[BOOK SPOILERS] Jaime?

Rashtibram

I'm eager to see Brienne scenes with the Tyrell because, up until the bath tub scene, Jaime struck me as a bit jealous of Renly or, at the very least, he was painfully aware of Brienne's devotion for him.

It should be interesting to hear both Margaery's and Loras's perspective on it.

Especially because its that devotion what convinced Loras that Brienne had nothing to do with Renly's murder. The more they defend her, the trickier it'll get for the Kingslayer.

... Jamie being in kings landing is stuck between a rock and a hard place, and should provide him with some real soul searching moments with brienne that should make for good tv.

I think the problem is not good TV, but that Jaime promised Brienne two Stark girls and, as of the season finale, he doesn't even know Arya is missing.

I can picture Brienne ultimately understanding Jaime had no idea about Arya Stark, but not without a fight.

I can certainly picture Renly being brought up at least once during that fight, and I can picture their old issues coming to play, all over again, because of that. Especially because neither one of them knows about Edmure's wedding either.

I can see Jaime having Brienne go after Arya instead of Sansa next season since no one knows where Arya is at. Unless the Purple Wedding happens really early like episode 2 or 3 then I doubt he'll have her go after Sansa.

And why couldn't she be sent to her aunt? Also, you forget she still has a living brother. Nevermind he's a half-brother and a bastard, everyone knows Ned brought up Jon as a sibling to Sansa, and it doesn't take a genius to work out her life would be better anywhere than as a prisoner in KL, with Tywin pushing Tyrion to impregnate her so the Lannisters can have a claim to Winterfell.

And what's your point in reference to Jaime's storyline?

This is speculation. Why even bother introducing the BwB and the whole bringing people back to life malarkey if not to use it later on for zombie!Cat? And anyway, not to have LS might be ok for you, but it isn't for me and a massive chunk of book readers. The moment they stray too much from the books is the moment GoT ceases to be an adaptation and that's not ok.

So you send Sansa to the Wall? Last time i checked the nights watch didn't take women. I see Brienne offering to be Sansa Personal Guard up until she escapes with little finger. Brienne doesn't know Jon Snow, and i seriously doubt lady stark would have mentioned him at any point. Sending her to her aunt(which she's never met) is plausible, but Tywin would never allow that, at this point in the story, Choices Sansa has made have left her well and truly fucked, Briennes Job was to bring her back to lady stark, so i expect the first episode to be a "well shit what do i do now" And more of the moral questions regarding knights and oaths.

I can see Jaime having Brienne go after Arya instead of Sansa next season since no one knows where Arya is at. Unless the Purple Wedding happens really early like episode 2 or 3 then I doubt he'll have her go after Sansa.

I think this is a good point. It makes no sense to send Brienne after Sansa when they both know where she's at, especially if the search begins shortly before Tywin dies.

It would make far more sense for Brienne to go after Arya and trust Jaime to stay behind to track his sister in law. Far less suspicious too, if only because Jaime could tell everyone Brienne just went back to Tarth and no one would suspect of him as a Lannister.

ETA: That way, they would be working together as a team rather than spending a season apart.

So you send Sansa to the Wall? Last time i checked the nights watch didn't take women. I see Brienne offering to be Sansa Personal Guard up until she escapes with little finger. Brienne doesn't know Jon Snow, and i seriously doubt lady stark would have mentioned him at any point. Sending her to her aunt(which she's never met) is plausible, but Tywin would never allow that, at this point in the story, Choices Sansa has made have left her well and truly fucked, Briennes Job was to bring her back to lady stark, so i expect the first episode to be a "well shit what do i do now" And more of the moral questions regarding knights and oaths.

Why not? Sam brought Gilly to the NW and she's no one to him, why wouldn't Jon's little sister who has lost her family be allowed to stay for a time? Or at least, she could be reunited with Jon, and at that point it's in Jon's hands what to do. Brienne might not know about him, but Jaime would be aware of the fact Sansa still has an aunt and and an half-brother she could go to. And I know Tywin would never allowed it and this is another matter, but for both Jaime and Brienne not to try would be a plot hole and out of character. The people who say there's nowhere to take Sansa are wrong.

I think this is a good point. It makes no sense to send Brienne after Sansa when they both know where she's at, especially if the search begins shortly before Tywin dies.

It would make far more sense for Brienne to go after Arya and trust Jaime to stay behind to track his sister in law. Far less suspicious too, if only because Jaime could tell everyone Brienne just went back to Tarth and no one would suspect of him as a Lannister.

