Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Caught On Video Smoking Crack

Urine Greyjoy

Want to know how out of touch I am? I live in Markham, and last I'd heard before this whole crack video things, Rob Ford was not going to be mayor anymore over some misuse of his position. WTF happened with that thing? Buddy of mine was claiming last night that Gawker, iirc, or some potential buyer of the tape had raised $140,000 of the $200,000 requested and now all of a sudden the guy with the tape cannot be found or reached. I have no idea where my buddy got his news though. Anybody heard anything about this, and if so, have thoughts on the implications?

1) The previous scandal he was actually guilty of but then the judiciary chickened out on actually punishing him for it. Same as with the recent Robocall Scandal. Cause fuck democracy and laws.

2) The guys who have the crack video are apparently difficult to reach right now. We shall see where this goes.

3) New development: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/05/23/toronto-ford-towhey.html

Mark Towhey was fired as Mayor Rob Ford's chief of staff because he told Ford in no uncertain terms to "go away and get help," a source close to the mayor's office has told CBC News.

Now I'm in no way a Rob Ford supporter or fan of any sort, but this whole crack video allegation does not seem legit at all. Rob Ford is capable of a lot of stupid shit, but he is so vilified by the media and population that I find it improbable that (1) he could get elected as a crack user, without anyone coming forward and (2) he could start smoking crack while in term, considering how many people want him out of office, someone legitimate would have found out .

The only proof is a video, owned by drug dealers who want $200,000 for it (who, now that the money is almost raised, are hard to reach), that has been shown to the toronto sun and the toronto star, but not to the public.

Again, not a Rob Ford supporter and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong on this, but this is too unbelievable, even for him

Why? What about this story seem not legitimate?

As I stated above, my reasons for not believing this completely are as follows,

- A videotape that is owned by a couple of drug dealers, was only shown to the two reporters who wrote the story, no one else has seen it.

- He is so vilified by the media, population and fellow councilmen; I find it hard to believe he could hide being a crack user throughout his time as a city councilor, and campaign for mayor, considering how discrete and subtle the guy is (those italicized terms were sarcasm).

- I also find it hard to believe that he could begin using crack in his time as mayor, for the same reasons above.

Why would the Toronto Star reporters be lying?

I have no idea, the media doesn't look fondly on Rob Ford, and really hasn't since he started his time in office.

I'm merely suggesting my stance on the crack allegations, because that is what they are, allegations. I'm not a Rob Ford supporter, but until I see the video that proves it, I find it too unbelievable to jump on this wagon.

Edit: Why did they publish an article about the Crack allegations without any hard proof to show that they were right?

That would be the point wouldn't it?

Why would the Toronto Star put it's reputation on the line unless it was really really sure about this?

Why would Rob Ford keep not commenting on the issue?

Nothing about this makes much sense if the video isn't real and convincing.

Now I'm in no way a Rob Ford supporter or fan of any sort, but this whole crack video allegation does not seem legit at all. Rob Ford is capable of a lot of stupid shit, but he is so vilified by the media and population that I find it improbable that (1) he could get elected as a crack user, without anyone coming forward and (2) he could start smoking crack while in term, considering how many people want him out of office, someone legitimate would have found out .

He was elected with a known DUI (which he lied about) and known episodes of public intoxication and abusive behaviour (which he also lied about) and 10 years of ineffective work on Council, along with his great business experience working at his dad's company and past experience as a bench warmer for the Carleton football time, though he eventually dropped out from that too. He was also made "unwelcome" at another school about ten years ago for any coaching.

This is a rich guy who inherited everything he has and only gets by on that and nothing more. He has a documented history of alcohol abuse (and even meets DSM-IV criteria!), and this is not the first time someone has thought he was on cocaine. It's not as if coke users are always as obvious, and it's not something that can be as readily done in public as drinking. And who knows - maybe someone has seen him doing it before - but I don't think it's unlikely in the slightest that someone who's basically a spoiled rich kid who never had a real job in his life might indulge in some blow from time to time.

As I stated above, my reasons for not believing this completely are as follows,

- A videotape that is owned by a couple of drug dealers, was only shown to the two reporters who wrote the story, no one else has seen it.

- He is so vilified by the media, population and fellow councilmen; I find it hard to believe he could hide being a crack user throughout his time as a city councilor, and campaign for mayor, considering how discrete and subtle the guy is (those italicized terms were sarcasm).

The video was shown to Gawker and to two Star reporters independently, and all presented independent yet identical accounts of what the video shows. Not only that, but we have corroborating information like this. By all means, please explain what *that* photo is all about, and how it was that Ford was hanging out with a 21 year old shooting victim.

I have no idea, the media doesn't look fondly on Rob Ford, and really hasn't since he started his time in office.

Right, except for the Sun, which even now published a headline opining that he should go to rehab.

I'm merely suggesting my stance on the crack allegations, because that is what they are, allegations. I'm not a Rob Ford supporter, but until I see the video that proves it, I find it too unbelievable to jump on this wagon.

