Still drinking

TheLoneliestMonk

I might have gone a little crazy today at Total Wine. It's down the road from the Infiniti dealership where I service my car. I guess, due to heat and dehydration (Nats game last night) and not being bent over for the service bill, I decided to stop in and blow my proverbial wad on significantly cheaper than Maryland beer and wine. Thanks Virginia!

6packs

Victory Prima Pilsner

Rogue Dead Guy

Session Lager

Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin (forgot that)

4pack

Six Point Crisp

Ommegang Abbey Ale

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

12 pack cans of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

5 bottles of wine

Huzzah!

Am I the only non-hophead beer drinker? I've never liked IPA's (Mr.X's being the exception) and prefer malty flavors over agressively hoppy flavors.

Nope, you're definitely not alone in this, Scot. I'm still searching for an IPA I really like.

Anyone else tried "Skull Splitter"? It's a Red Ale from the Ornkey Brewery named after the last Norse Earl of Ornkey. Nice mild hop with an overall malty flavor that I really enjoyed.

This sounds like it would be right up my alley. I just had a nice cream ale (brewed with my and Mrs. PotN's own hands :cheers: )

PotN,

That sounds lovely. Mr.X has brewed the only IPA I've ever really liked. The hop was assertive without being overbearing. It was very well balanced.

That does sound good. Don't get me wrong, I'll keep looking for that IPA I really like because, hey, I just love beer. But, similar to what you said above, my taste in beer tends to run more from what I consider to be balanced toward the maltier side of things.

Mr.X has brewed the only IPA I've ever really liked. The hop was assertive without being overbearing. It was very well balanced.

Well, then. I now sort of wonder which IPA that was. I've brewed a lot of them. At any rate, cheers! :cheers:

Currently enjoying the Double Jack from Firestone Walker. This pint is the last of a growler's worth that I've worked my way through over the course of the evening.

Earlier tonight, we bought a pitcher for a wedding party that stormed into the bar where we were enjoying some fine ales and watching the Phils not quite rise to the occasion against the Mets.

I found a place which sells cans of 8.5% Oranjeboom this weekend! Doesn't taste like a super strength lager and gets you sorted for a night out pretty quickly. Good stuff.

They also had Oranjeboom on tap at the Lambeth County Fair thing at Brockwell Park so its been Dutch lager all weekend

Archived