout that whole book, I tell yah what. That part made my heart jump a bit because I was still unsure of Doran's motives.

Archived