How will the TV Audience feel about Tyrion? (Book 3 Spoiler)

Bridgeburners

When I read that part in the books it wasn't Tyrion I hated, it was Shae. Shae the demon! My jaw dropped when she was testifying against him. I know she might have been put up to it, but she was being absolutely horrible! I think she deserved her end.

I dont feel like reading through all these pages so ill just say it and hope I'm the first to bring it up, I wonder what the viewers will think when he rapes that prostitute?

a lot of people around here don't like to admit it's rape. I hope the show watchers aren't as stupid about it,

I'm almost sure TV!Tyrion won't rape anyone

He'll probably gently embrace her and whisper, "no woman should have to live a life of this," and pass her a huge amount of gold, saying, "please, my good lady, go live a better life," and he walks away into the night.

Tyrion stared up at his father's hard green eyes with their flecks of cold bright gold. "Guilty," he said, "so guilty. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Lord Tywin said nothing. Mace Tyrell nodded. Prince Oberyn looked mildly disappointed. "You admit you poisoned the king?"

"Nothing of the sort," said Tyrion. "Of Joffrey's death I am innocent. I am guilty of a more monstrous crime." He took a step toward his father. "I was born. I lived. I am guilty of being a dwarf, I confess it. And no matter how many times my good father forgave me, I have persisted in my infamy."

"This is folly, Tyrion," declared Lord Tywin. "Speak to the matter at hand. You are not on trial for being a dwarf."

"That is where you err, my lord. I have been on trial for being a dwarf my entire life."

"Have you nothing to say in your defense?"

"Nothing but this: I did not do it. Yet now I wish I had." He turned to face the hall, that sea of pale faces. "I wish I had enough poison for you all. You make me sorry that I'm not the monster you would have me be, yet there it is. I am innocent, but I will get no justice here."

If the trial plays out like this I see no reason for the TV audience to turn on Tyrion.

I dont feel like reading through all these pages so ill just say it and hope I'm the first to bring it up, I wonder what the viewers will think when he rapes that prostitute?

That part was hard to read. Even Tyrion's own self-loathing during that scene didn't help alleviate my own loathing of him.

But remember, I only specified "Book 3 Spoiler" in the thread title, and the mods are a little tight on this, so let's be careful before mentioning FFC and DwD stuff. Not that what you said was much of a big spoiler, but still....

Characterwise Shae is one of the biggest deviations from the books, she is a completely different person (and so is there relationship). I think it's highly unlikely Tyrion will kill her, either she dies by Tywin's hand or her fate is left ambiguous/she is disappeared, allowing Tyrion to wonder where whores go.

Characterwise Shae is one of the biggest deviations from the books, she is a completely different person (and so is there relationship). I think it's highly unlikely Tyrion will kill her, either she dies by Tywin's hand or her fate is left ambiguous/she is disappeared, allowing Tyrion to wonder where whores go.

I completely agree with you about Shae in the books compared to Shae in the show, but she will still turn on Tyrion, just like Bron will still refuse to be Tyrion's champion. Shae's death has to happen and if they refuse to do it, I will be disappointed, it would cowardly for the show runners to let her survive in the aftermath of King Joffery's murder and Tyrion's trial/escape.

He'll probably gently embrace her and whisper, "no woman should have to live a life of this," and pass her a huge amount of gold, saying, "please, my good lady, go live a better life," and he walks away into the night.

LOL. You forgot saves a baby from a burning building.

TV Tyrion will protect a cat from being cut open.

This needs it's own thread: What would Show!Tyrion do.

Tyrion saves Jon Connington by diving into the river and rescuing him despite the pain in his stunted legs. Jon contracts Greyscale in his thumb but Tyrion has a Maester perform a thumb transplant, giving Jon a healthy dwarf thumb and taking on the Greyscale himself. But the Gods look down upon Tyrion with great favor for his heroic deeds and deem him worthy of the Greyscale cure, which consequently is contained in a locket Tysha wears given to her by a mysterious, cloaked traveler, later revealed to be Tywin Lannister. Tyrion cries and screams "Father! Noooo! NOOOOOOO!" Moments later Tyrion hears a voice. Who's that? Could it be? Yes, Tywin's voice echoes from clouds and tells him "Tyrion, don't cry my son. I always loved you. I just wanted to make you tough, so you could be the man you are today."

Archived