Character you'll defend no matter what?

~DarkHorse~

Quentyn. He is one of the nicest characters in the series, honorable, kind and brave, although in the end he was out of his league in a world that demanded him to be outstanding while he was a normal person. He is unfairly treated both in universe and out so when I can I defend him for being a well written and a very likable guy.

Also Samwell but he is beloved unlike Quentyn. I will defend him anyway but normally other people already do that for me.

I will defend Roose as a character, not in a moral sense which is impossible.

But as to the OP, there is no-one in the books that I would defend no matter what. Everybody is capable of doing something that is indefensible.

There's no character I would defend "no matter what" because that's all kinds of a quagmire, and I generally find the stan thing to be kind of dumb. Favorite characters are one thing, but IDK how some people enjoy a huge series like this with such a big, ensemble cast when they're so tunnel visioned on one character.

I think Butterbumps! put this best in one thread when she compared it to a sports fan's mentality where the idea is that you shout for your guy no matter what and to hell with objectivity if it's inconvenient.

I defend those who I feel are attacked unreasonably, particularly if it seems fashionable at the time and all objectivity has flown out the window resulting in a kangaroo court kind of atmosphere.

Who have I defended on here?

Catelyn

Sansa

Dany

Tyrion

Robb

Drogo

Rhaegar

And to flip it round who have I attacked because I feel the character has been blown out of all proportion in terms of importance or merit on these forums? Yeah, you can guess, but no need to go into it.

Catelyn Stark, the most flawless and amazing character in the entire series.

Sansa Stark, a character of sheer awesomeness, of such complexity that many can only begin to grasp.

Spot on as usual.

Other than Catelyn and Sansa Stark, I'll also add Jaime Lannister to my own list -- so misunderstood, so brilliantly written, so undeniably flawless.

Stannis and Sansa. I'd only stop defending Stannis if he killed Sansa. I'd be fine with Sansa killing Stannis, though. :crying: Oh, and Jaime.

:lmao:

@DogLover is anyone actually attacking Asha?I've never seen it. I kind of have a feeling she is pretty much respected around here if not loved.

Archived