Edit: Why did they publish an article about the Crack allegations without any hard proof to show that they were right?

If the allegations are false, why did it take Ford an entire week to produce a slippery-worded prepared statement where he couldn't even decide whether such a video exists? Now *that* is ridiculous. And if they're false, where is the libel suit? (Answer: Libel suit = subpoena = truth is revealed)

The Star is not some sort of rag, and they aren't the only source to have reported on this. So... yeah.

Even aside from the original story, Ford's (non-)response speaks volumes.

Try reading this morning's Globe and Mail newspaper. There is a nice big spread on how older brother Doug Ford was a major hash dealer in his youth. Apparently Rob was the only Ford sibling not involved with drugs.

He was elected with a known DUI (which he lied about) and known episodes of public intoxication and abusive behaviour (which he also lied about) and 10 years of ineffective work on Council, along with his great business experience working at his dad's company and past experience as a bench warmer for the Carleton football time, though he eventually dropped out from that too. He was also made "unwelcome" at another school about ten years ago for any coaching.

This is a rich guy who inherited everything he has and only gets by on that and nothing more. He has a documented history of alcohol abuse (and even meets DSM-IV criteria!), and this is not the first time someone has thought he was on cocaine. It's not as if coke users are always as obvious, and it's not something that can be as readily done in public as drinking. And who knows - maybe someone has seen him doing it before - but I don't think it's unlikely in the slightest that someone who's basically a spoiled rich kid who never had a real job in his life might indulge in some blow from time to time.

The video was shown to Gawker and to two Star reporters independently, and all presented independent yet identical accounts of what the video shows. Not only that, but we have corroborating information like this. By all means, please explain what *that* photo is all about, and how it was that Ford was hanging out with a 21 year old shooting victim.

Right, except for the Sun, which even now published a headline opining that he should go to rehab.

This proves him to be the stupid, spoiled, drunken oaf that he is.

As for the Photo you provided, apparently from what we've been told, the video takes place inside a well lit room, Rob's wearing a white shirt unbuttoned at the top, while he sits in a chair, and supposedly takes place during winter. That photo you have linked is of Rob Ford, wearing a blue sweatshirt, outside a house with the shooting victim from the other link you provided, who in another article the CBC claim him to be a "big part of the community", someone who was planning on being a youth and child care worker.

And I'm in no way whatsoever condoning his behavior in those instances, Rob Ford's actions over the past few years point to him being an irresponsible, illogical, drunken buffoon. But in my personal opinion these crack allegations came out of left field.

You can say that people have thought he was on cocaine before, and make generalizations that because he's a spoiled rich kid who's never held a real job he must dabble in cocaine. But the point that I'm trying to make is that until I see that video (instead of going on a he said, she said argument), I'm merely giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I could see him drunkenly saying everything he apparently said in the video, because that's Rob Ford, he is a drunk. Apparently until these crack allegations came up, there was an intervention for his drinking planned for him by his council members. He's bad at hiding his alcohol abuse, crack would be even tougher.

As I said before I am not a Rob Ford supporter, and I have no Idea why the media might lie about it, I was merely stating that until I have seen the video, I find hard to believe.

I'll be the first to admit that he is a crack user when the video is released to the public. But until that happens I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: grammar

Notice that he hasn't denied actually having smoked crack within his lifetime, just that he "does not smoke crack cocaine...and is not addicted to crack cocaine". Sort of like saying, I do not eat Cheerios and am not addicted to them, even though I had them for breakfast last week.

Gawker is about 20k away from being able to buy the video, which should end the debate once and for all..Only problem is their guy has gone off the grid this past week for who knows what reason. If he has half a brain he'll be following the 200k $ fundraiser and jump once they hit the mark.

I haven't smoked any crack in over a year but I must say, it's not something you should do as mayor of North America's 4th largest city. What you do with your life on your own time is nobody's business, but when you're supposed to be setting an example as a major metropolis's head man, that's another story entirely. He seems like a (semi) functional human being, but he really needs to control his behavior.

Even if Ford is a crack-head that isn't a guarantee that his career is over. In America, Washington DC Mayor Marion Barry was not only videotaped smoking crack, he was arrested by the FBI and did time in prison. After he got out, he was re-elected Mayor several times, and is on the Washington DC city council to this day. Like Ford, Barry is a bigoted loudmouth with a long history of scandal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

I just read the article the CBC has on its website, that guys a total whack job.

Whats scary is that he was democratically elected . . . people actually voted for him. Anyways, makes me feel better about the troubles we are having in Montreal when I see this.

Whats scary is that he was democratically elected . . . people actually voted for him. Anyways, makes me feel better about the troubles we are having in Montreal when I see this.

Hitler was democratically elected too. Democracy isn't perfect.

Ford wasn't known as a crackhead or a screwup when he was elected. He was just a loud-mouthed populist who said the right shit to the outer parts of Toronto (the former metro area) that the rest of the candidates were kind of ignoring.

Archived