Still drinking

TheLoneliestMonk

today i will be drinking whatever is cheap. went for dinner last night at a high end indian restaurant and ended up paying £7.50 for a 330ml bottle of indian lager (brewed in the uk), which tasted no better than fosters. arseholes, as long as lager is cold enough it all tastes the same and there is no excuse for such expensive nonsense.

When you're done you should try to post a list of everything you've tried up there. :)

I'm drinking some really good coffee right now, and I dare not say how many cups I'm on.

Good idea. Getting ready for softball. I have half a beer left over from last night. No bugs in it. It's goin down with the coffee.

one of my all-time favorite american craft beers the aged and still impressive sierra nevada pale ale. it was literally the first good beer i ever had. this fine beer born in 1980 still holds it's own against a slew of beers made in the same style.

i had actually forgotten how much i liked this beer until recently.

something in out mixology book under the name 'oriental cocktail.'

it is 1.5 ounce rittenhouse rye, .75 ounce each cointreau and dolin sweet vermouth, .5 ounce fresh lime juice shaken and strained.

it is really tasty. a few of these could likely wreck a person.

Ever since I saw Beer Cocktails (I don't know why it's never occurred to me until now) I've been having these every now and again during this summer.

I'm lucky enough to have a good friend of mine that's a bartender at the local dive who likes making "new" things. My personal favorite on this list is the first one: Weissen Sour

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2013/06/10-great-beer-cocktails.html

something in out mixology book under the name 'oriental cocktail.'

it is 1.5 ounce rittenhouse rye, .75 ounce each cointreau and dolin sweet vermouth, .5 ounce fresh lime juice shaken and strained.

it is really tasty. a few of these could likely wreck a person.

They have.

I have been drinking quite a bit of rye whiskey lately. Tonight has been whiskey sours (2 oz Bulleit Rye, 1 oz simple syrup, 1 oz fresh lemon juice, one to two dashes of Fee's Old Fashion bitters, shaken, strained into a cocktail glass over one marichino cherry.) followed by Bulleit Rye over ice in a rocks glass with a Warsteiner chaser... I had better drink some water before going to bed. Quite tasty though. Anyone else get a big dill taste from the Bulleit?

Ever since I saw Beer Cocktails (I don't know why it's never occurred to me until now) I've been having these every now and again during this summer.
A few of us tried them at Brewdog and they were horrible. Really horrible. I've been pretty much put off the idea for life.

Lemonade tonight. I failed in my 14km run attempt today, so no beer for me. Sad panda.

Saturday was a good one though. Several new beers: Sam Adams Summer Ale, Green Flash's Hop Head Red, Rayon Vert, and West Coast IPA, and Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. That last one was...divine. I have had many a lovely beer in my day, as well as far too many lesser brews...but that Sculpin with the lionfish staring at me from the bottle made it to/nearly to the top of my Must Drink More list.

ETA: I have discovered that a sculpin is a fish in its own right and that it is not a lionfish on the label. Touche, you spiny bastard.

Had some time to kill on Saturday so I went to a few local breweries that I had not tried before. Ended up trying 17 different kinds of beer. A couple standouts were the Phoenix Ale Brewery's Watermelon Ale, which I thought would really suck. It didn't, and turned out to be pretty refreshing, especially in the Phoenix summer sun. Sleepy Dog's Wet Snout Milk Stout was quite delicious. Papago Brewing's Orange Blossom Ale was a revelation.

Indeed. The Oriental is one of our go-to's when we have limes, but are inexplicably out of gin. But they're dangerously tasty.

yeah i poured us two each and knew we could have had more of them but decided against it.

i have two bottles of rye. this is another nice drink up some of it.

one of my bartenders at work is developing me some interesting usages for the bulk of rum and tequila we have in our bar.

Of all the puns on the word "hop" that are so trendy, my favorite has to be "Modus Hoperandi" from Ska Brewing.

i want to drink that.

from ninkasi i love tricerahops. i once dreamed i was drinking something called hoptimus prime. it is an actual beer...or rather four different beers by different brewers.

i have a 'hop' themed beer in mind that will one day see reality called hop*********. it will be awesome. the * are to protect the actual name.

Archived