MLB 2013 II - I Shin-soo Choose You!

Lightning Lord

Yup. A least Baseball Tonight is reporting it, and the Dodgers are blasting it all over my FB page. I like it, considering all the problems we've had with our rotation this year. Ricky Nolasco's not a bad fourth starter to have.

So I assume you're going:

1 - Kershaw

2 - Greinke/Ryu

3 - Ryu/Greinke

4 - Nolasco

5 - Fife

That does look quite solid all of the sudden. Nolasco is better than most team's fourth starter. I think that LA will continue a slow burn to winning the division. Arizona is just not as good as their record was suggesting.

Can we have a separate Dodger fawning thread? The only problem is there would be about 3 people in this one.

sorry that the love and support of dodger blue is getting in the way of a random comment about the braves, twins, yanks or cardinals. :P

back on topic...

we have kersh against timmy tonight. those two are usually a really good matchup. and yes trisky, the dodgers will win the west. nolasco will be a nice addition to the rotation that has been crippled by injuries this year. will capuano get himself dealt or will he find some life in the bullpen?

Can we have a separate Dodger fawning thread? The only problem is there would be about 3 people in this one.

Heh. The thing is that they're not even my team, but I live in the area and can always have the games on. And I would say that with Puig's emergence and Hanley's return that they've become a fun team to watch.

Would Dodger talk be more tolerable if it focused on making fun of Beckett?

Here's a question: St. Louis has announced that Wainwright will not pitch in the All Star game because they want to maximize his starts. How rare is that? I don't recall it being a common story around All Star time.

I voted for A-Gonzalez and Robertson(obviously). 31 out of 86 games played, doesn't deserve it.

what he has done in those games is simply staggering. nobody can deny that.

all that said as i rant each year i say fuck the all-star game...or at least having it count for anything.

let it be a fun midseason exhibition. let it be a wetdream of lineups playing a game for fun. having it stand for something, having it be the decider for homefield advantage in the world series is simply ignorant.

I agree that it shouldn't count towards anything. Pretty ridiculous. The kid is a stud and will have many all-stars to come, I just don't think anyone who has played less than half the games should make it over someone who has.

Mariano just blew a save. Panic in the Bronx.

I voted for A-Gonzalez and Robertson(obviously). 31 out of 86 games played, doesn't deserve it.

He has my vote. This is kind of what the fan vote is for. Who the fans WANT to see, not necessarily who deserves it.

I am not actually sure I don't think he deserves it though either.

ah, baseball.

ah, the dodgers.

i go from loudly screaming 'fuck you' at uribe striking out. and then moments later i am screaming 'yes' to ellis hitting a 3 run double.

Highly enjoyable series. Puig with a little bounce back, Hanley continues to mash and Clayton was Clayton

Does the talk about Mattingly being fired not seem a bit ridiculous now? Yes, LA was off to a very disappointing start especially considering the money the franchise had starting spending. But Hanley and Greinke had hardly played, and it was still early. I remember the national media like Olney and several others all just kind of concluding that Mattingly was done.

Cards sweep Marlins and get Astros at home next. Must take advantage. Five Cardinals in All Star game. I'm really happy to see Allen Craig make it. I was also slightly worried that Matt Carpenter might get left off just because he's young and unknown, but he's probably been the best 2B in the NL this year.

I think with the Biogenesis scandal and just the utter mockery Miami management has made of owning a franchise and just any other bitterness you might feel, Puig really is the feel-good story of the moment in baseball. A much-needed feel good story. So I voted as many times as my attention span allowed.

I also might be suffering from Puig Stockholm Syndrome. Who knows.

Does the talk about Mattingly being fired not seem a bit ridiculous now? Yes, LA was off to a very disappointing start especially considering the money the franchise had starting spending. But Hanley and Greinke had hardly played, and it was still early. I remember the national media like Olney and several others all just kind of concluding that Mattingly was done.

Nope, still not convinced on Donny Baseball. The one (and only) bad thing to come out of Puig's promotion is that he saved Mattingly's ass.

Can you guys elucidate on why they waited so long to promote Puig? I can't seem to find a good explanation. He was amazing in the spring, and tore it up in the minors, yet they waited 3 months before calling him up and not for any particularly good reason that I can understand. I ask because I drafted him for my fantasy team, but then had to drop him 2 months into the season because he was taking up valuable space on my bench. I figured I would keep my eye on him and add him when I got hints of him being promoted, but then he got called up when I wasn't paying attention and some other schmo in my league added him. Fucking kick myself for that.

Nope, still not convinced on Donny Baseball. The one (and only) bad thing to come out of Puig's promotion is that he saved Mattingly's ass.

Mattingly seems like a good guy he just has a lot of trouble managing his bullpen and his timing with a lot of decisions just seems off. Also he is loyal to a fault...looking at you League

Can you guys elucidate on why they waited so long to promote Puig? I can't seem to find a good explanation. He was amazing in the spring, and tore it up in the minors, yet they waited 3 months before calling him up and not for any particularly good reason that I can understand. I ask because I drafted him for my fantasy team, but then had to drop him 2 months into the season because he was taking up valuable space on my bench. I figured I would keep my eye on him and add him when I got hints of him being promoted, but then he got called up when I wasn't paying attention and some other schmo in my league added him. Fucking kick myself for that.

Because they had 3 other high paid OF in Kemp, Ethier, and Crawford. Pretty sure they didn't call him up until Kemp and Crawford were both injured, which created a couple of openings.

Ok, that makes sense. I actually remember reading that their OF was full early in the season. I didn't, however, realize that Crawford and Kemp were both injured. Shows you how good of a fantasy player I am.

Because they had 3 other high paid OF in Kemp, Ethier, and Crawford. Pretty sure they didn't call him up until Kemp and Crawford were both injured, which created a couple of openings.

Also, waiting until after June 1st put off Puig's arbitration clock for an additional year. Meaning, he can't opt out of his contract and demand salary arbitration until 2016. If they'd called him up in May, he'd have been arbitration eligible in 2015 and thus at risk of demanding a much larger contract a year earlier than necessary. This is common practice with young, high upside prospects.

Archived