[BOOK SPOILERS] Is LS Cut?

teemo

I actually dont think she was cut. There was enough Beric and Thoros foreshadowing that it wouldnt make sense to not include UnCat. I think it will happen rather late next season. Its Coldhands im more worried about being cut.

Agreed. While I desperately hoped to get 90 seconds of shock with UnCat to end the season, having her at, say, the end of S04E01 would pack a nice punch, given people have had more time to accept and grieve her death. To add even more to the above quote, I'm terrified that Coldhands may have been given the ax. If it comes to pass, this will be a huge disappointment for me, because getting an actual visual of him would really help push the theories of his history.

And yes, Dany's mhysa scene was lame. It looked like it was staged to a complete fault. Everything was geometrically correct. Just kind of silly. It doesn't seem like a moment of genuine gratitude from the Yunkai'i nor a moment of awe from Dany's crew.

I actually dont think she was cut. There was enough Beric and Thoros foreshadowing that it wouldnt make sense to not include UnCat. I think it will happen rather late next season. Its Coldhands im more worried about being cut.

They could have Bran and the gang being ambushed by a group of wights, where Bran wargs into Hodor, only to be saved by Coldhands to takes them to Bloodraven's cave. It might seem like deus ex machina, but Coldhands' introduction in the books can also be considered as such. I would go with this option.

Of course, I would have also gone with revealing Ramsay right before the RW, and unCat being in this episode, so I might have just guessed the exact opposite :dunno:

I know it would've been too soon in the series, and a lot of viewers would have missed something like this, but I was really hoping for an after the credits eye-opening of Lady Stoneheart.

Just a shot of the eyes, didn't have to give away that it was Catelyn or anything, just something to make the audience say "What the hell was that?" and give them a burning curiosity for the next season like the epic white walker scene from last season.

They could have Bran and the gang being ambushed by a group of wights, where Bran wargs into Hodor, only to be saved by Coldhands to takes them to Bloodraven's cave. It might seem like deus ex machina, but Coldhands' introduction in the books can also be considered as such. I would go with this option.

That's what I'm hoping for, if for no other reason than to save all his screen-time for that one scene where they can really invest some money in his appearance, maybe even give him the elk and the ravens too since it's the first time we'd be seeing him.

Wait, you think she's cut because she doesn't show up in the episode dealing with the immediate aftermath of the Red Wedding??? Rofl what???

She doesn't even appear in the books until the end of ASOS!

They make a lot of changes, some of them help the narrative of the story. In this case, having her being brough back (only that) at the end of the season could have helped to keep the interest on the Starks alive and well.

While I didn't expect unCat to show in the finale, I thought that it would have great, esp for people who haven't read the books and need a little reassurance after the RW. But there just wasn't enough time to squeeze in Beric & co and the whole story of how she becomes unCat, and it wouldn't make sense for her to just appear without that storyline in place.

They make a lot of changes, some of them help the narrative of the story. In this case, having her being brough back (only that) at the end of the season could have helped to keep the interest on the Starks alive and well.

She just died! In fact this episode started moments after it. It would really cheapen her death to have her come back half an episode later.

Ehh, if Coldhands happens at all, he'll happen pretty soon next season and probably in a similar manner.

That's what I'm hoping for, if for no other reason than to save all his screen-time for that one scene where they can really invest some money in his appearance, maybe even give him the elk and the ravens too since it's the first time we'd be seeing him.

If they include Coldhands and the ravens, maybe they could explain that the ravens before Sam the Slayer were sent to warn Sam and Gilly?

People, people! We don't have time for Lady Stoneheart! We have to show Dany crowd surfing for five minutes. How will the viewers know she is the Breaker of Chains? How will they know she has dragons? How will they know she exists, if we don't show her playing with dragons and poor slaves that the mighty fair skinned hope has freed yet again?

While Coldhands is certainly a cool character, I'm not really sure if how much of a part he will play in the story. Is he ever mentioned again after Bran leaves him?

Archived