Will dany and tyrion join forces?

cooper56

if they don't team up, their plotlines should ricochet off of each other somehow. Maybe their interaction sends them angrily in different directions, or Tyrion is executed, or his army takes a separate taxi back to the continent because his goals for Westeros didn't line up with Dany's? It'd be odd if no interaction happens between them and they just both start heading west. that'd be like missed connection.

Plot Armor means how both are repeatedly put in positions where they should normally die, but some how they both come out fine and survive the encounter because of the needs of the plot.

Tyrion escapes the treachery of others depite the whold world despising him not because he has "plot armor" but because he is a brilliant judge of character whose physical deformity frees him from the restraint that most people put on their own minds.

Tyrion escapes the treachery of others depite the whold world despising him not because he has "plot armor" but because he is a brilliant judge of character whose physical deformity frees him from the restraint that most people put on their own minds.

Yeah, his loving of Shae really shows his brilliant judge of character.

It is not even his escaping of treachery, it is him surviving two battles and falling into grayscale infected waters which are both signs of his plot armor.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Tyrion's childhood fascination with dragons. He has a deep-set admiration for them and though he might not show it on the surface, he may come to admire Dany. She can be cruel and naive, and she relies alot on her "council members", but Tyrion is a relatively decent man. I don't think he'd have an issue backing her claim once he meets with her. He may be sharp tongued and mocking about it, but in the end I think it's possible he pledges an oath to her

To join forces is to be equal or bring something substantial to the table, Tyrion would be going into Dany's service if she doesn't kill him. She has her LC of the KG and i think Tyrion would make a great hand.

i agree 100%..BTW your avatar is awesome. i hate they just portray daario as a prettyboy in the show and not as the tough guy/smooth-talker/circus act he is in the books

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Tyrion's childhood fascination with dragons. He has a deep-set admiration for them and though he might not show it on the surface, he may come to admire Dany. She can be cruel and naive, and she relies alot on her "council members", but Tyrion is a relatively decent man. I don't think he'd have an issue backing her claim once he meets with her. He may be sharp tongued and mocking about it, but in the end I think it's possible he pledges an oath to her

Does tv series ever mention this? Sorry been some time since i read first book unless i missed it in later one.

• 1 month later...

I actually have an alternative theory. Though it seems strange for Tyrion to travel so far to reach Danaerys and NOT meet up with her...

1. Danaerys isn't in the city, she's very far away.
  2. Even if she were there, she's not known to be forgiving, and doesn't know the half of why her father was overthrown.
  3. Tyrion is currently employed to a sell sword company on the wrong side of the battle, both in terms of winning and for fighting for Danaerys.
  4. Jeor Mormont was told he would lose his head if he ever showed up at Danaerys court again, he's following Tyrion around.
  5. Barristan controls the city right now, sort of, and he would want nothing to do with a son of Tywin Lannister who is also admits to kinslaying.

Yet, there is an alternative path. Stannis just sent an envoy to the Braavos to hire sell swords. Tyrion is now a sell sword. Frankly, having him and Jeor sounds more entertaining then him dealing with Danaerys's whims and insecurities.

I actually have an alternative theory. Though it seems strange for Tyrion to travel so far to reach Danaerys and NOT meet up with her...

1. Danaerys isn't in the city, she's very far away.

2. Even if she were there, she's not known to be forgiving, and doesn't know the half of why her father was overthrown.

3. Tyrion is currently employed to a sell sword company on the wrong side of the battle, both in terms of winning and for fighting for Danaerys.

4. Jeor Mormont was told he would lose his head if he ever showed up at Danaerys court again, he's following Tyrion around.

5. Barristan controls the city right now, sort of, and he would want nothing to do with a son of Tywin Lannister who is also admits to kinslaying.

Yet, there is an alternative path. Stannis just sent an envoy to the Braavos to hire sell swords. Tyrion is now a sell sword. Frankly, having him and Jeor sounds more entertaining then him dealing with Danaerys's whims and insecurities.

Not to mention Tyrion is in league with Brown B P now who Dany considers to be one of treasons.

but why would he prefer to do that than work with dany?

Because ultimately she wants the same thing he wants, the throne. The plan is or will be Dany and Aegon destroy each other in the dance, Tyrion sweeps in in the aftermath, and it will work.

Tyrion is the key that is missing in Dany's court of exiles. Jorah and Barristan are good with advising from a warriors' perspective, but Tyrion is a political tactician who masterfully navigated the dangerous court intrigues of King's Landing in ACoK. Dany's only window into life at King's Landing has been Barristan but he was a Kingsguard, not a courtier involved in politics like Tyrion. At this moment, no one hates the Lannisters more than Tyrion and he will be a tremendous asset to Dany. I really hope they come to admire and even like each other. I know there will obviously be a testing period in the beginning but I hope it's over quickly.

Yeah, his loving of Shae really shows his brilliant judge of character.

It is not even his escaping of treachery, it is him surviving two battles and falling into grayscale infected waters which are both signs of his plot armor.

Or he is a targaryan. And targaryans are immune to "most" diseases . Before you all explode in your typical anti-Targaryan rage I said MOST not all. Same with Danny and the pale mare when she recklessly involved herself with people who had it.

I definitely think they'll join up sometime. I'd say sometime soon but the Essos plot line is moving as slow as molasses at this point so who can say when it will occur.

I'm sure Tyrion will be very useful to Dani - at least until he steals one of her dragons. That's my best guess as to what will happen anyway. It's foreshadowed by the lion part of the betrayal prophecy and by Tyrion's dreams of riding dragons.

I'm convinced they'll eventually meet and team up, but I'm really curious how it's going to happen. There are still a few obstacles, but they are both (consciously or not) working at making them disappear:

- Tyrion is with Jorah and Brown Ben Plumm. But he definitely has a plan to bring them on Daenerys' side (they'll most probably betray the Yunkish and help Barristan in the battle to come), and Dany has been missing Jorah (who is still loyal to her)

- Daenerys is far away, but trying to get back to the city

- Daenerys has a very poor knowledge of the rebellion, and hates anyone who had anything to do with it. Tyrion is a Lannister, which may trigger her wroth. However, he did kill his own father, and has an unmatched knowledge of both his brother and his sister, therefore can prove very useful

Tyrion is probably the best Hand pictured in the books so far (along with his father), and he has a huge knowledge of dragons, could teach her a lot about Westeros. His biggest quality may be that he is devious enough (yet not cruel) to know and do what needs to be done, which has been her biggest weakness so far.

However, I can't help thinking it's not going to happen smoothly. Tyrion loves irony, and isn't used to keeping his thoughts to himself. He's not very fond of respect, and she's surely not going to like being defied by a Lannister dwarf. Besides, she's been warned not to trust lions (during Qaithe last apparition I reckon), so she'll definitely be suspicious...

• 7 months later...

Archived