[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ OP)

I'm grateful that fans on this site pointed out to me the meaning of the "Jaime / Lannisters send their regards" was that Catelyn's release of Jaime made the RW possible. I hadn't previously understood why, of all the things Bolton could have chosen to say, he picked that one. Evil B$%@*#$.

Yes, but it's also a, hey I had Jaime in my grasp, I could've sent him back to you or imprisoned him and severely strengthened our position (at least in the Northmen's eyes), but instead I sent him home (and had planned to betray you long ago). By the way he wanted me to tell you he says hello! Brutal line really, but I still think "The Lannisters" works, since I'm sure they're all very grateful for Roose releasing him and ultimately this was a Tywin machination.

As for my Posnits (Yes I'm coining that):

- Rickon in like 4 lines of dialogue makes you actually care about him. I never once cared for book Rickon. I didn't even know where the fuck Skagos was so this was really welcome and a reminder that good parenting generally breads non-asshole kids.

- Blackfish reminding us he's not married and unable to contain himself at the sight of those Frey maids.

- Walder still unable to remember his granddaughter's names

- Walder actually seeming possibly amiable for a few select moments

- Bread and salt - complete bookreader nod so I can appreciate those every time

- Stranger always seems super agitated and uneasy. I don't even know if that's intentional but the horse seems pretty restless

- The best line Jon's delivered this year was "You were right the whole time!" I actually laughed. What a fuck you to a guy you just (almost) killed.

- Iain Glenn is just so awesome. When he gets all sad at Dany prioritizing Daario's survival equally with the taking of the city that he had almost died for (Of course Daario almost does too, but Jorah doesn't care about that), and the first question she asks isn't if he's ok or hurt, or even to thank him but to ask about Daario. He was crushed and I honestly felt so bad for him. Fucking Iain Glenn

- Cat's suspicious look at Roose when he mentions he will marry Fat Walda. Awesome! She's always thinking about causation and the meaning behind things. This was her first clue that Bolton was in on this.

- Sandor eating boar. Boar is the universal aSoIaF food that symbolizes the end of regime or perhaps a power-shift as Dr. Pepper once pointed out. When I saw him eating it my heart skipped a beat even though I knew what was happening anyways.

Well that's enough but this whole episode had countless little excellent details and I'm so happy with it.

Wow. Loved this episode. I could be very specific, but that would take to long, so here are a few general things I thought were great:

• Hound and Arya interaction
  • 3 very distinct fighting styles with the guards at Yunkai
  • Bran AND Rickon
  • Jon's escape all around
  • Walder fucking Frey
  • Reveal to Edmure of his pretty bride

Yes to all this! My expectations for this episode were so high because of the RW. All of the above were total unexpected pleasures.

^ I have to admit, I giggled a little bit when Jorah's face fell when Dany asked about Daario. It's like "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE MEEEEEE?!"

I love how he immediately showed up right after she said his name

Cheesy lol

Roslin is so beautiful! I feel so bad for her and Edmure. They're my favorite ASoIAF couple somehow. >.<

I gasped when I saw her face and said, literally, "So pretty!" I knew what was coming, but seeing how pretty she was on screen, and seeing Edmure's reaction---dopey, unlikable Edmure---was visceral in a way that the books just couldn't be.

I love how he immediately showed up right after she said his name

Cheesy lol

Hahaha, I didn't really make that connection. I love that Daario is basically the Tony Wonder of the GoT universe.

^ I have to admit, I giggled a little bit when Jorah's face fell when Dany asked about Daario. It's like "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE MEEEEEE?!"

This is why they are my OTP. I WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER. He betrayed her, but as far as I'm concerned he only did it because it was return to his family and removing the shame he put on his house vs be loyal to this girl that he doesn't know. He did the right thing and, unlike Theon, chose the relationship he'd built over his blood ties. He made a bad decision but since then he's been loyal. Now, book Jorah is a different story....

HIS FACE THOUGH ugh my heart broke in two

I gasped when I saw her face and said, literally, "So pretty!" I knew what was coming, but seeing how pretty she was on screen, and seeing Edmure's reaction---dopey, unlikable Edmure---was visceral in a way that the books just couldn't be.

Roslin was definitely a positive ;)

This is why they are my OTP. I WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER. He betrayed her, but as far as I'm concerned he only did it because it was return to his family and removing the shame he put on his house vs be loyal to this girl that he doesn't know. He did the right thing and, unlike Theon, chose the relationship he'd built over his blood ties. He made a bad decision but since then he's been loyal. Now, book Jorah is a different story....

