The Ghost of Winterfell is...

But who killed Little Walder?

On a re-read I noticed that Little Walder was Wylla Manderly's betrothed. Possibly Lord Wyman, or one of his men, took care of that, just because better safe than sorry.

The Ghost of Winterfell is Theon, he is the POV in the chapter by that name. He however did not murder anyone. The spearwives killed all but Little Walder. Little Walder was probably killed by Manderley's men so he would not marry Wylla though that is not clear. The hooded man in my opinion is Theon's conscience,

I'm sure that Big Walder, the little one, klled Little Walder, the big one. Little Walder was the one who was the budding sociopath. He went with Ramsey to hunt for Bran and Rickon. The book says that two boys went; one was Little Walder and the other was Wex. Also Little Walder, the big one, took part in Ramsey's games, but not Big Walder. (Damn GRRM for confusing the issue with those opposite names. He's such a rascal.) These boys are quite different. Big Walder is smarter and he thinks. He could have several motives for killing his cousin. One is the succession. He did say at one point that he would be Lord of the Twins. How would he know that? I think we will find out.

Another reason would be that Little Walder would further degrade the family name. Anyway, Big Walder is a charater that I intend to watch. So we can omit Little Walder from the list of victims of the unknown man.

The hooded man is a very strong candidate for the killer. A poster a while back suggested the miller who was never listed among the dead. He may have known a secret passage into Winterfell, or barring that, a hiding place within the castle grounds. Also Robert Glover who came in with Manderly is a good candidate. I think Mance and the women who came in with him are all capable of murder but would not want to draw attention to themselves.

The hooded man is a very strong candidate for the killer. A poster a while back suggested the miller who was never listed among the dead. He may have known a secret passage into Winterfell, or barring that, a hiding place within the castle grounds. Also Robert Glover who came in with Manderly is a good candidate. I think Mance and the women who came in with him are all capable of murder but would not want to draw attention to themselves.

Theon had the miller's sons killed and mutilated then permitted Reek to murder his Ironborn to cover up the secret. I suspect the miller, his wife and anybody else present at the mill would have also been killed to keep the deceit secret. If there is a secret passage into Winterfel, a miller would not know of it - once random people start knowing of passages into castles they are not secret and the Starks would have long since blocked up any such weaknesses into their stronghold.

I agree somebody who came into the castle with the main levies is a good candidate. But not Glover, the man was walking in the direction of the Great Hall and would not have been ableto recognise Theon until they were very close to each other. If the hooded man could not afford to be identified why would he risk an encounter? What if instead of Theon the man hemet had been a Bolton sergeant or captain on his way to check the sentries? That is why I think the hooded man was somebody who would not mind being seen, because he was known to be in the castle and not particularly important.

Theon is a broken man and Reek is too scared to do something like that, both his personalities are unable to be the Ghost of Winterfell

I think it's the Blackfish, because we don't know where he's

I think he's hidding with Jeyne Westerling (who is probably pregnant)

and he decided to check on Winterfell and started messing up with the Boltons and Freys

Blackfish is Riverlands or Vale.

Harwin seems to have lost affiliation to North and is again connected with Riverlands. unless Stoneheart sent him to verify fArya - but then Jaime would probably tell her not to bother. Then again, she would not believe him.

Who was that was sent North with Ned's bones? Lady Dustin is a good candidate for having intercepted them FOR REAL (even if not with the intent she tells Reek - but then again it is a good cover story).

As for Little Walder, Big Walder offed him. It is known.

or maybe some infiltrator of the Brotherhood without Banners?

as we know one of them infiltrate Riverrun

I think their main focus would be in the Riverlands and getting revenge on the Freys after the RW.

or maybe some infiltrator of the Brotherhood without Banners?

as we know one of them infiltrate Riverrun

I don't think so. At the end of AFfC they were in the Riverlands. It took Stannis almost half of ADwD just to get close to Winterfell from Deepwood Motte. I don't think it would be faster or easier for someone to get to Winterfell from the Riverlands. Specially since it had already started snowing at the end of AFfC

First, I definitely believe Big Walder killed Little Walder. There has been much analysis done on this before, but the best piece of evidence is basic forensics. Big Walder is described as being caked in/splattered with Little Walder's blood. No way for him to get that unless he was there when he died. He wouldn't have that if he just found him afterwards and tried to revive him like Big Walder said. Not that GRRM necessarily takes forensic evidence seriously enough for that to be the only hint, but I do think it's something.

When you add in BW not taking to Ramsay like LW did, and BW making 2 statements along the lines of "I don't care who is ahead of me in succession for the Twins. I will eventually get them,", I'm really thinking it's BW who killed his cousin.

Second- I don't think Theon is the Ghost of Winterfell. I think that is certainly a theme of his POV chapters in ADWD and he certainly fits that title, but I also believe it has at least a double meaning and possibly even a triple meaning, referring to at least one other person as well. Most likely the Hooded Man, whoever that is.

The Spearwives admit to doing most of the killings, other than Big Little Walder, who was probably killed Little Big Walder. There's your ghost. The Hooded Man is a separate entity, most likely an infiltrator who isn't up on all the current news in the Bolton/Frey camp, thus "how is it that you still breathe?". He thinks Theon has been killed one way or another.

The Spearwives admit to doing most of the killings, other than Big Walder, who was probably killed by Little Walder. There's your ghost. The Hooded Man is a separate entity, most likely an infiltrator who isn't up on all the current news in the Bolton/Frey camp, thus "how is it that you still breathe?". He thinks Theon has been killed one way or another.

You've mixed up your Walders mate.

Theons been riding all around the North now for months, and has been treated better recently-better food. Hes gotta have some of his strength back, and you dont have to be strong to kill people. He also has motive. Always has made sense to me

The Ghost of Winterfell is Theon, he is the POV in the chapter by that name. He however did not murder anyone. The spearwives killed all but Little Walder. Little Walder was probably killed by Manderley's men so he would not marry Wylla though that is not clear. The hooded man in my opinion is Theon's conscience,

I agree this is most likely (except for who killed Little Walder) but the thing that hangs me up is why Theon's former self would call him "kinslayer?" Maybe he was just echoing what others were calling him?

Archived