[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

He thinks only Robb. And I'm not kicking myself too much because whenever someone's happy on the show, I immediately get nervous for them and let it show even though I've read the books. I told him, "No matter who was pregnant, I would have said that. Like when Dany was pregnant and both of us were like oh haaaale no. Same thing." So I mean, I regret saying it a bit, because I have a habit of not SHUTTING THE FUCK UP even though I never outright spoil. But, at the same time, it's such a small comment and such an obvious thing in GoT world that I don't think it's a huuuuuge deal. Maybe I'm just trying to save myself some anger haha

But yeah, only Robb. Cat dying will send him into a fucking rage. I'll be surprised if he watches the finale right away. He might need to wait a little while. He loves her.

I think you are one of the people who needs to film their friend reacting to the episode. I would watch every second of it.

I think you are one of the people who needs to film their friend reacting to the episode. I would watch every second of it.

That wouldn't be suspicious...

Unsullied: Ok, I got the beer and snacks. All ready for tonight's episode. I can't believe it'been two weeks since.... what are you doing?

Book-reader: Nothing.

Unsullied: No, really. What's the camera for? On a tripod?

Book-reader: This old thing? Nothing. Just a piece of art to remind us of the twentieth century when we didn't have smart phones to record videos with.

Unsullied: Oh. (sips beer) So nothing strange is going to happen tonight?

Book-reader: Nope.

Unsullied: No sudden beheadings ordered by Joffery.

Boo-reader: No, Joffery doesn't order any beheadings. Directly.

Unsullied:That's good. Because I don't think I could stand another "Ned" moment. What's this box of kleenex for?

Unsullied: Ok, I got the beer and snacks. All ready for tonight's episode. I can't believe it'been two weeks since.... what are you doing?

Book-reader: This old thing? Nothing. Just a piece of art to remind us of the twentieth century when we didn't have smart phones to record videos with.

Unsullied:That's good. Because I don't think I could stand another "Ned" moment. What's this box of kleenex for?

I didn't mean let them know you're doing it. If you're watching on a laptop, for example, it's pretty easy to just say "I forgot to turn it off. Eh...I don't feel like getting up, it's fine." Or if you're not, hiding the camera is also a valid strategy.

Clearly it would give it away to make it super obvious. I think everyone who can should secretly record their friend's reactions for the whole episode and show them afterwards.

I know. Your post just created a funny scene in my head and so I typed it out. :)

Ah. Well then. When I have my marathon with that friend who still hasn't reached Ned's death (I spoiled her for that one, but she doesn't know when or how it's coming. She's surprised he's lasted this long [just finished episode 8]), I plan to record it because we watch on my laptop. She has somehow managed to remain unspoiled. It will be wonderful.

LOL. not suspicious at all ;)

Alright, so my wonderful unsullied brother whom I speak of so very often decided to write down all the characters he could remember during a lecture class. When he couldn't remember names, he wrote descriptions. I am typing up the best of these descriptions for you, and I hope you laugh as hard as I did.

Everything in parentheses was added by me. Otherwise, it's his words.

- Lannister Mill Boy 1 (Willem Lannister)

- Lannister Mill Boy 2 (Whoever the other one was)

- Half-Something Corn Guy (Qhorin Halfhand)

- Ducksauce (Daxos)

- Fat Smiley (Spice King)

- He wrote "Cheese Boy" twice

- That Wildling (Osha)

- Igret (Ygritte)

- Melessendra (Melisandre)

- HBIC of Asterpor (Kraznys)

- Daenerys's Black Friend (Missandei)

- That Fat Guy With Daenerys In Episode One (Illyrio)

- Baby-Not-Randall (Gilly's kid)

- Second Guy Arya Killed Via Jaqen (I don't remember his name)

- Guy Arya Said Was Gendry-- Blonde, Skinny Sword (Lommy)

- Robb's Bitch (Talisa)

- Interchangable Whore (Ros)

- Other Guy Who Has Dreams (Jojen)

- The Aforementioned's Sister (Meera)

- Walter Frey (Walder Frey)

- Guy Marrying Frey's Daughter (Edmure)

- Guy With Heads In Bag Last Episode (Daario)

- Head #1, Head #2 (Mero and the other guy)

- The Girl Who Stitched A Rose, To Granny's Chagrin (I don't think she had a name)

- Girl Who Started To Fuck Theon #1 (I don't remember their names.)

- Girl Who Started To Fuck Theon #2 (I don't remember their names.)

- Guy Jaime Stabbed Who You [shiola, me] Like (Jory)

- Guy Who Robb Executed (Karstark)

- Guy Who Was With Arya (Yoren)

- Guy Who Has Been Resurrected 6 or 5 Times (Beric)

- Guy Who Theon Killed At Winterfell And It's Sad-- Maester Llewyn (Maestar Luwin)

- Old Dude at Castle Black 1-- Good (Jeor)

- Old Dude at Castle Black 2-- Bad (Thorne)

- Guy Who Fucks His Daughters (Craster)

- Big Guy-- Possession = Abstract (Mord)

- Guy Who Was Like, "I Got Powerful Friends" (Can't remember his name)

- Guy Now With Daenerys (Barristan)

- Osha's Ex-Hubby (Yet he didn't get Osha earlier)

- Tyrion's WHORE Wife (Tysha)

- Che (Shae)

- Other Guy With Jon At First 1 (Pyp)

- Other Guy With Jon At First 2 (Grenn)

My favorite is Half-Something Corn Guy, but Walter Frey is a close second. I was almost crying from laughter at both of them.