HIS FACE THOUGH ugh my heart broke in two

But... she doesn't fancy him. The "relationship" such as it is is emphasised a lot less in the TV show than the book, so I couldn't state for certain whether they will go in a slightly different direction in the show, but I would assume that they will stick with the basic outline that Jorah loves Daenarys, but she doesn't reciprocate. I really, really don't want to see them get together, because there's been no indication that Daenerys is actually attracted to Jorah, despite the fact that she does care for him as a friend and advisor. One sided relationships, not so fun. Hence my enjoyment of this scene, I guess...

- The twisted, sociopathic smile from Roose. Eek! He and Ramsey are going to make a great duo.

- Talisa's death was disgusting. Robbs' and Cats' both perfect. Michelle Fairley should at least get a nomination for her performance.

Also, Jon ditching the Wildlings was a great moment for the sole reason that I'm bored of that storyline. :cool4:

I almost felt Roose was flirting with Cat. It made a sick kind of sense---they're the same generation, grew up high born together, have probably been at weddings together many times before. I've seen middle aged folk flirt like that, innocently---YET SO NOT in this case. The ultimate mindfuck.

I enjoyed Arya and Sandor snapping at each other like the unsocialized feral beings that they are. I really like that Arya is smart and brave and trying so very hard to be an adult... but she's a kid. She doesn't remotely comprehend Sandor's motivations. She doesn't have a good sense of her limitations. She's not amazing at everything, but she's also not just a useless screaming moppet.

I like that Daario's speech patterns are sorta similar to Jaquen's; its a neat way of talking and it builds a little world.

I'm glad we're done speculating about Talisa. :)

Ygritte's look of disbelief that Jon abandoned her, right after she risked her neck again for him, was incredible. She put it all on the line for him and he rode off on a horse to warn his people without looking back.

I'm grateful that fans on this site pointed out to me the meaning of the "Jaime / Lannisters send their regards" was that Catelyn's release of Jaime made the RW possible. I hadn't previously understood why, of all the things Bolton could have chosen to say, he picked that one. Evil B$%@*#$.

Jaime told Roose to give Robb his regards when he left Harranhall, on screen and in the books. Roose was just relaying the message.

I loved Cat bitch slapping him and him not even blinking. How much I love to hate that monster!

But... she doesn't fancy him. The "relationship" such as it is is emphasised a lot less in the TV show than the book, so I couldn't state for certain whether they will go in a slightly different direction in the show, but I would assume that they will stick with the basic outline that Jorah loves Daenarys, but she doesn't reciprocate. I really, really don't want to see them get together, because there's been no indication that Daenerys is actually attracted to Jorah, despite the fact that she does care for him as a friend and advisor. One sided relationships, not so fun. Hence my enjoyment of this scene, I guess...

I loved it! Especially when Daario called him on his suspicions. Foreshadowing?

I really, really like this episode (I didn't love it - but I'll put all that somewhere else after I finish work)

But right now - my happy thoughts:

I loved Roose Bolton and Walder Frey (not in I think they are awesome and my favourite characters, kind of way.), I thought they were really well acted. It made me hate them but then, I want to see more of them. I think they are fascinating to watch (and read about). (Actually I think I like TV Walder better atm. )

I really liked Bran and Rickons goodbye - I still think it makes more sense to split them up earlier though. But in saying that, I have began to see why Luwin said to send them to Jon. In the show Jon is a lot older and could possibly look after them or find somewhere safe to send them (Luwin's thinking), though Luwin obviously didn't know that Jon wasn't at the wall.

I think I almost prefer this goodbye. The boy that plays Rickon did a very good job at it.

I like Arya and the Hound leading up to the Twins. I thought the Hound was starting to get more agreesive to her, like in the books. But my favourite part was his fascial reaction after she hit the guy over the head. Wicked :)

I liked that there was a bit more of Cat

I liked Jon's scenes (though I wish he got shot in the leg). I kept yelling (really quietly because everyone was asleep - I know doesn't make sense) to 'shot him god damn it'

Anyway, apologies if this doesn't make sense - I'm heading out the door.

I loved how they delayed Daario's entrance to bring Dany the banner of Yunkai.

He is such a douche he was probably just waiting a few extra seconds for Dany to notice him not being there with Jorah and Grey Worm, make mention of it then enter in all his glory fall to his knees and make her heart melt. Perfectly done. Also as many have said, Ian Glenn's facial expression from joy to defeat.

I loved how they delayed Daario's entrance to bring Dany the banner of Yunkai.

He is such a douche he was probably just waiting a few extra seconds for Dany to notice him not being there with Jorah and Grey Worm, make mention of it then enter in all his glory fall to his knees and make her heart melt. Perfectly done. Also as many have said, Ian Glenn's facial expression from joy to defeat.

So sad. https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/935923_529523900441186_660483731_n.jpg :(

Archived