Movies & Tv Shows that you secretly love but can't admit to

Rhaegarsjoy

I watch Once Upon A Time. I hate how it always works out for the good guys and hate storybrook 'snow white' and 'charming' but it has magic so i watch it Haha.

I watch all sorts of lousy TV and movies. For example, I gleefully absorb all the fake Housewives in their various cities. I even am a fan of "Dance Moms," for which I'm sure I'll rot in hell.

Strangely, (to me) I've even become enamored with the Twilight series (movies, not books.) I'm mesmerized by them! All I can say for myself is perhaps the junk TV has rotted my brain. :blush:

I must admit I sometimes like it bad <pun not intended> :P I don't want to have some meaningful deep book/movie /tv show to distract me,sometimes I only want to use 1/10 of my brain power while watching something.It doesn't always have to be Godfather,sometimes nice easy Die Hard is what I need.

I watched Charmed with a friend of mine and although his excuse was Alisa Milano I can tell he liked it. I enjoyed every poorly executed episode,I laughed,I had fun it was great...:)

I watched My bloody Valentine just to see more of ?Jensen Ackles...I'm that bad,yes :D

I hated Baywatch but I watched Baywatch Hawaii,go figure.I guess as soon as we got rid of Mitch and they put new hunk as amain character I was in.

I enjoy watching Survivor.That's the only reality I can watch.

I kinda thought the Village was okay.

I remember the "twist" in the Village came as a complete non-shock to me because I misread the date on the tombstone in the very first scene as 1986 instead of 1896. At the end I was like "huh, yes and?"

I remember the "twist" in the Village came as a complete non-shock to me because I misread the date on the tombstone in the very first scene as 1986 instead of 1896. At the end I was like "huh, yes and?"

Also, why were they pretending it was 1896? There is absolutely no reason for the characters to do that, it was purely to fool the audience.

Still, I enjoyed it the first time. I also guessed the twist, but not exactly the way it was played.

Michael Sheen is always a joy to watch.

I love Sheen in

, he's hilarious.

Back to the OP, I quite like The Inbetweeners ( even watched the movie) it's a show most people seem to really hate!

Apart from sports, GoT and Breaking Bad, I watch very little TV, particularly very little with the "reality" label. That being said...

-- Dog the Bounty Hunter. No idea why I ever started watching it, but once I did it was hard to stop. I think what hooked me were the hilarious melodramatic shifts from chasing and cussing some dude through 25 minutes of the show, to tearfully praying with him and promising to help him by the end. I found it much more amusing than it had any right to be.

-- Storage Wars, at least the first couple of seasons when I could still pretend the interpersonal drama was real. Dave broke the fourth wall though, and that ruined the fun.

I love Sheen in

, he's hilarious.

Back to the OP, I quite like The Inbetweeners ( even watched the movie) it's a show most people seem to really hate!

Interesting, it seems we have diametrically opposite friend sets. The Inbetweeners is considered to be very good to excellent by all of my friends, but I'm not a fan. I was always under the impression that the consensus was positive on it.

ST

I love Sheen in

, he's hilarious.

LOL. He's a babe. Did you ever see Tron: Legacy (oh yeh, for this thread, I LOVE THAT FILM whatevs) he was ace in that.

Yeh, I like season 1 and 2 of the Inbetweeners, didn't like the 3rd season or the film at all though. That's when it went proper LAAAAAAADDDD and I can't be fucked with that.

The first two seasons were great, just a bunch of weirdos, and then it just went....blegh and they turned into the sorts of people I loathed in School. :P

Interesting, it seems we have diametrically opposite friend sets. The Inbetweeners is considered to be very good to excellent by all of my friends, but I'm not a fan. I was always under the impression that the consensus was positive on it.

ST

Well...I dunno, I don't wanna be a bitch, but most people that OMG LOVE the Inbetweeners, I probably wouldn't get along with, it's definitely a show for THE LADS, however I remember my best friend and I used to love it when we first watched it, the first two seasons are pretty hilarious. (I don't know if I'd feel the same now, I haven't watched it in awhile) but most of my friends and I don't really like it anymore.

The film was just awful.

LOL. He's a babe. Did you ever see Tron: Legacy (oh yeh, for this thread, I LOVE THAT FILM whatevs) he was ace in that.

The first two seasons were great, just a bunch of weirdos, and then it just went....blegh and they turned into the sorts of people I loathed in School. :P

Sheen was the only good thing about Tron! Though I'm being a tad unfair, I thought some of the other stuff in that was okay. But that whole fight scene in his club or whatever was terrific. That's also probably because it had a terrific score by Daft Punk. Yes, The Inbetweeners sorta became something I wish it hadn't in that movie. But I still have a soft spot for the first three seasons. Some if no most of it was quite ridiculous but I still laughed quite a bit.

Interesting, it seems we have diametrically opposite friend sets. The Inbetweeners is considered to be very good to excellent by all of my friends,

I actually think you're in the majority, I haven't met too many who enjoy the show. It's certainly a very in your face sort of humour, and I was quite surprised that I liked it, but oh well.

I'm also going to throw in The Day after tomorrow. Love that movie.

The title pretty much says it, are there movies or tv shows that you secretly love but can't admit to watching. For me it's twilight (I already know so please hold the criticism), I don't know why the story isnt enique, its not well written but I watch them all and like it, but you can't tell ppl that they look at you like oh and you can see you IQ drop a few points in their eyes. What about you? What can't you admit to loving?

I really enjoy the movies and the books. i can admit that they are not the best thing ever, but I do enjoy them.

I also have to agree with whoever said "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here". I know it is all totally fabricated and everything is just cheese, but I love watching that show. From the drama that happens between the stars to the fact that they plumb the SciFi channel for its contestants, I just love watching it.

I can think of a couple of movies that for no good reason I really like.

Bring it on. I don't know why, but I love all of the movies in this series. Let me tell you, it takes a lot for a 37 year old man to admit this, lol.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I was watching this yesterday, actually, and I love everything leading up to the two spies teaming up together. The interplay between Pitt and Jolie was fantastic and I end up laughing through their fight/sex/car chase sequence.

*edit*

Also wanted to add that I originally started watching Charmed due to Milano(I have had a huge crush on her since Who's the boss) and actually started to really like the show. Cole being my favorite demon ever.

My ex girlfriend was a huge fan of Sex and the City and watched it all the time, so naturally I had to sit through it every once in a while.

5 years later and I've seen every episode and both movies. Fuck it, I don't care. It's a good show.

Archived