Theda and BobbyBuilderton, I had to dip out on our discussion last night to put in a long day at work. Essentially we have a philosophical difference, no big deal. I don't think that a person has any moral culpability for killing if it is in defense of themselves or others. That's the way the law has come down historically also, I get the sense that at least Bobby thinks that someone who lets himself be killed or let's someone else be killed when he/she has the ability to stop it is somehow morally superior to someone who chooses to kill in defense of himself or that other person. I just disagree with that view that's all. Enjoyed the discussion.

My friend thinks that the person who has Theon is more obvious than the bastard from house Bolton. Overall, he finds what's going on in KL to be way more interesting than everything else. However, he is intrigued by the lord of light stuff

"I think gendry is going to escape, rob stark is going to die before aria gets to him. Bran is going to do something I'm not interested in and tyrions life is gonna suck. Btw I'm going crazy about everything that's happening in kings landing."

Him:Little fingers is a cruel man

Me: Lol Littlefinger is THE BEST

Him:He's pretty scary. I'd venture to say he's the most powerful man in westeros. I'm pretty worried for sansa because of him.

Me: But sansa has tyrion to protect her

Him:Lord balish-if that's how you spell it- is pretty cunning though. He found out about what happened with that one important whore lady and had Joffrey kill her. I'm sure he can find a way through tyrion.

Me: Tyrion outsmarted him when he found out the old guy was cerseis spy

Him: Right. I forgot about that. Man...This is so much more interesting than the wars.

Me: Well lucky for you, Tywin seems pretty confident the war is almost over. Which is weird because nobodys done much fighting this season

trolololo

That's what I thought, but in interviews they keep repeating that it's "one book over two seasons". Bran's ADwD material will certainly be pushed forward. I thought Dany's would be too, but she can't leave Slaver's Bay until all the other characters have arrived.

They actually haven't said 'one book over two seasons' at all. What D&D have said that as from Season 3, they are not working on the basis of so many seasons per book - rather, they are concentrating on telling the overall story in the best way they can for TV. On a 'very rough' basis, they indicated that ASOS will cover Season 3 and the first half of Season 4 (so around 15 episodes), but they have also made it clear that things would be moved around slightly as required to make sense in the story as a whole. This explains why we have had Theon torture in Season 3, when effectively he 'disappeared' in the books for a long time and we only got his memories of what happened to him. We've already seen that happen between Seasons 2 and 3, where the Tullys and Riverrun were held over to S3, but some part of the Jaime and Brienne journey was brought forward. And of course, thinking of 'seasons per book' makes no sense when it comes to AFFC and ADWD, because those books are mostly in parallel - the TV show will have to re-integrate them so as to keep events in chronological order, and avoid having main characters disappear for a season or more.

Every time I see that a non-reader thought Sansa was cruel and that they felt sorry for Tyrion a little part of me dies inside.

We have the luxury of knowing all of Tyrios asides in the book....a show watcher would just see a pretty girl spurning a poor little dwarf .....but I guess it would be cruel to remind the non readers that is family is responsible for practically wiping out her family....and that she is for all intents and purposes...still a hostage.....perhaps Sophie Turner could do a better job of looking emotionally inaccessable and completely numb ...In the books...she is describred perfectly as "being alone in the world"....

They actually haven't said 'one book over two seasons' at all. What D&D have said that as from Season 3, they are not working on the basis of so many seasons per book - rather, they are concentrating on telling the overall story in the best way they can for TV. On a 'very rough' basis, they indicated that ASOS will cover Season 3 and the first half of Season 4 (so around 15 episodes), but they have also made it clear that things would be moved around slightly as required to make sense in the story as a whole. This explains why we have had Theon torture in Season 3, when effectively he 'disappeared' in the books for a long time and we only got his memories of what happened to him. We've already seen that happen between Seasons 2 and 3, where the Tullys and Riverrun were held over to S3, but some part of the Jaime and Brienne journey was brought forward. And of course, thinking of 'seasons per book' makes no sense when it comes to AFFC and ADWD, because those books are mostly in parallel - the TV show will have to re-integrate them so as to keep events in chronological order, and avoid having main characters disappear for a season or more.

GRRM has basically said all will be split in two seasons....for the main reason is that it gives him time to write the books.....HBO is hard on his heels ...and he's even said he didn't think they'd be able to get the show done so fast....but for the most part..they are splitting the books to give him time to complete his writing....and lets face it ....they are long books and intracate story lines.....

I have a few friends that have watched every episode and they are not too good with names as well. One of my friends, as of 5 episodes ago referred to Dany as "Dragon Lady". I think it is how the show is written. There are a lot of moving parts and a lot of characters so it is probably easier to remember faces and not names.

I have a few friends that have watched every episode and they are not too good with names as well. One of my friends, as of 5 episodes ago referred to Dany as "Dragon Lady". I think it is how the show is written. There are a lot of moving parts and a lot of characters so it is probably easier to remember faces and not names.

Not that I know your friend at all, but I'd say most people who are still talking about the "Dragon Lady" or "The Funny Dwarf" etc. just aren't paying attention to the show. In E4 Dany shouts out her name - with free subtitles for all the world to see. Thinking she's called Khaleesi (which to my unending frustration my mother still does) is maybe a bit more forgivable but it really does make me worry about how these people are following any of the plot when they can't even remember names. Though I suppose for the average member of the public it's easier to remember who's being murdered today than it is to remember their complex fantasy names.

Archived