To go after Arya would make no sense, because she's been missing for like a year. Where would you even start? Brienne's quest for Sansa in the books was fairly hopeless, but still they at least knew Sansa had run away and not that much time had passed, but with Arya is a different matter entirely and it would be silly. Also, Sansa isn't safe in KL; she's married into the family who killed her own, Tywin is pushing for Tyrion to impregnate her so they have a claim to Winterfell and presumably get rid of her once she's had a child, and Joffrey torments her. To attempt to get Sansa away should be a priority.

Why not? Sam brought Gilly to the NW and she's no one to him, why wouldn't Jon's little sister who has lost her family be allowed to stay for a time? Or at least, she could be reunited with Jon, and at that point it's in Jon's hands what to do. Brienne might not know about him, but Jaime would be aware of the fact Sansa still has an aunt and and an half-brother she could go to. And I know Tywin would never allowed it and this is another matter, but for both Jaime and Brienne not to try would be a plot hole and out of character. The people who say there's nowhere to take Sansa are wrong.

To go after Arya would make no sense, because she's been missing for like a year. Where would you even start? Brienne's quest for Sansa in the books was fairly hopeless, but still they at least knew Sansa had run away and not that much time had passed, but with Arya is a different matter entirely and it would be silly. Also, Sansa isn't safe in KL; she's married into the family who killed her own, Tywin is pushing for Tyrion to impregnate her so they have a claim to Winterfell and presumably get rid of her once she's had a child, and Joffrey torments her. To attempt to get Sansa away should be a priority.

Might Brienne even take Sansa to her Aunt for protection?

Brienne can't take Tyrion's wife anywhere because she was sworn to serve Catelyn Stark: no one in King's Landing would ever let her near Sansa Stark.

Jaime, on the other hand, is the official brother in law, he could perfectly stay behind to relocate his brother's wife as soon as Brienne finds her sister.

They already have a convenient excuse, like going back to Tarth, for Brienne to go and search for Arya Stark.

Brienne can't take Tyrion's wife anywhere because she was sworn to serve Catelyn Stark: no one in King's Landing would ever let her near Sansa Stark.

Jaime, on the other hand, is the official brother in law, he could perfectly stay behind to relocate his brother's wife as soon as Brienne finds her sister.

They already have a convenient excuse, like going back to Tarth, for Brienne to go and search for Arya Stark.

I think your scenario has merit, but I was thinking more in the aftermath of the PW, when Sansa is a suspect- Jaime could release Brienne and charge her with delivering Sansa to the Eyrie to fulfill her oath.

Obviously, Brienne couldn't very well do that if she's already out looking for Arya. But Arya's trail would be pretty cold- though if Brienne met up with the BwB...Hmm. Might work.

No one would look for Arya Stark. I can't see how this makes any sense to you, silentwanderer. Arya has been missing for a year, where would Brienne even start looking for her? For all they know Arya is probably dead because it's been way way too long to make a search for Arya a reasonable option. It would be taking the piss if the writers did that.

It would be Jaime to try and get Sansa to run away with Brienne either to go to her aunt or brother.

I think your scenario has merit, but I was thinking more in the aftermath of the PW, when Sansa is a suspect- Jaime could release Brienne and charge her with delivering Sansa to the Eyrie to fulfill her oath.

Obviously, Brienne couldn't very well do that if she's already out looking for Arya. But Arya's trail would be pretty cold- though if Brienne met up with the BwB...Hmm. Might work.

Then again, Jaime knows something the rest of the Lannisters have seemed to forget: The Starks have a bastard brother on the Wall. And a Night's Watch brother marched to the Wall the morning Arya "vanished" into thin air.

While his whole family think as politicians, Jaime still thinks like a soldier and a soldier would certainly see the opportunity presented here.

Brienne's status as a sworn knight of Lady Catelyn is not going to change before or after Joffrey's wedding, the Lannister would never trust her with Sansa.

However, Jaime can trust her with a few Night's Watch brothers, the Brotherhood without Banners and Harrenhal, especially after Lord Bolton is revealed as the one who betrayed Robb Stark.

Gilly's remaining family wasn't just slaughtered by the new warden of the north, Jons got more arrows in him then a sign post at the fork, they would never send her north, the only option is to her aunt, and again tywin would never allow it, not after Tyrions last visit,

Gilly's remaining family wasn't just slaughtered by the new warden of the north, Jons got more arrows in him then a sign post at the fork, they would never send her north, the only option is to her aunt, and again tywin would never allow it, not after Tyrions last visit,

How would Jaime know about Jon and the arrows? I agree that Tywin would not allow her to go, but that's not the point I'm making. For Jaime and Brienne not to try to get Sansa away despite Tywin would be OOC, and defy the point of that storyline.

