Still drinking

TheLoneliestMonk

Dundee IPA right now from a seasonal mixed box. I thought I would start with the one I would like the least and it isn't too bad. I think I will try the Kolsch-style next.

Keeping an open mind with IPA's but right now they are not my favorite. My wife kind of gagged/coughed when she had a sip. I am excited to try their stout though.

I don't think I have ever heard of Dundee beer before but it was pretty reasonably priced for a 12 pack of 4 different beers.

Alex - the Golden Fleece? I used to drink there when I was 16. But that was *mumble* years ago. Small world.

Guinness? SPEW. There are so many nice stouts out there, can't think why anyone would bother with it. And that's before you even consider the whole megalomaniac Diageo stuff.

While we're experiencing this summer thing in London it is perfect weather for Kolsch. And Thornbridge Tzara is very very very easy to drink.

Alex - the Golden Fleece? I used to drink there when I was 16. But that was *mumble* years ago. Small world.

Guinness? SPEW. There are so many nice stouts out there, can't think why anyone would bother with it. And that's before you even consider the whole megalomaniac Diageo stuff.

While we're experiencing this summer thing in London it is perfect weather for Kolsch. And Thornbridge Tzara is very very very easy to drink.

That's the one! I would bet that it's still largely the same as however many years ago *mumble* equals. Cheap beer, pool table, a quiz machine and the Ashes on the tele. Lovely stuff.

Kolsch is great...

I'm currently in Kuwait for work so there's no booze, I honestly didn't think I'd miss drinking since it's only for 6 weeks. One week down and I'm craving my after dinner whisky. It's also perfect beer and cide weather so that doesn't help.

On the plus side, they have a mint lemonade here that's pretty fucking delicious and refreshing. So lots of mint lemonade :)

I'm currently in Kuwait for work so there's no booze, I honestly didn't think I'd miss drinking since it's only for 6 weeks. One week down and I'm craving my after dinner whisky. It's also perfect beer and cide weather so that doesn't help.

On the plus side, they have a mint lemonade here that's pretty fucking delicious and refreshing. So lots of mint lemonade :)

What do you mean "there's no booze." That doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you constructed that sentence correctly?

Apologies if my post is a little incoherent, I'm still a little drunk. Just came home from drinks at a friends, and had a few Canadian Clubs with cola or ginger beer. I dunno, they tasted ginger-ish. Either way, they tasted great. That and a Woodstock(bourbon with cola). I'm a bit of a lightweight.

Bless the Canadians for their maple syrup and whisky.

What do you mean "there's no booze." That doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you constructed that sentence correctly?

No pork either! I think I miss alcohol more than bacon at this point.

Currently drinking a Capt'n Eli's Root Beer, which is a soda brewed by Shipyard Brewing Co. from Maine. It's mighty tasty, though maybe a touch heavy on the minty side of things.

When I went down to the National Homebrew Conference a couple weeks ago, there was one Philly-area club that offered a homebrewed root beer in addition to the usual selection of alcoholic offerings during Club Night. The woman who made it got really excited every time someone asked for a sample. She made it with half the sugar of a typical recipe, which made for a drier root beer that really let the flavor of the roots and other spices stand out. We may have to make our own at Casa X some day.

Archived