[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

My friend:

1) hates that Sam didn't pick up the dagger

2) "expected more drama" from the wedding, like someone dying or something (heh! Just wait)

3) She loves "the Dragon Lady" and Jon Snow and wants them to hook up. I told her that hasn't happened in the books yet but who knows?

LOL! My husband was like "whats up with the lizard girl". I had to explain about Greyscale.

I know! I explained greyscale to her but she didn't really believe me. She probably thinks I am trying to keep a spoiler from her :laugh:

I really like that one. It's such an easy assumption to jump to since she lives on Dragonstone and everything too :P

Another reason why she thinks she is right! She thinks shireen is locked up because she might randomly turn into a dragon :P

Funny story: At uni today, I asked my friend whether he'd seen the new episode, and the girl next to me asks "I didn't watch it, but was the Red Wedding in last night's episode?" I give her the biggest glare(since my friend hasn't read the books) and tell my friend that the Red Wedding is Sansa's wedding because she was on her period at the time :lol: Obviously he didn't buy it, as I wasn't trying to be serious either, but let's hope he doesn't put two and two together.

My poor brother is losing track of things. He thought The Hound was wasting his time going to the Twins, as that alliance ended when Robb married the nurse. I had to explain to him that Robb's uncle is taking his place. Yikes.

My friend thinks that after the Cersei-Marge dialogue and its ending, it will definitely play out the other way around.

He also thinks Cersei will try to kill Tywin for forcing her into marriage.

He correctly assumes Hound hates everyone but has a soft spot for Stark girls.

He thinks Tyrion will have to keep his watch for a looong time.

And is confused int he difference between wights and White Walkers.

EDIT: And hates Sam for not picking up the spearhead, but then he recalled Sam found more so maybe he still has some Dragonglass with him.

Most of them all thought Daario was hot, other than that, none. I'm starting to dislike the fact that some of my friends do not pay attention to the other character's storyline (Sam, Bran, Arya), they only pay attention to who's hot. Hopefully the next episode will make them pay attention.

LOL. Seems like your friends should start reconsidering how they view the show...

My sister thinks this season is the "worst one yet" because "nothing's happened". And... she's right. Everything is building up to the next two episodes and next season. Robb's story must look very strange to her, considering that he hasn't done anything of note all season. The same is true with other characters though: nothing happened in King's Landing until this episode, Stannis has only just started doing things, Theon hasn't done anything since episode 4, Bran hasn't done anything since episode 2, Jon hasn't done anything since episode 6, and Catelyn has had hardly any screentime whatsoever. I can't help but think that spreading ASoS over two seasons was a huge mistake. Personally I would have had the RW in episode 7, PW in episode 9 and Jaime's return to KL in episode 10, but it's too late for that I guess.

She seemed to enjoy this episode though, because there weren't any Robb, Jon or Theon scenes.

My sister thinks this season is the "worst one yet" because "nothing's happened". And... she's right. Everything is building up to the next two episodes and next season. Robb's story must look very strange to her, considering that he hasn't done anything of note all season. The same is true with other characters though: nothing happened in King's Landing until this episode, Stannis has only just started doing things, Theon hasn't done anything since episode 4, Bran hasn't done anything since episode 2, Jon hasn't done anything since episode 6, and Catelyn has had hardly any screentime whatsoever. I can't help but think that spreading ASoS over two seasons was a huge mistake. Personally I would have had the RW in episode 7, PW in episode 9 and Jaime's return to KL in episode 10, but it's too late for that I guess.

She seemed to enjoy this episode though, because there weren't any Robb, Jon or Theon scenes.

Funny, my friends seems to like it even though that much happens in every episode.

My sister was worried about Joffrey's threat of rape to Sansa. She was waiting for him to barge in the couple's chambers with his Kingsguards after Tyrion collapsed on the couch thing.

She also thought Daario was still planning on killing Dany even after he swore the oath. She was waiting for him to swing that arakh up and injure her.

She was also quite distraught (as well as I was) when we realized Sam actually left the obsidian with Puddles. We were both waiting for him to turn back and grab it, but no, that didn't happen.

Edit: my sister also got weirded out by the weirwood tree (I had to remind her what it was coz she was anxious it might speak, LOL) and got quite confused why there were so many crows/ravens in its branches later on.

My sister thinks this season is the "worst one yet" because "nothing's happened". And... she's right. Everything is building up to the next two episodes and next season. Robb's story must look very strange to her, considering that he hasn't done anything of note all season. The same is true with other characters though: nothing happened in King's Landing until this episode, Stannis has only just started doing things, Theon hasn't done anything since episode 4, Bran hasn't done anything since episode 2, Jon hasn't done anything since episode 6, and Catelyn has had hardly any screentime whatsoever

I partially agree with you but, are you leaving out the storylines where some things actually happen on purpose or something? I mean,

real stuff happens in jaime/Brienne's story: He gest his sword hand chopped off, evolves as a human being and saves her from a bear!

Arya's story: the fight between the Hound and Beric, Dondarrion coming back from death, Melisandre kidnapping Gendry

Sam's story: the Night's watch mutiny on Craster's Keep, Craster and Commander Mormont Killed.

Dany's story: saved from a mantichore by ser Barristan, Drogon burning the Masters and the Unsullied sacking Astapor, a battle in Yunkai coming...

I think you and your sister saying "nothing happens" is an exaggeration.

I partially agree with you but, are you leaving out the storylines where some things actually happen on purpose or something? I mean,

real stuff happens in jaime/Brienne's story: He gest his sword hand chopped off, evolves as a human being and saves her from a bear!

Arya's story: the fight between the Hound and Beric, Dondarrion coming back from death, Melisandre kidnapping Gendry

Sam's story: the Night's watch mutiny on Craster's Keep, Craster and Commander Mormont Killed.

Dany's story: saved from a mantichore by ser Barristan, Drogon burning the Masters and the Unsullied sacking Astapor, a battle in Yunkai coming...

I think you and your sister saying "nothing happens" is an exaggeration.

Yes, I deliberately left out the storylines where the plot was advanced, because I was listing the storylines where nothing had happened... And yes, "nothing's happened" was certainly an exaggeration, but generally there has been far less plot advancement than in the past two seasons.

Dany, Arya and Jaime's scenes have been praised by me, and my sister seems to have found these scenes the best. Sam's scene in the last episode was good, but overall his story has been handled terribly this year.

But the problem with Dany/Arya/Jaime's scenes is that they're all disconnected from the main plot: the war. Nothing is happening on that front, which is why the season feels so slow and uneventful, and just feels like a build-up to next season.

This just seems like a thinly veiled excuse to express your frustration with the show. Odd how your "sister" has the exact same complaints as you!

This just seems like a thinly veiled excuse to express your frustration with the show. Odd how your "sister" has the exact same complaints as you!

LOL this is so pathetic. You do realise I'm not the only person who thinks this season is slow-paced and badly written, right?

WARNING my male friends can be quite crude :)

friend; "oh man, you know that dude who brought Dany his mates heads"

me: "yeah, Daario"

friend: "he was totally eye f*cking her ay"

me: "well she pretty much presented her self to him"

friend: "oh yeah they are totally gonna be like-" uses one hand to make hole shape, uses another finger to shove in and out of said hole "-aren't they?"

me: "haha..... yeah"

Archived