Brienne's status as a sworn knight of Lady Catelyn is not going to change before or after Joffrey's wedding, the Lannister would never trust her with Sansa.

However, Jaime can trust her with a few Night's Watch brothers, the Brotherhood without Banners and Harrenhal, especially after Lord Bolton is revealed as the one who betrayed Robb Stark.

If Jaime sent Sansa off with Brienne, it would be a rogue move regardless. (The Lannisters wouldn't want her leaving the capital with anyone as she is needed for questioning in the matter of Joffrey's murder)

Wait, what are you saying about the Night's Watch, Brotherhood without Banners and Harrenhal?

Vary's has used his crystal ball valar morghulis, not logical complicating that plot?

Brienne will be tasked with Sansa expectation here? The knight'ed stupid, the only time we gots to see the clown. He has disappeared after Season 2. It would have made sense to add him at some point. Brienne looks to fill that role now. Still open from that scene but no build up unlikely as Littlefinger took over his role in those conversations.

Where is Jeyne the one that ryhmes with plain? Introduced via teleport, not if Asha has anything to say

Wait, what are you saying about the Night's Watch, Brotherhood without Banners and Harrenhal?

Jaime thinks like a soldier and soldiers tend to rely on their brothers-in-arms: same as he relied on Brienne on the road back to King's Landing, a Night's Watch brother would rely on a fellow brother to take his sister away from King's Landing.

This is something a politician would not think about, regardless if Tyrion remembers Jon is at the Night's Watch or Cersei that a Night's Watch brother left the morning Arya disappeared.

The Lannisters know Yoren never made it to the Wall, but Tywin also believes Ser Armory Loch was kiled by the Brotherhood Without Banners. Its only logical to assume the Brotherhood would be with Arya if they eliminated the man that killed Yoren (especially since Tywin believes they were after him at Harrenhal).

Once again, this is a line of thinking suited for a soldier mentality. And Jaime is the only one with a soldier mentality in his family.

How would Jaime know about Jon and the arrows? I agree that Tywin would not allow her to go, but that's not the point I'm making. For Jaime and Brienne not to try to get Sansa away despite Tywin would be OOC, and defy the point of that storyline.

The whole thing was, Lady stark traded jamie for the stark girls. An Oath Jamie could try and keep. With lady stark dead the oath died with it..

Brienne's choices and how jamie helps here, I think will make for more interesting TV than what we got in the books which was "Wall shes not here, so uhh.. heres a sword, and a piece of paper...Goodluck"

This. It would be so obvious to anyone walking in on the scene at KL that Sansa is in a heap of trouble and it's about to get a lot worse. I just can't see Jaime or Brienne not doing everything in their power to get her out of there.

Every option to get the story back on track seems to be worse than the one before.

The whole thing was, Lady stark traded jamie for the stark girls. An Oath Jamie could try and keep. With lady stark dead the oath died with it..

Brienne's choices and how jamie helps here, I think will make for more interesting TV than what we got in the books which was "Wall shes not here, so uhh.. heres a sword, and a piece of paper...Goodluck"

We're not disagreeing with the fact that having to make these choices might make interesting tv, I hope it does because otherwise this change is pointless. What I'm trying to say is that it's important that Jaime and Brienne trying to get Sansa away from KL is featured next season. Some posters are saying that Sansa is married to Tyrion and there's nowhere she could go (which is untrue) so Jaime and Brienne would do nothing, but if they did nothing it wouldn't make any sense because they actually have the choice to do something with this change. Also, the oath doesn't die with Cat, certainly not for Brienne, and a big part of Jaime's story too has to do his promise to Catelyn. In AFFC, Jaime often hopes Brienne is successful in her quest, so it does matter to him.

This. It would be so obvious to anyone walking in on the scene at KL that Sansa is in a heap of trouble and it's about to get a lot worse. I just can't see Jaime or Brienne not doing everything in their power to get her out of there.

Every option to get the story back on track seems to be worse than the one before.

This is what I seriously disliked this season, that the sense of how in danger Sansa is in KL has pretty much gone. She's not that careful about hiding her feelings now, Cersei doesn't torment her anymore (why oh why did they leave that amazing scene of Cersei dragging her to get married?) and she's surprisingly fine with being married to Tyrion. I wanted to see her conflicted, and it's not happening.

Archived