Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else

iheartseverus

While this might have played a role in the final decision, I think the TV show's advanced aging is mostly a reaction to lack of the mythical "five year gap." I think in at least one interview Martin said he would have made them all older if he knew the gap wasn't going to happen.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Dany losing her virginity to Drogo is important and they couldn't do it (tastefully) with a 13 year old girl.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Dany losing her virginity to Drogo is important and they couldn't do it (tastefully) with a 13 year old girl.

Yeah, I'm not saying that wasn't part of it. But hey if they found a way to tastefully cut of Theon's dick and send it to his family in a box, they can do anything!

But hey if they found a way to tastefully cut of Theon's dick and send it to his family in a box, they can do anything!

I've got to ask what dictionary you're getting that definition of "tasteful" from! I thought the scene was actually fairly well done (OK, the prostitute part went on too long), but tasteful it most definitely was not.

I believe it was primarily for Dany, to make the sexual element of her S1 arc more acceptable. I don't think they would be allowed to show a 14 year old character having sex on-screen, no matter how old the actress was. That requires making the gap between Robert's Rebellion and the start of the series longer, which ages up Jon, which in turn causes an aging-up of the rest of the Stark kids... it's all a knock-on effect. Also, GRRM has commented that he wishes he has made the kids older from the start, to make their later exploits more believable, so they're also correcting George's past mistakes.

As has been said about a 1000 times on this forum HBO has no option but to follow UK labor laws (it would be same in all the developed world countries) , George's medieval template cannot be followed when the definition of what an adult was , was so different, in fact alien to the present developed world.

Dany is not the only one , if you have the DVD set of the first season , disk one, Dave and Dan say explicitly that Isaac Hempstead Wright was not even on set when they were filming the rumpy pumpy scene between Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau , there have probably been other instances also.

Plus actors under a certain age cannot work as many hours as adult actors.

(I have lost of the number of times I have left this message.)

Dan and Dave and everyone at HBO would be in jail if they had of done with a 13 year old girl.

...the rumpy pumpy scene between Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau...

:lol:

Is "rumpy pumpy" common slang where you're from, or did you just invent that?

ETA: I guess that counts as a "little question" in itself.

:lol:

Is "rumpy pumpy" common slang where you're from, or did you just invent that?

ETA: I guess that counts as a "little question" in itself.

I am in the USA , but seems to be a common slang in the UK.

Someone from there can confirm this?

I have heard both Charles Dance and Diana Rigg use it.

Yeah, rumpy-pumpy is like an upper class/polite British way of saying sexual intercourse. It's one step down from "a rough shag" and two down from "a good hard f**k".

Oh man, that reminds me of that scene where Olenna is trying to get Tywin to admit that he fooled around with the other squires as a boy LOL he was so deathly uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this one in the S3E10 topic but I guess it fits here as well.

Why was Sam allowed to bring back Gillyl (with a child) from north of the wall yet Jon can't bring Ygritte? I know that hasn't been officially stated but it appears that way. Seems contradictory.

I understand that but Jon did tell her there was no way the wildings were going to win, she seemed to heed that warning when she chose Jon over the wildings as she wanted to fight for him. Jon must know she's much more in danger with the wildings than if she went with him. She wouldn't want to live there but Jon had to live with the wildings for survival and he never wanted to live with them. As she said, it's not about being a crow or wilding, it's about their relationship. So I don't know why she wouldn't if it meant staying with Jon.

I don't necessarily mind if she stays with the wildings it's just that I don't think they should kill her any time soon. She's a great actor and a fan favourite and the death is a little random and has loopholes in the story that I don't really like. I think they should keep her in it longer.

I'm just wondering because I'm confused about why Jon left her. The show doesn't really show us much into how Jon feels over the situation, we don't really find out his reasoning except 'I have to go home now'.

Maybe we'll gain some insight in season 4 if he talks to Sam about it...oh and I don't need any spoilers I know what happens :)

I can't fully speak for show's Jon but in the books he never forgets his vows. He knows he he's got an assigment from Halfhand and he has to warn the NW about the Wildlings.

When it comes to Gilly vs. Ygritte, the former is scared young mother who experienced mostly abuse north of the wall, while the latter is a Wildling warrior who's not hesistant to killing the kneelers. I can imagine why only one of them is welcome to Castle Black.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would Ygritte want to live in Castle Black?

Well by the end of ADwD wildings are living near and around Castle Black as well as living-staffing abandoned castles, forts and hold-fasts all along the Wall.

It's in the news that Art Parkinson will be Dracula's son in a movie about Dracula (another film!).

Also Natalia Tena said in an interview that she had not been contacted about being in season 4 (she seemed quite unconcerned about it).

Meaning we won't follow the Rickon/Osha story at all in season 4?

(Makes sense, with new characters and a lot of story to cover at KL, not again until Season 5?)

Archived